Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackheath fireworks.

Anyone ever tried going up there and getting in one of the pubs, what sort of time would you need to be at say princess of Wales to be able to get in?

any advice welcomed. 

Comments

• Anyone ever tried going up there and getting in one of the pubs, what sort of time would you need to be at say princess of Wales to be able to get in?

any advice welcomed. 

Take your own booze mate, you're unlikely to get near or by any of the pubs unless you get in there early afternoon.
  • will be rammed. sound advice there from the former barnsley man
  • Will be r....aining. Which should add a fun extra dimension to proceedings...
  • My band is playing at The Railway in Blackheath tonight.
    Getting there at 4pm for a 9pm start and we finish at midnight .
    Gonna be a long night, cracking but long!
  • Usually there are about 80,000 people there.  Buses don't run through the village, and trains are rammed.  Expect to walk, exceedingly slowly, to eg Lewisham or Greenwich to get a train home.  Don't take anything valuble as pickpockets everywhere.  The fireworks are quite good but the hassle on either side makes it a less fun evening out than it should be...
  • Gonna be a wet one
  • The Leeds Castle display has been cancelled this evening.
  • I live a stone's throw from Blackheath. The weather has brightened up. Still a little windy, but nothing like this morning...
  • as others have said, best off taking your own booze and then walk to Greenwich/ Deptford/ Charlton for a drink after. 
  • Go down to Lewes and see it done properly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Go down to Lewes and see it done properly.
    Or Hastings...though ours was on the 19th Oct.....try the bar in the Clarendon Hotel.
  • edited November 2019
    Greenie said:
    My band is playing at The Railway in Blackheath tonight.
    Great might pop down, walked into the princess of Wales and got a table straight away happy days in plastics so can nip outside watch fireworks and come back in
  • Greenie said:
    My band is playing at The Railway in Blackheath tonight.
    5 hours before you even start playing?  I'm guessing that you are the lead bugler?
  • Used to love the hour or whatever it was of fireworks when in blackheath , could get served easily and quaff without people about 
    beautiful 

• What time does it start and finish? I live local. About 15 mins walk. 
  • 8pm (although often starts late) and lasts 15 mins. 
  • Cheers. All that for 15 mins. 
  • Went a few years ago, it was a great spot to see all the other displays from all round London and environs :smiley:
  • Rudders22 said:
    Cheers. All that for 15 mins. 
    Bangher
  • Sponsored links:

• Has it started yet? I can't seen anything from my balcony?
  • Rudders22 said:
    Has it started yet? I can't seen anything from my balcony?
    Just finished :wink:
  • Rudders22 said:
    Has it started yet? I can't seen anything from my balcony?
    Just finished :wink:
    That was quicker than my wa...
  • Ah can see some now... mind you they are that close it might be someone's back garden
  • Missed this, but didn't miss a completely insane display emanating from seemingly the middle of the Morris Walk Estate earlier this evening. Was a totally professional job too. Wonder how it was organised/who organised it...