Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Perfect Weekend

England (Cricket) win on Friday.
England (Rugby) win on Saturday.
Charlton win on Sunday.

What do you think the odds would be?

Comments

• About 9 or 10 to 1 depending who you bet with, not bad odds really.
  • @bobmunro will tell you.
    May be worth doing doubles as well as a treble !
  • A nice win for Reading tomorrow followed by Leicester beating their own Prem scoring record would go down well too.
  • About 9 or 10 to 1 depending who you bet with, not bad odds really.
    Only 7s with Bobs lot just had a check

• Don't forget Wales losing to add to the enjoyment!
  • Shame we didnt win the World Cup in Russia last year

I know it got mentioned after we won the Cricket World Cup, saying it'll be difficult for any other Nation to win the big three (Football | Rugby | Cricket)

But for anyone else to potentially hold all three at the same time, I dont know if that could ever be repeated

I know it got mentioned after we won the Cricket World Cup, saying it'll be difficult for any other Nation to win the big three (Football | Rugby | Cricket)

But for anyone else to potentially hold all three at the same time, I dont know if that could ever be repeated
    I dont think anyone other than England can win all 3 tbh. Unless SA have a massive improvement in their footy team.

I dont think anyone other than England can win all 3 tbh. Unless SA have a massive improvement in their footy team.
    Australia and New Zealand the same

Either way if one of those three won the Football World Cup it would be a true fluke (when you take present FIFA Rankings into consideration)

There is no guarantee that they'd also have the Cricket / Rugby trophies in their clutches at the same time
  • 2022 World Cup is before the other two, if we win tomorrow we'd have one more chance.

I mean, fat chance, but it's a chance. 
  • Don't forget the Twenty 20 world cup next year.
  • Sponsored links:

As pp have said above......we might not be able to win the all in the same year but we might still be able to be the holders of all 3.

They do that with the 4 major golf trophies. Could win the Open, US Open & PGA  in 2020 & the Masters in April 2021. Therefore in May 2021 you hold all 4.
  • I would be happy to waive all three of those things in return for a win at The Den the following weekend 
  • cafctom said:
    I would be happy to waive all three of those things in return for a win at The Den the following weekend 
    Usually I’d be happy to not have my Missus home but not on this occasion mate. 
  • Tonight I win a pool Tourney (5% chance)

Tomorrow work cancelled (1%) likely

England win (55% , don't want to be too confident)

I get some (50%) - There if I want it unfortunately not my cup of tea lol

Sunday Charlton win(50%), we win county pool (30%)

That's mine :)

• cafctom said:
    I would be happy to waive all three of those things in return for a win at The Den the following weekend 
    Must admit I'm the same.  will get my tin hat, but have absolutely zero interest in Rugby and won't be watching it.  That being said, I hope those of you that have/do follow it get the result you want.  I hear it's been a cracking tournament so far if you are a fan of rugby.
  • England lose the rugby, tie the cricket and Charlton win is my preference :)
  • Leuth said:
    England lose the rugby, tie the cricket and Charlton win is my preference :)
    Ouch.
    You are already wrong with the cricket, as England won.
  • I can live with that 
  • Actually I assumed there was a second T20 tonight but okay 
  • Sponsored links:

• Why do you want England to lose Rugby?
  • Got odds of 20-1 for England winning the rugby, Charlton to win and Palace/Millwall to lose
  • English teams dominated the European football this year, and we had some good results in the athletics. Bearing in mind it's not an Olympic year, there has been some seriously good sport - and even though we lost the asked, there were some great performances
  • I don’t follow rugby, have very little idea what is going on but it is England in a World Cup Final so me and missus ESM will be in front of the TV in our PJ’s having breakfast and cheering the lads on.
  • Why do you want England to lose Rugby?
    Presumably because the media frenzy would be unbearable. It already seems like it’s been going on for about 6 months.
  • edited November 2019
    Our media braying on about this fourth-rate sport is bad enough at the best of times. 

Plus, as I said before, one of the SA players has my name in Afrikaans
  • Plus, it'll be an absolute crock of shit when our ODI cricket team/Stokes etc are forced to share billing with the rugger lot at SPOTY and in the narrative of English sport in 2019 in general 
  • I assumed you got SA in a work sweepstake. I was furious when France lost to Wales for that reason
  • Charlton win
    Spanners and palice lose
    I shag Susan Ann Sulley
  • Charlton win
    Spanners and palice lose
    I shag Susan Boyle