Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Orpington Buses Crash (from Nov 2019)

edited October 2020 in Not Sports Related
Massive accident outside my house on Sevenoaks Road, Orpington last night involving 2 buses and a car. Apparently caused by car’s dangerous driving. One dead and many injured, some badly. I am hearing that the deceased was decapitated after going through the bus window. So sad. CSI are on the scene. The road is, of course, closed in both directions from the Tesco roundabout towards Green St Green. I imagine the surrounding area will be gridlocked later so avoid the area if possible or allow plenty of time if you are travelling locally.

Comments

• Sounds awful
  • Less than one mile from my house. 
    I catch that bus home every Saturday on my way back from Charlton. 
    RIP the person who died. 
    Hopefully the rest make a speedy recovery. 
  • 3 recovery trucks and a crane outside now.
  • Just down the road from me too.

RIP to whoever died.

• One person died and 15 were injured in a crash involving two buses and a car in south-east London.

The driver of the car has been arrested over the collision on Sevenoaks Road in Orpington, on Thursday night.

One person was pronounced dead at the scene and 15 people had been taken to hospital, London Ambulance Service said. Three have serious injuries.

The arrested man was detained on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, the Met said.

• I’ve seen an idiot in a black Audi racing buses from the roundabout by the Tesco’s before. Literally slows down towards the traffic lights and then speed off as they change cutting inside the bus on the inside lane.
  • edited November 2019
    clive said:

One person died and 15 were injured in a crash involving two buses and a car in south-east London.

The driver of the car has been arrested over the collision on Sevenoaks Road in Orpington, on Thursday night.

One person was pronounced dead at the scene and 15 people had been taken to hospital, London Ambulance Service said. Three have serious injuries.

The arrested man was detained on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, the Met said.

Awful accident

According to one eyewitness, the crash happened at the bottom of The Avenue at the junction of Park Avenue and Sevenoaks Road.
    He told the BBC the car involved in the crash was a Skoda with a Transport for London (TfL) tax disc in the windscreen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Being reported that it was a minicap driver who was high on drugs. And that it was the  us driver who died. 

Absolutely awful. RIP
  • A bus driver died and 15 people have been injured in a crash involving two buses and a car in south-east London.

Police said the man, believed to be 60-years-old, was pronounced dead at the scene on Sevenoaks Road in Orpington, on Thursday night.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-50258092

• If the bus driver was decapitated and did go through the windscreen it sounds like he was not wearing his seatbelt?
  • If the bus driver was decapitated and did go through the windscreen it sounds like he was not wearing his seatbelt?
    Dont they only wear lap belts? - Surely not a secure as a seat belt that you'd get in a car?
  • That's horrible news. Rest in peace bus driver 
  • So many cocks allowed to drive on our roads nowadays.  It is getting unbearable getting from A to B without Lewis Hamilton wannabes causing carnage.
    Drove through Sidcup about 10.30 last night and had to maneuver around the audi that seemed to have driven headfirst into another vehicle whilst on the wrong side of the road.
  • This is awful, RIP the poor bus driver.
    I hope all in hospital can make a good recovery.
    Was this anywhere near Orpington train station? My train waited 20 minutes at Orpington last night, around 11pm, so just wondered if related at all.
  • Salad said:
    This is awful, RIP the poor bus driver.
    I hope all in hospital can make a good recovery.
    Was this anywhere near Orpington train station? My train waited 20 minutes at Orpington last night, around 11pm, so just wondered if related at all.
    Just along from the war memorial 
  • Another PHV vehicle in a smash up. Happens all over London. This time an innocent life lost. Not the first and won’t be the last. Any dickhead allowed to get behind the wheel these days. That’s what Ubers brown envelopes bought the general public 
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope the f***er who caused this gets a long sentence. Tragic loss for the bus driver's family. RIP
  • I hope the f***er who caused this gets a long sentence. Tragic loss for the bus driver's family. RIP
    I doubt he will, his defense lawyer will come up with some drivel and it will be manslaughter at best.

This guy only got 8 years for driving around in a field full of campers sleeping in tents, he killed a women all whilst pissed and not having passed his test.

It took five people including the husband to lift the car off his wife..................eight years, he will be out in four.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-50137051
  • clive said:

@Go_Ahead_London is sad to report the loss of a much loved and well known character who worked at our Orpington garage. Click the link below to give your donations in support of his family. https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/kennethmatcham …

£6660 raised so far. Please donate if you can.
  • I alighted the 358 bus four stops before the incident happened, coming home from work. RIP to the poor bus driver who lost his life to sheer (alleged) stupidity. 
  • Can’t imagine how hard those incidents must be to deal with @RugbyAddick much respect
    Seconded. I can’t begin to imagine the effect that has.
  • edited November 2019
    Sorry to hear that Rugbyaddick, it sounds horrific.

https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/18008992.witness-says-orpington-crash-carnage-like-nothing-seen/

Has the area been shutdown or is it open?