Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Humurous quotes relating to our situation

edited December 2008 in Fun, Jokes & Captions
From Black Adder

A Charlton Fans Meeting,

Charlton Fan (Blackadder): Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words "I have a cunning plan" marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?

Director (Baldrick): [With cheeky smile on face] They certainly are sir!

Charlton Fan (Blackadder): Well, forgive me if I don't do a cartwheel of joy; your record in this department is hardly 100%. So what is it?

Director (Baldrick): We do nothing

Charlton Fan (Blackadder): Yup, it's another world-beater.

Comments

• Like it Kap !

It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand, and Charlton lose. I beat people up. - Muhammad Ali
  • Reverse every natural instinct and do the opposite of what you are inclined to do, and you will probably come very close to how Charlton Athletic is being run right now - Ben Hogan
  • I can accept failure - Michael Jordan throwing his hat into the ring for the Charlton job
  • Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a Charlton player - Vince Lombardi.
  • You can make a lot of money in this game. Just ask our ex-manager - Richard Murray Lee Trevino.
  • I have a dream that my four little children will one day support a club not judged by the color of their shirt or the results they achieve but by the content of it's character.

Martin Luther King
  • A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him. And not sign Deon Burton - David Brinkley
  • D'oh - Homer Simpson
  • If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. ~ John Kenneth Galbraith
  • Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiam - Winston Churchill renewing his Charlton season ticket
  • Sponsored links:

• WSSWSS
    edited December 2008
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Sir Winston Churchill

Damn you smudge
  • woah! that was quick!
  • One secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes. Unfortunately Parky wasn't quite ready. - Benjamin Disraeli
  • Charlton have turned their season around, they used to be miserable and depressed, now they are depressed and miserable.
  • I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed - Iain Dowie Michael Jordan retaining his self belief
  • There is nothing to fear but fear itself and a dodgy back four - Franklin D. Roosevelt
  • If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress and actually win a game of football. - Barack Obama
  • If at first you don't suceed, give up and collect your money - Charlton Squad 2008
  • God does not play dice with the Championship.
  • "never on the field has so few football been played by so many" - Winnie
  • Sponsored links:

• 'He's not even the best drummer in the Covered End' - John Lennon
  • "I have in my hand a piece of paper, its your P45 Mr Parkinson" - Clement Attlee
  • "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and a dodgy penalty decision that gifts Charlton 3 needy points". Winnie (again)
  • "crisis ? what crisis" ----- some labour twat
  • "Relegation, my dear Watson" - S Holmes
  • Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time with a different manager - Henry Ford
  • "The path of the Charlton man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of Charlton and good will, shepherds the weak through The Valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is Off_it when I lay my vengeance upon thee."
  • Enough is enough, and its time for a change!

Owen Hart RIP
  • All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

1905 on Parkinson's future
  • "Fans, supporters, the Board, lend me your ears; I come to bury Parky, not to praise him."