Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

iPod question for the Apple experts

I hope that there is someone out there who can help me with an iPod problem.

I have an iPod touch which I have basically always had hooked up to my car stereo. Recently we changed cars and I took the iPod out to carry out an update and get it ready for installation in the new car.

When I hooked it up to my Mac it locked me out and asked for my itunes password which I entered and which it didn‘t accept. In order to reset the password it is trying to send an email to an email address which no longer exists (the free provider shut down when it was no longer profitable).

Does anyone know how I can reset the password using my current email address?

Thanks

Comments

• edited October 2019

• No, but there is a guy in Chatham dockyard who does this sort of thing.

I'll dig out the number if you want it.
  • Contact Apple customer service on 0800 408 0408. You will go through some security with them and provided you pass, you can just change the email address that the account is associated with.

My brother did this last year, with relatively little hassle.

• I hope that there is someone out there who can help me with an iPod problem.

I have an iPod touch which I have basically always had hooked up to my car stereo. Recently we changed cars and I took the iPod out to carry out an update and get it ready for installation in the new car.

When I hooked it up to my Mac it locked me out and asked for my itunes password which I entered and which it didn‘t accept. In order to reset the password it is trying to send an email to an email address which no longer exists (the free provider shut down when it was no longer profitable).

Does anyone know how I can reset the password using my current email address?

Thanks
    I lost my entire iTunes account when this happened, Apple were absolutely useless. 

I had maybe 8,000 tracks downloaded. 

Contact Apple customer service on 0800 408 0408. You will go through some security with them and provided you pass, you can just change the email address that the account is associated with.

My brother did this last year, with relatively little hassle.

See my response, this didn't work for me, spent hours on the phone to them. Haven't bought an Apple product since. 
  • Thanks everyone!
    I‘ll give Apple a call and take it from there.