Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA cup 3rd round draw. 2019

Our league form has hit a level playing field of comfortable enough inconsistency. When we lose, we have shown that we can recover and still pick up points in the next game.

We currently do not have too much to worry about in that sense...although it is of course still the number one priority. We don't really want or need any major distractions.

I think we have potential to produce an FA cup run this season, though.

We have a more atmospheric fanbase. Young players that play for the shirt and Bowyer will get them riled up.

We won't have a typical FA cup 3rd round tie away at Huddersfield and get knocked out the 1st hurdle.

I can see it being more like Man united or Chelsea.

Anyone know when the draw is?

Comments

• I'm solely focusing on the 3rd round draw.

An away day at a big club will surely be a positive thing?

We only have the league and FA cup to think about anyway.

It will be a week's break following the cup, so it won't cause fatigue.

Only maybe an unfortunate injury.

Other then that, no problem at all.

Big morale booster for the squad.

Live a little.
  • Dave2l said:
    Our league form has hit a level playing field of comfortable enough inconsistency. When we lose, we have shown that we can recover and still pick up points in the next game.

We currently do not have too much to worry about in that sense...although it is of course still the number one priority. We don't really want or need any major distractions.

We have a more atmospheric fanbase. Young players that play for the shirt and Bowyer will get them riled up.

We won't have a typical FA cup 3rd round tie away at Huddersfield and get knocked out the 1st hurdle.

2nd December
  • edited October 2019
    Dave2l said:
    I'm solely focusing on the 3rd round draw.

Live a little.
    But it'll only be three days between Swansea away and said FA Cup clash, not to mention its right at the end of the Xmas run of games so yes imagine it will cause fatigue

Bowyer is going to rest players as we've got West Brom the week after the FA Cup - Especially if we've still got a good number of players out
  • We will not have a cup run. We will play the kids in the 3rd round a get dumped out. We do not have the squad to be taking risks with first team players in the cup.
    Any more injuries and we'll be playing all the kids every bloody week.
  • Dave2l said:

2nd December
    7pm
  • Dave2l said:
    I'm solely focusing on the 3rd round draw.

Live a little.
    But it'll only be three days between Swansea away and said FA Cup clash, not to mention its right at the end of the Xmas run of games so yes imagine it will cause fatigue

Bowyer is going to rest players as we've got West Brom the week after the FA Cup - Especially if we've still got a good number of players out

Fair enough, can't argue with that.

Shame though. We have a lot of spirit at the moment.

A big club wouldn't want to play us.
  • I do wonder though if Bowyer would play the kids if we ended up facing one of the top six

Whilst it would be good to get out of the cup you wouldnt want to damage their progression even if they are only playing against Man City's reserves like Foden etc.
  • Well probably get a team in League 1 and lose, hard to be optimistic in the cup. I am happy with mid-table , play off push this season. Anything is a bonus, with the current squad it wouldn't be so bad if we didn't have half the squad injured
  • Sponsored links:

• Quarter finals this you. 
    Nailed on. 

You heard it here first. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Quarter finals this you. 
    Nailed on. 

You heard it here first. 
    Where we lose to Millwall who then face Palace in the semis. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Huddersfield away, 3rd round. 
    Nailed on. 

You heard it here first. 

Fixed it for you
  • I really believed this would be our year.

Until this thread was started.

• MrOneLung said:
    Quarter finals this you. 
    Nailed on. 

You heard it here first. 
    Since we lost 3-1 to Man Utd in 1994 we reached the Quarter-Finals every six years

That run was ended between 2006 - 2014 when it was eight years

Should the sequence return then this is the season its going to happen
  • Booked to go to Barcelona on cup final day. Proper charlton.
  • Bromley Away
  • A nice away day at a top 6 club, preferably one that plays some kids and we have a chance of beating, will be ideal. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Quarter finals this you. 
    Nailed on. 

You heard it here first. 
    Where we lose to Millwall who then face Palace in the semis. 
    We've never, ever, been drawn against Millwall in the FA Cup. Just saying...
  • I fancy a decent FA cup run this year, all the way to the giddy heights of the 3rd round
  • Sponsored links:

• Booked to go to Barcelona on cup final day. Proper charlton.
    Proper Charlton go away on 4th Round Day.
  • Bromley Away

I would rater play the top team in The National League....Halifax.  ;)

Big game tomorrow.
  • due to the swansea game - we will likely be playing sunday or monday. 
  • Spurs or West Ham away please with about 8,000 tickets 
  • Dave2l said:

That guarantees we will come out of the hat away to Huddersfield.
  • Palarse. 
    Home or away either way I'd be a happy bunny. 
  • Potters Bar Town or Barnet away would be handy. 
  • Uboat said:
    Potters Bar Town or Barnet away would be handy. 
    Barnet went through 3-1 winners
  • 3rd Round might be just at the right time to give some returning players a  much needed game....Williams and Field maybe.