Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Shish Parlour - North Stand Bogs

Gordon Bennett, what was going on in the North stand bogs at half time?

Jam packed with stewards, smelt like a Shish parlour, could barely breathe!!

Comments

• The stewards should know better . 
  • Controlled cottaging
  • edited October 2019
    Cant be as bad as the East Stand ones. I reported on here a few weeks ago about the cubicle with the blocked one that was overflowing.......well it seems they "cleared" it as today the water was seen to very clean so definitely been "looked at"  ....but still blocked & the water up to the rim. Wtf  ???  Who cleans a blocked toilet but doesnt unblock it...??  At least lock the door & put the bloody thing out of service. It wouldnt be so bad if the far end block had been re-opened, but no.....It appears that having another couple of thousand people in the East Stand doesn't warrant it  !!

SG out  !!!!
  • we all know some people have a fag at half time - i've been guilty myself. 

they seem to of ramped up the stewarding to stop this from happening. 
  • They should fence off a bit downstairs. Its grim in the toilets at half time.
  • The east stand has a perfect place to have a smoking area by the turnstiles, the covered end lower wouldn't be much of a problem either.

Other clubs do it, all it does is force people into to toilets etc.   
  • At the Crawley game a while back they let us out of the ground to smoke at HT, they do the same down at Exeter rugby club
  • At the Crawley game a while back they let us out of the ground to smoke at HT, they do the same down at Exeter rugby club
    Not sure if some could get down to Exeter & back during HT......
  • Sponsored links:

• A lot of clubs allow people out at HT for a fag, Wigan this season for example
  • Interestingly that away fans in the JS can smoke in an area for smoking.
  • I've said this before, its rank in the bogs and could be easily solved by doing what loads of other clubs do in having an area outside for people to smoke. 

I hear every argument against people smoking in the toilets and I agree that it shouldn't be happening, and yes it wouldn't happen on a flight, in the cinema or on a train journey for example. Big difference is with football you mix in lots of people having had a drink, a situation that stresses a lot of people, me included and the desire to smoke and the high likelihood of getting away with it and you have the smog of tobacco smoke there is currently and has been for years coming out of the bogs. 

Assign areas and a handful of stewards to Marshall it and everyone will be happier than they currently are 
  • Reading let people out for a smoke - it wouldn’t be that hard and would likely be cheaper than paying 20 stewards to patrol the bogs 
  • East Stand smoke by the steps leading up to the Sam bartram entrance. Away fans are similarly puffing away at the back by the gate to the East.

Been guilty myself of smoking in the bogs when I smoked years ago. Feel pretty embarrassed about it now to be honest, mainly the sheer selfishness of it when you know young kids have to use those facilities but also the fact going not even 2hrs without a fag really shouldn’t be a hardship 
  • edited October 2019
    Some bloke in front of me in the North Upper was just casually having a snout in his seat at HT. Didnt give a shit.
  • Some bloke in front of me in the North Upper was just casually having a snout in his seat at HT. Didnt give a shit.
    Had a fair few people smoke around me during matches this season in the NU, harder to police now the stands are almost full again.
  • Agh the good old days when you could go to a game and moan about the bonfire coming out of the bogs.....