Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bristol city fan with local info for Wednesday

Firstly THERE WILL NO PAY ON THE DAY and this will NOT be changed
Secondly If your coming to Bristol on Wednesday.
If you have BT Sport you could have a look at the ground as  Bristol rugby are at home to Bath Rugby on this friday night

Coming by road.

Do NOT USE M4/M32 route and don't try to negotiate the roads and streets of Bristol
YOU WILL GET LOST
If you are coming by road use M4/M5 southbound to junction 18(Avonmouth) then follow signs A4 Bristol airport
It looks the long way round but its quicker.
Parking is normally in the streets around the area as long as you are there by 1pm please don't block drive ways or park on corners.
If you are coming by train there is a local train service to PARSON STREET from Bristol Temple Meads

Good train times as most trains from London direction arrive at quarter past the hour and quarter to the hour
trains from the North also arrive at quarter past the hour and quarter to the hour
it takes you two thirds of the way to the ground and walk the rest of the way
You will pass Sainsburys on the left with restaurant,Robins pub again on your left hand side
When you approach the ground I suggest you walk past wickes using the pavement
as the concourse area behind the big new stand gets very congested with bodies
Any less you want to look at the John Atyeo statue

Please make sure you get your train ticket showing PARSON STREET
We are trying to promote PARSON STREET for football fans till Ashton gate halt comes on line.
Split train tickets are available to Bristol
day return reading to didcot and day return didcot to parson street
The only stipulation the train MUST stop at Didcot
Group save tickets are available(one third off) on GWR trains but not cross country trains
If there are at least three of you arriving by train get a taxi
Make sure the taxi driver drops you in the Ashton Road end as it a very long walk round from the other end

Casualty and Holby City were filmed in the City don't ask me about either of the programmes cos I think their both rubbish
The young ones was also filmed in the BS7 area of the City(actually its Bishopston)
Finally the block of flats on the left behind the dolman stand side as you are in the away end is "the" block of flats in "fools and horses"
Bring your camera and turn up early if you want to take any photo's
Pubs possibly best one are in the cumberland road basin area novia scotia pump house and the cottage.
Buy your match day programme before you enter the away end.

Pubs: best ones are along the Cumberland Roads area,suggest park your car and then walk to the ground.
Please circulate to any other football forums and footy fans you may deem fit
If you need any further info,don't be afraid to ask

Comments

• Cheers Infoman - thanks for that.
    Very much appreciated.

• The only vehicle parked up by 1pm will be the Larkfield coach :smile:

Presume this written for a 3pm KO.
  • Might not affect too many, but think there is engineering works post game from Temple Meads going South to Weston Super Mare, Burnham, Taunton etc,

so late trains will be a bus replacement instead. 
  • Might not affect too many, but think there is engineering works post game from Temple Meads going South to Weston Super Mare, Burnham, Taunton etc,

so late trains will be a bus replacement instead. 
    Can you confirm there is engineering works?
  • edited October 2019
    Only on Charlton life 
    A city fan comes on here to give us info for the match and we get a couple of people arguing with each other about selling tickets on the day even though stated first off tickets wont be available on the day.
    See you down there @The_President and @JaShea99

• Cheers Infoman - thanks for that.
    Very much appreciated.

Don't be so quick with the praise, Pressie.  You did see he'd put "their" instead of "they're" didn't you?
  • How long have you been an undercover cop infoman? 
  • Firstly, no pay on day 😂
    secondly, you will get lost, sat navs not work in the West Country?
  • Curb_It said:
    Any skips conveniently placed outside? 
    That was a scary day.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’d be very disappointed @infoman if the breadth of you info knowledge was limited to the Bristol road scene.

What else you got in your locker? The New York subway routes? Tokyo train stations? Edible / poisonous berries? National Trust site opening times ?
  • I’d be very disappointed @infoman if the breadth of you info knowledge was limited to the Bristol road scene.

What else you got in your locker? The New York subway routes? Tokyo train stations? Edible / poisonous berries? National Trust site opening times ? How to get out of Albany Park ?

• You haven't been to Bristol if you haven't had something strong on the cider boat...

http://applecider.co.uk
  • Any indication of how many heading to only fools and horses's country
  • infoman said:
    Any indication of how many heading to only fools and horses's country
    We are already in Only fools and horses country.
  • I have actually played at Ashton Gate. I don't want to go into it because I didn't play very well. In fact I was totally rubbish, but I have played there. I will say no more!
  • infoman said:
    Infoman do i really need to get there by 1pm to get a parking space 
  • @infoman driving up from the South West would you advise using the Portway Park and Ride? Where at the ground do you pick it after and is it quite efficient getting on a bus or are you likely to be queueing half hour? 

Cheers in advance 
  • infoman said:
  • Why I love this site summed up in one thread.  An opposition fan comes on here to tell us he thinks Casualty is rubbish, and Muttley posts a cryptic message about the time he had a poor performance on the pitch at Ashton Gate, but can’t go into specifics 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2019
    I could go into them, it is just too painful :) I'll take the good part, playing on the pitch, the facilities etc... but erase the bad part - everything else. 
  • infoman said:

Any less you want to look at the John Atyeo statue

A worthy recipient of a statue, but it's not a very good likeness is it?  ;)
    (Like a bent corrugated sheet attached to a giant bollock)
  • The milkfloat has arrived thought the parking was meant to be bad.
    Im outside the groud
  • clb74 said:
    The milkfloat has arrived thought the parking was meant to be bad.
    Im outside the groud
    Enjoy the game Chris. 
  • Is there an away pub

Just arrived on the train
  • clb74 said:
    The milkfloat has arrived thought the parking was meant to be bad.
    Im outside the groud
    Enjoy the game Chris. 
    Not after ive just f@cking found out derby and Swansea on sky
  • edited October 2019
    From the main website it says The Nova Scotia; Rose of Denmark or fans zone at the ground... see below.  Bedminster Cricket club also seems to offer parking/food and a bar

Away fans should avoid pubs on North Street, while those closer to Ashton Gate - both the Robins and the Rising Sun - operate a Home Fans Only policy. The Nova Scotia welcomes well-behaved away supporters, along with the Rose of Denmark. They are a 15-minute walk from the ground.

Behind the Atyeo Stand (and away turnstiles) there is a dedicated Fan Village for away supporters, which offers food and drink for sale.

• From the main website it says The Nova Scotia; Rose of Denmark or fans zone at the ground
    Familiar!