Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Arndale centre

being evacuated after multiple stabbings apparently 

Comments

• Four people are being treated for injuries after reports of a number of stabbings at the Arndale Centre in Manchester.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-50014205
  • a boy stabbed to death outside Stratford centre yesterday .. UK shopping malls are getting to be as dangerous for youngsters as the middle east
  • It's all the fault of middle class bankers.
  • It's all the fault of middle class bankers.
    And Knife manufacturers.
  • a boy stabbed to death outside Stratford centre yesterday .. UK shopping malls are getting to be as dangerous for youngsters as the middle east
    an 18 year old was also stabbed to death on an estate in camberwell yesterday 
  • Counter-terrorism police now leading the investigation. 
    Hopefully the people stabbed will make a full and quick recovery. 
  • Someone will be along soon to call everyone's posts racist and the thread will be shut down. It's pointless even discussing this topic. 
    Racist.
  • All we know is that a 40yr old was arrested. One report there was 2 people. However, we don't know what that person saw. I am sure we will find out this afternoon sometime on wether he is someone with mental health issues and known to the police or not. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Someone will be along soon to call everyone's posts racist and the thread will be shut down. It's pointless even discussing this topic. 
    ???
  • Rudders22 said:
    All we know is that a 40yr old was arrested. One report there was 2 people. However, we don't know what that person saw. I am sure we will find out this afternoon sometime on wether he is someone with mental health issues and known to the police or not. 
    They'll have issues that's for sure! Be interesting to see what the motive is
  • Rudders22 said:
    All we know is that a 40yr old was arrested. One report there was 2 people. However, we don't know what that person saw. I am sure we will find out this afternoon sometime on wether he is someone with mental health issues and known to the police or not. 
    I'll stick my neck and say it wasn't mental issues, but something else. I'm sure it will be wrapped up as 'mental health issues' though as a lot of these "random" attacks are. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    Rudders22 said:
    I'll stick my neck and say it wasn't mental issues, but something else. I'm sure it will be wrapped up as 'mental health issues' though as a lot of these "random" attacks are. 
    Interesting, I have not read this line of thought before, do you care to elaborate further? 
  • Confirmed as a terrorist attack.
  • Confirmed as a terrorist attack.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see London targeted during extinction rebellion, large numbers in the same place and police stretched to the max 
    an 18 year old was also stabbed to death on an estate in camberwell yesterday 
    almost becoming news when a day goes by without a stabbing or murder of some sort
  • Was arrested for assault and then rearrested on suspicion of terror offences.
  • Swisdom said:
    Unfortunately all those idiots doing hippie dances for extinction rebellion are stretching the police to their limits. Also costing us a fortune as police are doing forced overtime to babysit the middle-classed pricks.  Predictably the criminals will come out from under their rocks and do what they do.

grr
    @Swisdom are you suggesting that the four people in Manchester wouldn't have been stabbed if there hadn't been the Extinction Rebellion protests in London?  

Or are you saying that the incident in Manchester would still have taken place, but the police would have arrested him in less than the five minutes it took? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:
    Swisdom said:
    Unfortunately all those idiots doing hippie dances for extinction rebellion are stretching the police to their limits. Also costing us a fortune as police are doing forced overtime to babysit the middle-classed pricks.  Predictably the criminals will come out from under their rocks and do what they do.

grr
    @Swisdom are you suggesting that the four people in Manchester wouldn't have been stabbed if there hadn't been the Extinction Rebellion protests in London?  

Or are you saying that the incident in Manchester would still have taken place, but the police would have arrested him in less than the five minutes it took? 
    Obviously not. No
    thst was in response to the couple of known stabbings in and around London.
    if it’s clear to see the force is tied up with the protests then its highly like the undesirables will be more likely to surface.

the Manchester situation is just another nut job who needs locking up. Interesting to see the footage of people running away...while the police run straight into the trouble.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Rudders22 said:
    He has now been detained under the mental health act.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Rudders22 said:
    He has now been detained under the mental health act.
    Call me mystic Meg 
  • Swisdom said:

grr
    We all knew the point you were trying to make mate and it was a good one... 
  • Rubbish from swisdom. The police prioritise what they will deal with, despite being c20000 resources down on what they argue they need.
    All he's done is have a swipe at others he doesn't like or agree with, correlating things that aren't related to fit his personal agenda. Aka 'brexity' thinking.
  • Stabbings occur in London on far too frequent a basis for too long to correlate it with some protests that have taken place in Westminster over the past couple of weeks. Ridiculous comment really. 
  • The topic was being discussed all day on the radio yesterday prior to and after the stabbings about what swisdom said... Top policemen and other people were showing their concerns about the depletion of County forces in protecting people when all the scum knew local resources weren't available... So yes ridiculous to say it was tidiculous. 
  • Swisdom said:
    Chizz said:
    Swisdom said:

grr

Obviously not. No
    if it’s clear to see the force is tied up with the protests then its highly like the undesirables will be more likely to surface.

the Manchester situation is just another nut job who needs locking up. Interesting to see the footage of people running away...while the police run straight into the trouble.
    Not excusing what he has done to innocent people but referring to someone as a nut job the day after mental health awareness day is not on imo. 

Not knowing the backstory who knows the what’s why’s and where’s regarding why this happened it’s probably best to not say anything at all. 
  • Swisdom said:
    Chizz said:
    Swisdom said:

grr

Obviously not. No

Not knowing the backstory who knows the what’s why’s and where’s regarding why this happened it’s probably best to not say anything at all. 
    That's never stopped people spouting complete bollox in the past. 

Maybe we should have a "Bollox spouting awareness day" to try to tackle the issue.