Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Will look forward to the 90s | 00 | Present Day evenings

Certainly my eras of supporting the club so will understand what they're talking about more
  • The centenary dinner falls the weekend that I'll be in England! May just have to give it a go!
  • ross1 said:
    Can't wait for that one, grew up with Charlton through the 70s and the 60s guests are ones I know.
  • I only just read this. I wrongly assumed it was a dancing type event lol.

I just booked up. £10 to meet Killer seems good value.

If anyone is interested it's on the ticket page under tours & experiences and then "events" on the drop down menu.

‘An Evening Through the Decades’ will see three events take place at The Valley throughout the season, with the first, celebrating the 1960s and 1970s, boasting some of the biggest names to grace SE7 during the era.

The intimate Q&A evening will come in two halves, with legendary Addicks Len Glover, Charlie Wright, Phil Warman and Brian Kinsey taking to the stage for the first part, before the mic turns to Colin Powell, Derek Hales and Arthur Horsfield for the second, with Keith Peacock overseeing proceedings.

The legends will share stories about their time playing at The Valley and field questions from supporters and there will be a host of other famous names from the era present at the event, giving fans a chance to mingle with their heroes from the past with the likes of Dick Tydman, Peter Hunt and Les Berry set to attend. Further names will be confirmed in due course. 

Tickets for ‘An Evening Through the Decades: The 60s and 70s’, which takes place in The Valley’s Millennium Lounge with doors opening at 7pm, will go on sale on Saturday morning and will be priced at £10 from the Ticket Office. They can be purchased either online by visiting booking.cafc.co.uk, by phone on 03330 14 44 44 or in person.

Two further ‘An Evening Through the Decades’ events will take place later in the season celebrating both the 80s and 90s as well as the 00s to the present day with yet more Addicks legends, news of which will be confirmed in due course.

• Brought 2 tickets today for the event and only around 30 more tickets left for sale , so if you're interested I'd get in quick , if you want to go.
  • We got ours early, so nice to know it's selling well. Should be a great night!
  • edited October 2019
    @Covered End thanks for your post explaining how to book tickets for this, as I ended up having to talk my Dad through the process over the phone. He's just phoned me a little while ago to say thank you as he and Mum had a whale of a time there tonight.
    Anyone here have any particularly favourite stories from it?
  • aliwibble said:
    @Covered End thanks for your post explaining how to book tickets for this, as I ended up having to talk my Dad through the process over the phone. He's just phoned me a little while ago to say thank you as he and Mum had a whale of a time there tonight.
    I will put it to the new board that  @Covered End is to be our SLO.

Aside from me, he is the most helpful and courteous person I know.
  • edited October 2019
    aliwibble said:
    I will put it to the new board that  @Covered End is to be our SLO.

Aside from me, he is the most helpful and courteous person I know.
    Harsh, after all I've just done for aliwibble regarding the search facility. 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Great picture. Sorry to say I can only recognise for certain Colin Powell, Brian Kinsey, Keith Peacock and Phil Warman.

Can you put names to faces, please. 

• Great picture. Sorry to say I can only recognise for certain Colin Powell, Brian Kinsey, Keith Peacock and Phil Warman.

Claude Greengrass top left
  • Recognise Mike Bailey.

Ok

Wish I could. Mike Bailey front row far right, Martin Robinson, back row third from right, Peter Shaw and Derek Hales back row far left.
  • Lawrie McMenemy front row, far left
  • Arthur Horsfield next to Peter Shaw? 
  • Peter Shaw is wearing well.
  • edited October 2019
    Yes, (King) Arthur Horsfield third from left top row.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hales getting ready for Christmas!

• edited October 2019
    Very difficult to recognise some of those lads without the flowing locks of their youth.
  • It was a great evening , Ritchie Bowman was the only one who looked exactly the same as I remember him , completely unravaged by the effects of time. Many great stories , Halesy was on form a sort of cross between Uncle Albert and Del Boy . Len Glover talking about playing against Stanley Matthews and I even managed a chat with King Arthur , recounting my story about how I met him once before in the changing rooms after a Friday night game against Southampton , which he attended as a spectator. Told me he still lives in the same house in Gravesend , in brought in 1972 and wished he'd got his wife to drive up , so he could have a proper drink like Halesy was.
  • Shocked that Killer has a beer in his hand
  • Saw 10 of those play. Sounds like a great evening.
  • edited October 2019
    Brilliant night.
    I had a decent chat with Killer afterwards, but I wouldn't repeat what he said on here.
  • Brilliant night.
    I had a decent chat with Killer afterwards, but I wouldn't repeat what he said on here.
    Go on, go for it !
  • One thing I can repeat, is that I asked Killer about him & Flanagan and he said they are still good friends to this day.
  • Didn't recognise Hunt and Warman. Lenny Glover looking as dapper as ever.
  • It was a great evening , Ritchie Bowman was the only one who looked exactly the same as I remember him , completely unravaged by the effects of time. Many great stories , Halesy was on form a sort of cross between Uncle Albert and Del Boy . Len Glover talking about playing against Stanley Matthews and I even managed a chat with King Arthur , recounting my story about how I met him once before in the changing rooms after a Friday night game against Southampton , which he attended as a spectator. Told me he still lives in the same house in Gravesend , in brought in 1972 and wished he'd got his wife to drive up , so he could have a proper drink like Halesy was.
    Killer is certainly looking like Uncle Albert these days!