Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

London - The Drugs Capital Of Europe

Article in the news today implies cocaine use in London is the highest in Europe, with 500,000 ‘hits’ a day, are drugs really this accessible and used as everyday items? 

https://news.sky.com/video/london-the-cocaine-capital-of-europe-11830909

Comments

• "Every day Londoners consume more cocaine than people in Berlin, Amsterdam and Barcelona combined."

London has a larger population than those three cities combined.
  • Have you been living under a rock? Pretty sure London has been the ‘cocaine capital’ for years now.
  • So, basically, a university in London tests ‘waste water’ and finds evidence that there is high cocaine use, particularly mid week...and comes to a conclusion that all of London must be using more cocaine than those 3 cities combined...
  • JaShea99 said:
    Have you been living under a rock? Pretty sure London has been the ‘cocaine capital’ for years now.
    Your right, probably explains why we’ve got nutters gluing themselves to buses and trains!
  • As it’s significantly bigger than every other city in Western Europe, London will be the “capital” of most things, especially football.
  • Isn’t London also the Money Laundering capital of the world. 
  • Isn’t London also the Money Laundering capital of the world. 
    I thought Thamesmead was once up there with regards to credit card fraud in Europe
  • Sponsored links:

• Legalise and regulate. Heaven knows what people are putting into their bodies that it’s been cut with. Also would stop mostly working class BAME stabbing each other to keep the middle class bankers powder supply going.
    Legalise cocaine? 
  • se9addick said:
    Legalise and regulate. Heaven knows what people are putting into their bodies that it’s been cut with. Also would stop mostly working class BAME stabbing each other to keep the middle class bankers powder supply going.
    Legalise cocaine? 
    And regulate. yes. Keeping it illegal with long prison sentences hasn’t worked.
  • edited October 2019
    Legalise and regulate. Heaven knows what people are putting into their bodies that it’s been cut with. Also would stop mostly working class BAME stabbing each other to keep the middle class bankers powder supply going.
    What a load of cobblers. So you reckon that “Middle Class Bankers” are single handedly supporting the Cocaine industry?

I’m sure we all know plenty of people that do it from other industries. 

Recruitment was far worse for it than Banking in my experience.
  • 23kg of cocaine consumed in London every day, and that's not even counting my poker night with the boys.
  • JaShea99 said:
    Have you been living under a rock? Pretty sure London has been the ‘cocaine capital’ for years now.
    A rock?   Was that a pun? 
  • edited October 2019
    se9addick said:
    Legalise cocaine? 
    Surely we could apply that to pretty much any crime that is still being committed?

Let’s legalise and regulate murder, keeping it illegal with long prison sentences hasn’t worked!
  • 23kg of cocaine consumed in London every day, and that's not even counting my poker night with the boys.
    Is that why many airlines give you a 23kg luggage allowance?
  • Sponsored links:

It's the reason there's often fights on Ryanair. Their shitty baggage allowance means loads of passengers are clucking

It's the reason there's often fights on Ryanair. Their shitty baggage allowance means loads of passengers are clucking
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7224123/lads-on-ryanair-flight-cut-up-lines-of-white-powder-and-steward-bringing-them-vodka-doesnt-bat-an-eyelid/ 
  • edited October 2019
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Legalise cocaine? 
    Surely we could apply that to pretty much any crime that is still being committed?

Let’s legalise and regulate murder, keeping it illegal with long prison sentences hasn’t worked!

No, you can't apply it to pretty much any crime that is being committed.  You could legalise and regulate cocaine like we have regulated and legalised alcohol (Many millions die a year world wide from consuming alcohol).  

I'm not sure how a comparison can be drawn with murder, there are millions of people consuming cocaine every week in the UK, there are not millions of people committing murder every week in the UK and I have no idea how you will legalise and regulate murder.  Ironically, by legalising cocaine (and other drugs) we may reduce the murder rate.

• Something in the British Psyche seems to mean that whatever we do we don’t do it in moderation. You can cite the drinking culture that exists where Brits binge and don’t have a relationship with alcohol anywhere like found on the rest of Europe. I think perhaps that’s now carried over into drug culture.
  • Something in the British Psyche seems to mean that whatever we do we don’t do it in moderation. You can cite the drinking culture that exists where Brits binge and don’t have a relationship with alcohol anywhere like found on the rest of Europe. I think perhaps that’s now carried over into drug culture.

It's great that we're so damn good at something though.
    I don’t think as a nation we’re good drinkers though, we’re just big (binge) drinkers. 
  • se9addick said:
    Something in the British Psyche seems to mean that whatever we do we don’t do it in moderation. You can cite the drinking culture that exists where Brits binge and don’t have a relationship with alcohol anywhere like found on the rest of Europe. I think perhaps that’s now carried over into drug culture.

It's great that we're so damn good at something though.
    I don’t think as a nation we’re good drinkers though, we’re just big (binge) drinkers. 

So sprinters rather than marathon runners?
  • I work in a bar near Monument and I can tell you at least 70% of our customers on Thursday/Friday nights are on bugle. 

There is so much cocaine in the city, in banking, recruitment, insurance, finance, marketing and PR, HR, if it has an office near the city it's chocabloc with blow
  • sam3110 said:
    I work in a bar near Monument and I can tell you at least 70% of our customers on Thursday/Friday nights are on bugle. 

There is so much cocaine in the city, in banking, recruitment, insurance, finance, marketing and PR, HR, if it has an office near the city it's chocabloc with blow
    Its not just the city. Go to pretty much any drinking establishment in Bexley borough and there will be people on it. 

From the generation age of 40's and below, its rife.