Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Help - Photos on my TV?

We've got a new TV in the house and for those times we’re not watching anything I really want to just play in the background a slideshow of photos that we’ve got stashed away on the PC.

We take so many photos and they just sit on the PC so I really want to use them.

It’s important that they play in a random order like a shuffle.

I’ve got an LG TV if that helps.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Can you put them on a memory stick and plug it into the TV? 
  • Make sure honeymoon snaps aren't on the stick, guests could be in for a shock
  • Pringle said:
    Can you put them on a memory stick and plug it into the TV? 
    Yep. Would I be able to shuffle them then?
  • I have done this on my Amazon Firebox.  All my images automatically update from my NAS to my unlimited photo storage on Amazon Drive (free unlimited .jpeg files with an Amazon Prime subscription) and you can use your albums for your screensavers or a slideshow, whatever takes your fancy.

We’ve only got Samsung and Sony Smart TVs in our household so can’t help with LG specifics.
  • Can you show photos from an iPhone X direct to a Smart TV (Panasonic). I’ve tried but not getting anywhere. My laptop is knackered so can’t go via iTunes or whatever. 
  • Can you show photos from an iPhone X direct to a Smart TV (Panasonic). I’ve tried but not getting anywhere. My laptop is knackered so can’t go via iTunes or whatever. 

I'm not a tech expert by any means, but I think you might need Apple TV for that.
  • Send em in to Tony Hart, hope he selects em to go in The Gallery, record it and play it. Roberts you dad's brother 
  • You could use a chromecast and beam from any android device 
  • Sponsored links:

• Use double sided tape. 
  • Chromecast is the best for this IMO
  • edited October 2019
    sam3110 said:
    Chromecast is the best for this IMO
    This. You get time, date and weather on the screen too so it's a fantastic screen saver. Link to Google Photos through the Home app, select the albums you want to display as slideshow and boom. Done.
  • Thanks for your suggestions.

After a lot of googling I've found the following works really well...

1. Download all photos to Google Photos.
    2. Download an app called Soloslides to my iPad.
    3. Screen share my iPad with the LG TV and play the Soloslides slideshow.

Google Photos is incredibly annoying in the fact it doesn't have a shuffle option for the slideshow. Soloslides takes the photos from Google Photos and creates this really easily.

Thanks again.

Google Photos is incredibly annoying in the fact it doesn't have a shuffle option for the slideshow. Soloslides takes the photos from Google Photos and creates this really easily.

Thanks again.
    Cheers @Bolderhumphreyreid. I’ll give that a go in the iPhone. 

Thanks again.
    Mine displays photos in a shuffled order? Not sure why yours would differ?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Thanks for your suggestions.

Thanks again.
    Mine displays photos in a shuffled order? Not sure why yours would differ?
    That sounds good.

How do you get it to do that?
  • I'll take a look tonight and let you know the process
  • We've got a new TV in the house and for those times we’re not watching anything I really want to just play in the background a slideshow of photos that we’ve got stashed away on the PC.

We take so many photos and they just sit on the PC so I really want to use them.

It’s important that they play in a random order like a shuffle.

I’ve got an LG TV if that helps.

Thanks in advance.
    I can link up my Apple MacBook to our Sony 4K HDR TV and do what you are wanting to do. It should be straight-forward provided you have a spare HDMI port on your TV and that your laptop also has an HDMI port in order you can link the two. 

Turn on both TV and laptop, then switch the TV to the appropriate HDMI port (on my TV remote I hit "Discover" and the 4 HDMI ports are listed amongst other things and I just select the port number in which I have the cable going from TV to laptop), and then you should see whatever is on your laptop screen on your TV screen. Then on your laptop, go to your photos and then select the appropriate photo folder and turn on screenshow. Whichever software you have for photos on your laptop should either allow you to show the photos in order or in shuffle mode.

Hope this works for you also.