Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Swansea Away - Train Ticket Prices

A thread for the train aficionado’s one here. Was hoping to do Swansea Away (not been before) on New Year’s Day, not sure whether to drive or take the train. Just looked at the ticket prices £87.90 each!! Are they likely to go down in price in a months time, or will they only go up? Thanks for your help!

Comments

• I usually buy train tickets 3 months before journey for best price. 

• A thread for the train aficionado’s one here. Was hoping to do Swansea Away (not been before) on New Year’s Day, not sure whether to drive or take the train. Just looked at the ticket prices £87.90 each!! Are they likely to go down in price in a months time, or will they only go up? Thanks for your help!
    They will come down in price. I think the cheaper fares haven't been released yet so you just get quoted the full standard single fare. 
  • A thread for the train aficionado’s one here. Was hoping to do Swansea Away (not been before) on New Year’s Day, not sure whether to drive or take the train. Just looked at the ticket prices £87.90 each!! Are they likely to go down in price in a months time, or will they only go up? Thanks for your help!
    Yeah best bet look between 12 and 10 weeks before. Clive is the man to listen to though. 
    You should be looking at around £45 return.
  • edited September 2019
    Cheers guys appreciate the advice.

I looked to see if Easyjet flew to Swansea... they don’t!

But I could fly to Barcelona and back for the same price as a train ticket to Swansea at the moment! 
  • It appears that there are engineering works between Bristol & Cardiff on match day with a bus service between Bristol Parkway & Cardiff Central,journey time 4 hours approx between Paddington & Swansea.Advance fares not yet available.