Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How long has Ole Gunnar Solskjaer got ?

Worst Premiership start ever and nil points today against a hardly flying Newcastle United. 12th in the league with 9 points after 8 games. Two points above relegation places. Next game at Old Trafford versus Liverpool. 

Comments

• To be honest if he's such a club legend and cares about them etc he should resign. 

He won't though, big pay off on the way. 
  • Hopefully, longer than he did with Cardiff
  • It's not ALL his fault, sacking him won't change anything.

I have watched the most football I have in ages this week and bit.  Us 3 times, 2 United games and the Chelsea game today.

That United team would struggle to get 4 points out of Leeds, Swansea and Fulham.  I honestly don't remember a time when I thought a Charlton player would make Man United better but on this weeks showing they would take 3 or 4 of ours (well 2 of them aren't ours). 
  • Crazy how a side of their size and stature can have such a poor squad. That lineup today would've struggled to win a championship game, never mind premier league.

Strange how it's gone so badly wrong since he got the job permanently as they were flying when he was caretaker.

Feel OGS has been a bit stitched up though. Yes they addressed their defensive issues in the summer but they badly needed to buy a creative midfielder, they got no one. They loaned out Alexis and sold Lukaku............but got no replacements.
  • I hope he takes them down and Everton go with them, let’s give the Prem a good old shake up.
    Sky will show their games more often than they do with Leeds now, if that is possible.
  • Man Utd board have to question if another Manager would be able to get better results out of that group of players

They also have to work out who is available and who would take over as Manager

If they can come to the correct answer for both those answers then Ole should go

Trouble is who do they bring in?

- Allegri? - Would he go there with them in their current situation
     - Poch? - Spurs arent exactly in a great position at the moment
  • Long as it's not Bowyer don't care. Displays perfectly a tracksuit works better than a suit recruiting players. 
  • Sponsored links:

• A club like Man Utd can’t afford not to be getting into The Champions League. I’m not sure they can afford to take a chance and hope Solskjaer turns it around. Agree the squad looks poor by Utd standards but that’s in part due to OGS himself. How far are they now behind Liverpool and today’s result apart their Man City rivals. They and OGS need a good result v Liverpool but it’s hard to see where they dig it out from. 
  • And overtaking in the "Sacked in the morning stakes" is Olé Gunnar Solskaer, passing Nathan Jones
  • I really don’t care whatsoever about him or Man U but....

I would just like to applaud @ShootersHillGuru for spelling his name correctly ( I think 😬)
  • edited October 2019
    He can’t have long left. Strange that when he had the job on a caretaker basis they performed - since he got the job full time they have been pretty shocking. I don’t think he has done particularly well in the transfer market. 
    They are still struggling from Ferguson going. 
  • edited October 2019
    I look at it this way. Imagine you owned the richest football club in the world where money was no object. If a player became available, would you be interested. Not would you buy them, but would you have a think about it. Then I apply that to the big sides. Both Liverpool and Man City have quite a few you would have a think about in that situation (I won't list them). Arsenal don't have any. Spurs have three, Man Utd have two maybe three. What these three teams have to do is try to get as many as Man City or Liverpool. 

Easier said than done but that is what any manager and owner has to achieve. All three are a long way behind.
  • I bet they go and beat Liverpool. Football is a funny old game. 

A couple more bad results and he will be gone I think.
  • I bet they go and beat Liverpool. Football is a funny old game. 

A couple more bad results and he will be gone I think.
    I know what you mean but I think Liverpool could give them an absolute hiding, 5 or 6-0. 
  • Carter said:
    I think it's hilarious the mess they are in, properly funny especially as all the dicks on facebook and any other form of voice they have are giving it large about not supporting them anymore  Most of these slugs have only seen Manchester on a map 

Good, and I have been genuinely laughing at the old players getting their knickers in a twist about how rudderless they look
    Spot on.

When West Ham beat them recently someone posted on here that it was a shame to see the mess they were in (or something similar). Nonsense. For years their glory hunting fans have given it large and it is now absolutely wonderful to be able to give it back. 

Sad thing is, however, with the financial resources United have at their disposal it will only be a matter of time before they are back to "where we deserve to be" (copyright Moan Utd fans). So enjoy it why we can.

• Sponsored links:

• I am not so sure it will be that quick with a turnaround, they have looked rudderless and that is with some great managers at the helm, for quite some time, Lose De Gea and Pogba and they look bottom half. Maguire and Rashford cannot gel that team on their own.

Shame, gutted for them and all of their “supporters “ (from Surrey - and every other county ....)
  • Anyone seen the interview with De Gea? 

Reminds me of when we rolled out Henderson for the interview. Very similar body language, upset and trying to be honest but not saying everything he could. 

Bet he regrets signing a contract extension, could have had his pick in the summer. 
  • They all bemoan about Man City spending their way to the title but they've spent near enough the same, on utter dross. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    It's not ALL his fault, sacking him won't change anything.

I have watched the most football I have in ages this week and bit.  Us 3 times, 2 United games and the Chelsea game today.

That United team would struggle to get 4 points out of Leeds, Swansea and Fulham.  I honestly don't remember a time when I thought a Charlton player would make Man United better but on this weeks showing they would take 3 or 4 of ours (well 2 of them aren't ours). 
    I said similar having seen United a few times recently.
    I honestly think we'd have a good chance of beating Man U.
  • Sage said:
    Said already but wanna say again because I enjoy it so much. It’s hilarious and their so called ‘supporters’ keep thinking they’re something amazing. When Ferguson left, he left with the weakest squad he probably had in years and years. They’ve just got worse and it’s great to see.

They can keep throwing money at the problem and hoping it works. But everyone else knows how desperate they are so prices will inflate further. Then when they carry on being so poor, any decent players they have left, will almost certainly want to leave. It’s great.

Lose against Liverpool and they’ll be 18 points behind already, and 9 points after 9 games. I’d expect them to finish around 30-40 points behind. No exaggeration.

Leicester will finish above them and make Maguire leaving look stupid.
    That final Fergie squad was ageing but looks pretty good when compared to now! What really stands out is how little Utd were spending in those days when compared to the likes of City, and once Fergie left things behind the scenes got worse and worse. Panic overpriced buys...

De Gea approaching his peak. Vidic and Ferdinand at the back, with Jonny Evans as back up. Carrick, Rooney, Van Persie and Zaha to come in. Plus Ben Amos as one of the reserve keepers!
  • Sage said:
    Said already but wanna say again because I enjoy it so much. It’s hilarious and their so called ‘supporters’ keep thinking they’re something amazing. When Ferguson left, he left with the weakest squad he probably had in years and years. They’ve just got worse and it’s great to see.

They can keep throwing money at the problem and hoping it works. But everyone else knows how desperate they are so prices will inflate further. Then when they carry on being so poor, any decent players they have left, will almost certainly want to leave. It’s great.

Lose against Liverpool and they’ll be 18 points behind already, and 9 points after 9 games. I’d expect them to finish around 30-40 points behind. No exaggeration.

Leicester will finish above them and make Maguire leaving look stupid.
    That final Fergie squad was ageing but looks pretty good when compared to now! What really stands out is how little Utd were spending in those days when compared to the likes of City, and once Fergie left things behind the scenes got worse and worse. Panic overpriced buys...

De Gea approaching his peak. Vidic and Ferdinand at the back, with Jonny Evans as back up. Carrick, Rooney, Van Persie and Zaha to come in. Plus Ben Amos as one of the reserve keepers!
    That’s my point as well. It wasn’t a good squad when he left, not when they had just won the league. But in comparison to now, it’s laughable. They’re a mid table side at best. Take out De Gea when fit and playing well and maybe Maguire, I don’t think there is a single player either Man City or Liverpool would even want in their squad when they have everyone fit.

Either way, long may it continue.