Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Coach to West Brom

Has this game been moved forward ???
As on valley away it states coaches to arrive approx 1 hour before k/o
Yet lists larkfied as 7.25 pick up that's over 7 and a half hours before k/o ??
Not used the away coaches for quite a few years now 
Think the last time was to tranmere and dont remember it that being that early
Looked it up and the trip is under 3 hours from charlton

Comments

• edited September 2019

It doesn't help taking 2 hours to get to Charlton !
    If it was a decent option I'd board at Charlton.
    It'll also save you an hour on the way home as well.
  •  The Larkfield coach to WBA ;)
  • Has this game been moved forward ???

Unless you have mobilty problems I fail to see why people want to add 3 hours each way to their journey.

Can any of the Larkfield pick ups answer this?

It doesn't help taking 2 hours to get to Charlton !
    If it was a decent option I'd board at Charlton.
    It'll also save you an hour on the way home as well.
    What you want to say is.....why?

Coach why?
    1hr 20 mins from Euston to Birmingham £11.50
    @cabbles explain why youd get the coach to this game
  • edited September 2019

As no one seems to have answered your question........

The coach from Larkfield picks  up supporters from various other points before heading North. Someone might be able to tell you more accurately but I think the next stops are.....

Dartford 
    Bexleyheath
    Eltham 
    Bromley
    Charlton 

It's a bit of a joke because it goes round the houss for 2 hours before heading off to the game. Hence why it starts ludicrously early. 

HTH.

• Gravesend before Dartford.

Unless you have mobilty problems I fail to see why people want to add 3 hours each way to their journey.

1 Getting on a bit & it's easier.
    2 Mobility issues.
    3 It's usually cheaper.
    4 You're used to it and have made friends you like travelling with.
    5 You're not into drinking & prefer motorway service stations.
    6 your  glutton for punishment
  • Sponsored links:

2 Mobility issues.
    3 It's usually cheaper.
    Would you agree that the collection points should be changed?

Would you agree that Larkfield to final destination point takes too long?

As no one seems to have answered your question........

The coach from Larkfield picks  up supporters from various other points before heading North. Someone might be able to tell you more accurately but I think the next stops are.....

Dartford 
    Bexleyheath
    Eltham 
    Bromley
    Charlton 

It's a bit of a joke because it goes round the houss for 2 hours before heading off to the game. Hence why it starts ludicrously early. 

HTH.

100%

2 Mobility issues.
    3 It's usually cheaper.

I think we'd nearly all agree that there should be 2 different routes, so that the coach doesn't have to go from Eltham to Bromley and back to Charlton.
  • edited September 2019

2 Mobility issues.
    3 It's usually cheaper.

I think we'd nearly all agree that there should be 2 different routes, so that the coach doesn't have to go from Eltham to Bromley and back to Charlton.
    Indeed (although it’s Bexleyheath to Bromley and then back to Eltham and Charlton) but the club insists on planning for one coach only - it even did so for Wembley. There have been games when that was reasonable - but midweek, in L1 and up north. For a Saturday in the Championship to go to the Midlands it’s completely bonkers.

Dartford to Bexleyheath to Bromley to Eltham to Charlton to go west to Bristol (presumably via Bexleyheath and Dartford again) is even more convoluted.

2 Mobility issues.
    3 It's usually cheaper.

Indeed (although it’s Bexleyheath to Bromley and then back to Eltham and Charlton) but the club insists on planning for one coach only - it even did so for Wembley. There have been games when that was reasonable - but midweek, in L1 and up north. For a Saturday in the Championship to go to the Midlands it’s completely bonkers.

Dartford to Bexleyheath to Bromley to Eltham to Charlton to go west to Bristol (presumably via Bexleyheath and Dartford again) is even more convoluted.
    And then on it's way home it will go via the M25 south route and drop off at Bromley etc first so about 45 mins to an hour extra before it finally returns to Charlton which dilutes the benefit of getting on the coach at Charlton avoiding the earlier unnecessary merry go round.
  • Even allowing for the trains being cheap, WBA ought to attract a minimum of three or four coachloads. You could easily run a Charlton only coach and probably a Bexleyheath only one too, although I assume the madness has cut demand.
  • Even allowing for the trains being cheap, WBA ought to attract a minimum of three or four coachloads. You could easily run a Charlton only coach and probably a Bexleyheath only one too, although I assume the madness has cut demand.
    As Tommy Steele sung; 🎼Fings ain't what they used to be!🎼
    That would be too easy to organise.
  • cabbles said:
    clb74 said:

Coach why?
    Sorry mate, only just seen this.  7.25am is cutting it a bit fine for me, I'd have it pushed forward to 5.30am to be on the safe side.  You once again confuse practicality for the overall essence of what the DJ coach is about.  How many times must I tell you all, it's not about getting to the ground at a suitable time or leaving an appropriate amount of hours to complete the journey in, it's about succumbing to slow death that takes hold of you over a lengthy period of years.  Early starts, no alcohol, musings of irrelevance and overpriced service station food and drink.  

Many are called, few are chosen 
    Do you know how many get on at Larkfield normally?
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:
    clb74 said:

Coach why?
    Sorry mate, only just seen this.  7.25am is cutting it a bit fine for me, I'd have it pushed forward to 5.30am to be on the safe side.  You once again confuse practicality for the overall essence of what the DJ coach is about.  How many times must I tell you all, it's not about getting to the ground at a suitable time or leaving an appropriate amount of hours to complete the journey in, it's about succumbing to slow death that takes hold of you over a lengthy period of years.  Early starts, no alcohol, musings of irrelevance and overpriced service station food and drink.  

Yes, John from Larkfield, the coach steward 

don’t know his surname, it’s not important.  I like to think of him as a knight’s Templar of sorts 
  • edited October 2019
    Is John still doing it? He used to run it when I was a kid in the pre prem/early prem days and when you’d have several coaches starting in Maidstone before hitting Larkfield.
  • cabbles said:
    cabbles said:
    clb74 said:

Coach why?

Yes, John from Larkfield, the coach steward 

don’t know his surname, it’s not important.  I like to think of him as a knight’s Templar of sorts 
    Thank you.
  • Is booze still banned on coaches travelling to football matches?
    Always has been and probably always Will be.
    Never stopped me though. 
    Just take a bottle of coke on the coach. 
    No one ever checked the contents. 
    Plus just sit quietly and don't act like a knob.
    Easy Peasy. 

Can I drink alcohol on the coach?

The Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc), Act, 1985, specifically prohibits the carrying or consuming of alcohol on coaches travelling to or from designated sporting events, which includes all senior football matches. Not only would you be at risk of arrest, but police have the authority to turn the coaches around, causing all passengers to miss the game. We do not make the law but we have to enforce it, so please do not blame the steward or the club. If you are unhappy with this, please contact your MP. 

https://www.cafc.co.uk/tickets/home-game-travel/away-game-travel

Always has been and probably always Will be.
    Never stopped me though. 
    Just take a bottle of coke on the coach. 
    No one ever checked the contents. 
    Plus just sit quietly and don't act like a knob.
    Easy Peasy. 
    2ltr one I hope Rambo.