Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Legends You've Chatted To

Prompted by @Dave2l on the never seen Star Wars thread.  By 'chatted' I mean a little more than saying hello, congratulating them on a performance or asking for an autograph/selfie - or shouting 'do some work you lazy muppet' if Rhys Williams is your idea of a legend.

Not many for me: Chris Powell, Colin Powell, Derek Hales, Keith Peacock, Matt Holland, Derek Ufton, 

Comments

• Off the top of my head, Derek Ufton, Eddie Firmani, Mike Bailey, Theo Foley, Killer, Colin Powell, Keith Peacock, Dennis Booth, Ray Tumbridge, Curbs, Chris Powell, Bob Bolder, Colin Walsh, Mark Penfold, Scott Parker, Chris Solly, Jacko, Clive Mendonca, Mark Kinsella, Yann Kermorgant, Cedric Evina, Scott Wagstaff, Danny Hiollands, Lawrie Wilson, Ben Amos, Josh Maginnis, Nabby Sarr and Dillon Phillips.
  • Keith Peacock-a few times he is everywhere haha

Chris Solly, Chris Powell, Scott Wagstaff-Sollys Q&A

Joe Gomez, Yoni Buyens, Tony Watt, Guy Luzon, JBG-14/15 Sponsors Dinner

Luke Young Jon Fortune-Under 21 game at Sparrows Lane

Rob Lee, Paul Mortimer and Carl Leaburn- upbeats walk
  • Alan Pardew 
  • edited September 2019
    Pringle said:
    Alan Pardew 
    Image result for Alan Pardew dance gif

What? Not Martin Pringle!  :open_mouth:
  • Eddie Youds. O’Neils Blackheath. 
  • Just Bob Bolder for me, while on the bike ride to Amsterdam. He wanted to know why our JJ was named after Jonatan Johansson, but a lovely man.
    Seen several on the Upbeats walk, but they steer clear of me and I get the legend that is @DaveMehmet for company. ;)
  • RedChaser said:
    Pringle said:
    Alan Pardew 

I saw him and Svensson on the piss in Leicester Square once, after a home game, but bottled approaching them. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Gary Nelson at a work conference back in May, top fella 
  • Had a really long chat with Simon Webster in the millennium lounge after a game last season (can’t remember which game). Terrific bloke, very knowledgeable and humble. He was with his wife and son who were equally friendly and engaging.  
  • Pringle said:
    RedChaser said:
    Pringle said:
    Alan Pardew 

I saw him and Svensson on the piss in Leicester Square once, after a home game, but so I bottled approaching them. 

• edited September 2019
    Chizz said:
    Pringle said:
    RedChaser said:
    Pringle said:
    Alan Pardew 

I saw him and Svensson on the piss in Leicester Square once, after a home game, but so I bottled approaching them. 

Wasn't Pringle in the Sweedish equivalent of our SAS? Good luck with that act of aggression  ;).
  • T_C_E said:
    Just Bob Bolder for me, while on the bike ride to Amsterdam. He wanted to know why our JJ was named after Jonatan Johansson, but a lovely man.
    Seen several on the Upbeats walk, but they steer clear of me and I get the legend that is @DaveMehmet for company. ;)
    Edit: I forgot about Garry Nelson and his lovely wife who gave everyone a congratulatory hug after the completion of the ride. 
  • Loads over the years but one of the best was George Green, who played in the late 30’s. He lived next door to my mate with his wife Connie in Eltham and chatted to him a few times. 
  • Curb it, Tavern, Badger and Mr and Mrs Leaburn. 
  • RedChaser said:
    Off the top of my head, Derek Ufton, Eddie Firmani, Mike Bailey, Theo Foley, Killer, Colin Powell, Keith Peacock, Dennis Booth, Ray Tumbridge, Curbs, Chris Powell, Bob Bolder, Colin Walsh, Mark Penfold, Scott Parker, Chris Solly, Jacko, Clive Mendonca, Mark Kinsella, Yann Kermorgant, Cedric Evina, Scott Wagstaff, Danny Hiollands, Lawrie Wilson, Ben Amos, Josh Maginnis, Nabby Sarr and Dillon Phillips.
    No surprise here, as you pounce on people to introduce yourself in toilets.................
  • edited September 2019
    Karel Fraeye at Colchester FA Cup game.

In the press area with Scott Minto after the Valencia away pre-season game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Karel Fraeye at Colchester FA Cup game.

You don't happen to drive a laundry van do you?
  • Stig said:
    Karel Fraeye at Colchester FA Cup game.

You don't happen to drive a laundry van do you?
    I didn't think Dinky toys made one did they?  ;)
  • edited September 2019
    RedChaser said:
    Off the top of my head, Derek Ufton, Eddie Firmani, Mike Bailey, Theo Foley, Killer, Colin Powell, Keith Peacock, Dennis Booth, Ray Tumbridge, Curbs, Chris Powell, Bob Bolder, Colin Walsh, Mark Penfold, Scott Parker, Chris Solly, Jacko, Clive Mendonca, Mark Kinsella, Yann Kermorgant, Cedric Evina, Scott Wagstaff, Danny Hiollands, Lawrie Wilson, Ben Amos, Josh Maginnis, Nabby Sarr and Dillon Phillips.
    No surprise here, as you pounce on people to introduce yourself in toilets.................
    Made you jump didn't it  :smiley:

Edit: And just to clarify folks it was at the washbasins.
  • Derek Hales at Carlisle station 1981. This was after the first of many promotions up there, Killer was on top form, pleading innocence for his red card the week before at Fulham and saying he wasn’t sure of his future “ Cause I fart a lot in training”. Total legend.
  • Swisdom said:
    Have played golf over the years with ;
    Dillon Phillips - lovely chap
    tony watt - batshit mental
    Scott Minto a few times - as nice as you would imagine
    Theo Foley - lovely bloke
    Paul Walsh - utter bellend
    derek hales - legend. Great golfer too
    Doc (physio) - really open and honest
    Matt Taylor - unbelievably humble and down to Earth. 
    Sasa Ilic - recent golfer and very open and chatty
    Lyle Taylor - nice guy and chatty. 
    Phil Chapple - encyclopaedia of football in that mans head

I like the fact that they are either really nice, top bloke chatty...or the opposite being, batshit mental or a twat 🙂
  • I'm still trying to think of any current or ex Charlton that I've spoken to or engaged in conversation with.

Don't think there is any at all. I know a lot of friends/people that have done though. Just sort of branches off.

Spoke to Steve brown on twitter a few times...oh, and Chris Perry.

My mate told me about an evening he spent with bowyer and Jackson roughly a year ago.

Won't say anymore, but it sounds good and funny. Charlton legends 
  • Bob Bolder - used to work with him at the school I work at. Also bumped into him in the summer.

Theo Foley, Charlie Wright, Derek Hales, Chris Solly, Jon Fortune, Garry Nelson - during Supporter Meetings / Q&A (I've also chatted to quite a few other ex-Charlton players at these events but I wouldn't call them legends)

John Bumstead - chatted to him as a kid when he opened our school fete.

Kevin Nolan - not a player / manager I know but still a legend. He is a childhood friend of my grandad and so have met him a number of times along with Hazel, his wife.