Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New crowd flag for the Valley in production

edited September 2019 in General Charlton

Comments

• Being made?
    Been made?
    Just an idea?
  • edited September 2019
    "in production"

Now added tweets and edited title.
  • what size is the flag?
  • Not trying to be pedantic here but shouldn’t it read 100 Years AT The Valley?
    Whilst not exactly accurate as we did move to The Mount for one season and then Smellhurst and Wet Spam for a while too.
    Not a vital matter but I just thought it reads slightly better?
    Great design by the way.....and well done one and all.
  • what size is the flag?

36ft X 24ft
  • what size is the flag?
    36 ft x 24 ft
  • edited September 2019
    Will be redundant next season........unless one is made with "101 years". ad infinitum. 

• Sponsored links:

• Will be redundant next season........unless one is made with "101 years". ad infinitum. 

We still would have been there 100 years ...
  • shine166 said:
    Will be redundant next season........unless one is made with "101 years". ad infinitum. 

We still would have been there 100 years ...
    Or we could reintroduce in 2027 when it'll have been 100 years at The Valley.
  • I'm still (reluctantly)boycotting so I guess this won't affect me too much. But are we now sending a signal that all is OK at the club? I get the support the team not the regime etc, and obviously there have been positive changes over the past year and a bit, but this looks to me like we are forgetting the protests, boycotts and sacrifices people have made by sending a signal that all is now we'll.
    Just waiting for the team go on a losing streak when the voice against the current owner will be Heard. 

Roland Out!
  • edited September 2019
    Not trying to be pedantic here but shouldn’t it read 100 Years AT The Valley?
    Whilst not exactly accurate as we did move to The Mount for one season and then Smellhurst and Wet Spam for a while too.
    Not a vital matter but I just thought it reads slightly better?
    Great design by the way.....and well done one and all.
     No, because as you just explained we haven't been AT the Valley for 100 years.

So pedants would say that's wrong and they'd be right even if it does read better.
    Are we getting pedants made as well ?
    Hope they are triangular :)
    Isosceles, obtuse or equilateral, please be more specific!
  • I'm still (reluctantly)boycotting so I guess this won't affect me too much. But are we now sending a signal that all is OK at the club? I get the support the team not the regime etc, and obviously there have been positive changes over the past year and a bit, but this looks to me like we are forgetting the protests, boycotts and sacrifices people have made by sending a signal that all is now we'll.
    Who is "we"?

• The fans in general.
  • Any news on the gates?
  • edited September 2019
    Ross said:
    Any news on the gates?
    Overstated by about 3000
  • Sponsored links:

• Trying my best to persuade the missus to see if we can get one of those flags, and turn it into a duvet, she’s none too keen.
  • While I understand it’s easy to be cynical, sometimes I’m guilty of it myself when all is going well I’m expecting the rug to be pulled from under our feet. We have to remember there have always been some good people working at Charlton and sometimes that good is allowed to shine through and while this time it’s sharing the costs of a few hundred quid with a supporter for a flag, it’s had to be authorised by someone. If Katie had still been here I doubt it would have happened, our tone wouldn’t have the authority after running up the phone bill with all those calls to se9. Surely Steve Gallen hasn’t even been given the spare key to the petty cash tin yet so who is making these decisions? Either way, communication between the club and the fan base is showing signs of improving and in my opinion that should be applauded. Very early days but maybe the “Bowyer magic” is starting to work throughout the club as well as on the pitch. 
    Don't worry, it has 'Roland Out' on the back.
  • What stand will it be passed across, upper covered end?
  • The fans in general.
     Can't speak for "the fans in general" but personally, no I haven't forgotten or forgiven.

It's a flag.
  • Ross said:
    Any news on the gates?
    Not heard anything but I'm not on the centenary committee (which has no Belgium involvement).
  • The fans in general.
     Can't speak for "the fans in general" but personally, no I haven't forgotten or forgiven.

It's a flag.
    I get it, but I was questioning what it represents. You have given your opinion and I hope plenty of others share it.
  • Croydon said:
    What stand will it be passed across, upper covered end?
    Don't know the answer to that.
  • IIRC the old one used to regularly take the lower route, only occasionally venturing on to the high road.
  • Stig said:
    IIRC the old one used to regularly take the lower route, only occasionally venturing on to the high road.
    So the Hales flag's in Scotland afore ye?  ;)