Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Vincent Kompany Testimonial

As the game is live on Sky Sports tonight and no other football is on I thought why not have a thread.

Its supposed to be Man City Legends v Premier League All Stars, but the Premier League All Stars is just ex United players with Given, Van Der Vaart, Fabregas and Henry added in for good measure

Comments

• Kompany himself is injured and wont play
  • My lad has gone there tonight. I asked why and he said so he can say he saw Thierry Henry in the flesh
  • It appears that list may be wrong as the programme is showing slightly different and better players in defence anyway.

• Benjani - he can't have played more than 30 games for City in total. Micah Richards has just retired at the age of 31, having not played for some years for the final 3 years of his contract at Villa.

And why Balotelli? I bet he's thinking the same thing.
  • I hope the money raised is going to a good cause and not to Kompany .. he must be a multi millionaire already .. even though I know there is never a 'thing' as rich enough
  • I hope the money raised is going to a good cause and not to Kompany .. he must be a multi millionaire already .. even though I know there is never a 'thing' as rich enough
    All proceeds go to a charity for the homeless in Manchester, I think the charity was actually set up by Kompany
  • How could you possibly watch this when Biggleswade Town are playing St Neots in a FA cup replay tonight - get down to Langford Rd 😂  Come on The Waders !! 
  • With Pep as manager for City legends he can take Augero and David Silva off whenever he wants ready for the weekend haha
  • Sponsored links:

• Henry not playing for some reason
  • Looks a good crowd
  • No Nicky Weaver in the City Legends team? 
  • edited September 2019
    City sub keeper is now Richard Wright

Who played a total of 0 games for City in 4 years
  • Martin Petrov 1-0 City
  • Robbie Keane made it 1-1 moments after a great save by Joe Hart

Silva lasted 21 minutes
    Aguero lasted 27 minutes

Gary Neville went off with a hamstring injury about 5 minutes ago
  • City sub keeper is now Richard Wright

Four years.  Never conceded a goal.  Legend.  
  • edited September 2019
    Chizz said:
    City sub keeper is now Richard Wright

Four years.  Never conceded a goal.  Legend.  
    He came on at HT 2 minutes into his debut Van Persie scored
  • Legends started an Neville and Carragher at the back and city with Ageuro and Silva up front - haha

Carrick is a rolls Royce player...and he did the great north run Sunday in an hour and a half!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Finished 2-2 Benjani 88th minute goal
  • Hope it was a roaring success for a very worthy cause.....as well as for a very worthy and much liked individual.