Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Museum Poll

13»

Comments

• D. Reason: boycotting until there is a change of management. 
  • Haven’t managed to go, would love to go. Agree with Forever Addickted response from the beginning. If there’s a chance for me to make it one time, I would definitely go 
    Not sure I understand.

The museum is independent of the club @Exiled_Addick
  • Is it just inconvenient to open it nearer kick off for the staff or are there other reasons ?? 
  • I live in France and haven’t made it yet due to the opening times.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Is it just inconvenient to open it nearer kick off for the staff or are there other reasons ?? 
    The museum is in the Covered End. Once the turnstiles are open we have to close for security reasons.  We'd happily stay open closer to kick off but can't because of the location. Great space, poor access.
  • Not enough Jimmy Seed memorabilia!
  • I see there are currently 12 votes saying they aren’t interested.
    How absolutely weird......assuming  you are all Addicks, how could you possibly not be interested in the history of the club you support......it’s just unbelievable?
    Very strange and I am of the firm opinion that there is a bit of ridiculous personal point scoring stuff going on from within some of those votes......a few of you need to grow up.
    Not sure I understand.

The museum is independent of the club @Exiled_Addick
    Was intended as a joke. Obviously missed it’s mark. 
  • Sponsored links:

How absolutely weird......assuming  you are all Addicks, how could you possibly not be interested in the history of the club you support......it’s just unbelievable?
    Very strange and I am of the firm opinion that there is a bit of ridiculous personal point scoring stuff going on from within some of those votes......a few of you need to grow up.
    I don't see it like that.

Not everyone is interested in museums or history.

It's only 5% which means 95% are interested in someway.  That's a pretty high number.

It's an anonymous poll. Not really bothered if some of it is personal point scoring, that's not really our concern, even if it is true.

We wanted to know why people weren't coming and now we have some more information to build on and use when applying for funding and in other ways.

Thanks to everyone who responded.
    I agree entirely that it’s a worthwhile exercise and will have helped a great deal in moving forward.
    Sorry if I introduced an opinion that was perhaps a bit out of kilter with the spirit of the thread....I now regret having mentioned it, but someone who is an Addick saying they aren’t interested in the museum is for me a bizarre notion to accept.
  • Maybe it's the younger ones that don't have an interest in the history but as they get older I'm sure they will. Bowyer is making history now that we will look back on and cherish.
  • Well worth a visit for every Charlton fan, and those who are not I would say. The only drawback is that it is very hard to leave without spending money, well, it is for me anyway.
    I don't see it like that.

Not everyone is interested in museums or history.

It's only 5% which means 95% are interested in someway.  That's a pretty high number.

It's an anonymous poll. Not really bothered if some of it is personal point scoring, that's not really our concern, even if it is true.

We wanted to know why people weren't coming and now we have some more information to build on and use when applying for funding and in other ways.

Thanks to everyone who responded.
    I agree entirely that it’s a worthwhile exercise and will have helped a great deal in moving forward.
    Sorry if I introduced an opinion that was perhaps a bit out of kilter with the spirit of the thread....I now regret having mentioned it, but someone who is an Addick saying they aren’t interested in the museum is for me a bizarre notion to accept.
    Might have been Katrien....
  • Went there before the play off final to grab a shirt off @charltonnick . Got some Roland out badges there too.

I was startled at how much memorabilia there is in the museum, all the 1998 stuff really brought back some memories for me.

I was there on my lunch break unfortunately so was in and out but would love to go back and take my Dad there. He can't even be arsed to get out of his chair to watch a game down the Valley so not sure how much luck I'd have getting him to the museum lol
  • so at 250 votes which is a significant number

32% have visited of whom 96.25% enjoyed their visit and 3.75% thought "Meh".   There were lots of positive comments from those who have visited.  

Of the 68% who haven't visited 91% would like to and 9% aren't really interested.

Most common reason given for not attending was the inconvenience of the opening hours with living a long way from the other being the other main reason.  

Thanks again for your votes and comments.  It's given us a lot of ideas and food for thought.
  • LoOkOuT said:
    C — Only because it's 3452 miles away.

Ditto. But determined to make the effort next time I'm in the vicinity and it's open. 

• so at 250 votes which is a significant number

32% have visited of whom 96.25% enjoyed their visit and 3.75% thought "Meh".   There were lots of positive comments from those who have visited.  

Of the 68% who haven't visited 91% would like to and 9% aren't really interested.

Most common reason given for not attending was the inconvenience of the opening hours with living a long way from the other being the other main reason.  

Thanks again for your votes and comments.  It's given us a lot of ideas and food for thought.
    @Henry Irving :   For me, and maybe others, the two principle reasons you quote for C are linked.

I no longer live in south east England, and also do not have relatives in the area who I regularly visit.  This means I am not likely to be around when the Museum is open on a Friday.

If I were attending matches, it would involve a very early start to get there for the pre-match Saturday opening, followed by kicking my heels for longer than I would wish before the match starts. 

Certainly during April - September, when it does not get dark early, I would find it more convenient to visit the Museum if it opened straight after the match, and there may be others of that mind, especially those with children.
  • Post match opening is an option were looking. 
    It faces some of the same access issues as pre- game but we're trying to work round them.
  • LoOkOuT said:
    C — Only because it's 3452 miles away.
    This............... but only 3240 miles for me.