Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Museum open this Friday 6 September

Meet @charltonnick between 11.30 and 2.30.

See both play-off trophies, six FA cup final medals, the biggest public Charlton shirt collection and much more and it's all free (donations welcome)

Entrance by the East Stand turnstiles.

Comments

• Opening time is 11.00-14.00
  • First visit for me today, definitely recommend it, well done to all involved.
  • Got to be a market for reproducing those double hats. 
    Would love a Charlton Rangers one.
  • cafc375 said:
    First visit for me today, definitely recommend it, well done to all involved.
    Glad you enjoyed your visit.

Always good to have new visitors.
  • My old mate John, landlord from the Herbert pub was telling me how much he enjoyed his visit first thing this morning. He was showing me tonight the pic of him with the cup. Thanks Nick as assume you took it. He’s coming back next month with his glasses this time! 
  • Meet @charltonnick between 11.30 and 2.30.

See both play-off trophies, six FA cup final medals, the biggest public Charlton shirt collection and much more and it's all free (donations welcome)

Is that a Charlton Brazil hat there? Always used to make me laugh when I saw those. And weren't there Charlton Dundee ones as well for some reason?
  • aliwibble said:
    Meet @charltonnick between 11.30 and 2.30.

Is that a Charlton Brazil hat there? Always used to make me laugh when I saw those. And weren't there Charlton Dundee ones as well for some reason?
    Yes Brazil wanted to be linked to us.

We've heard about Dundee/ Charlton hats and others but not seen them.

Hint hint
  • Curb_It said:
    My old mate John, landlord from the Herbert pub was telling me how much he enjoyed his visit first thing this morning. He was showing me tonight the pic of him with the cup. Thanks Nick as assume you took it. He’s coming back next month with his glasses this time! 
    When people visit they are impressed, we just need to find ways to get more people in.
  • Sponsored links:

• You can’t
  • 1 vote for you can’t, 1 vote for you can.

It’s neck and neck
  • You can’t
    We can if we think positively and just believe in Charlton Life.

Alternatively could @admin run a poll with four options @cabbles @AFKABartram

A I've visited the museum and enjoyed it.

B I've visited the museum and didn't enjoy it.

C I've not visited the museum but would like to.

D I've not visited the museum and have no interest in doing so.

If you answered C.  Why haven't you been able to visit.
  • For what it is worth my answer would be C and the reason is that the museum is open at times when I either cannot or it is difficult for me to get there living some distance from the ground.

I appreciate it is run by volunteers and that there are probably Health and Safety regulations or equivalent that mean it has to close two hours before kick off  on match days but the question has been asked and I have given an honest answer to it.
  • edited September 2019
    Honest answer which is appreciated and understood.
  • edited September 2019
    I’ll run a proper poll later HI
  • edited September 2019
    @Henry Irving 

I've always thought that you'd get waaaay more people in if you could open post match, rather than pre match

It's a truly a wonderful place for Addicks to visit 
  • Sponsored links:

• That maybe worth considering , we have to close at 1pm at present once the turnstiles open
  • @Henry Irving 

I've always thought that you'd get waaaay more people in if you could open post match, rather than pre match

It's a truly a wonderful place for Addicks to visit 
    I'll second that. Thoroughly enjoyed my visit, even got my hands on the Play-Off trophy.