Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Big fan zone planned for Greenwich Park for 2020 Euros

Big fan zone planned in front of Queen House, capacity up to 30,000

Comments

• I mean the covered in beer thing doesn’t appeal to me, but last summer was pure class and if we can go one further this time and win it, they’ll be great places to be in. Everyone was buzzing and I would love to see it again, try and get some of the feeling we had in 2012 with the Olympics 

• Do you know what I think will be a funny original idea. If when England score everyone jumps up and down like lunatics and tries to throw their pints of drink as far as possible. That will look good on the highlight packages on the news later in the day.
    they should give everyone glasses rather than plastic cups (they should still throw them around after goals)
    Scruffy Murphys Bromley high street as we went out on penalties to Argentina in 98 employed this policy for 5 minutes after the missed kick 
  • Do you know what I think will be a funny original idea. If when England score everyone jumps up and down like lunatics and tries to throw their pints of drink as far as possible. That will look good on the highlight packages on the news later in the day.
    they should give everyone glasses rather than plastic cups (they should still throw them around after goals)
    I was going to ask if that what happens with Scotland games - then I realised they don’t score goals.  ;)
    we certainly wouldn't waste booze !
  • Big fan zone planned in front of Queen House, capacity up to 30,000
    Only open for England games I believe. Priority for local residents although not sure what this will mean.
  • Well I am a local resident, so can't wait for all that noise, drunkedness, packed people, and football hooligans :)
  • Sponsored links:

Only open for England games I believe. Priority for local residents although not sure what this will mean.

Local residents will get priority (and it won't be open for other country's games)
    Bit of a trek from Leeds though
    I reckon at £7 a pint and a 3 hour bar queue, people might be a bit more careful next year.
    I reckon at £7 a pint and a 3 hour bar queue, people might be a bit more careful next year.
    That's not too far off of half time bars at most grounds and the problem still persists. Perhaps if they served lager that didn't taste like weasel urine they could be on to a winner?

I'm pretty certain there are some folk who buy pints just to chuck. #Ladz
    Well here's one local resident who'd rather stick pins in their eyes than attend a rain fest of beer while watching a tv screen
    That's not too far off of half time bars at most grounds and the problem still persists. Perhaps if they served lager that didn't taste like weasel urine they could be on to a winner?

I'm pretty certain there are some folk who buy pints just to chuck. #Ladz
    Fucking crazy at those prices. Why not cut out the middle man & take an empty glass with them & drink loads of water before they go

In a pub in Catford for Euro 96 against Scotland, Seaman saves McAlister’s penalty people started chucking beer about, a minute later Gascoigne scores and the now empty pint glasses are thrown about, bouncing off the ceiling and walls, pictures are ripped off the wall and frisbeed around the room – it looked like a warzone.  I was glad England didn’t score a third as I imagine the only way to up the ante would have been to burn the pub down.

• milo said:
    Do you know what I think will be a funny original idea. If when England score everyone jumps up and down like lunatics and tries to throw their pints of drink as far as possible. That will look good on the highlight packages on the news later in the day.

In a pub in Catford for Euro 96 against Scotland, Seaman saves McAlister’s penalty people started chucking beer about, a minute later Gascoigne scores and the now empty pint glasses are thrown about, bouncing off the ceiling and walls, pictures are ripped off the wall and frisbeed around the room – it looked like a warzone.  I was glad England didn’t score a third as I imagine the only way to up the ante would have been to burn the pub down.

Did you go back there for the Holland game?
  • I’d rather chew my own feet than attend that.
  • I would rather chew Shooters Hill Gurus feet than attend that.
  • I dont think it's for the likes of us SHG.  20 years younger (okay perhaps 30) and i'd be well up for it but sadly those days are gone.