Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RIP Antoine Hubert

I made a post in the Hamilton thread about a formula 2 crash but it seems the driver involved unfortunately didn't survive.
FIA statement here: https://www.fia.com/news/statement-incident-during-fia-formula-2-sprint-race-spa-francorchamps

A sad reminder that motorsport is still dangerous even with the advent of modern safety technology.
Thoughts and prayers go to the families.

Comments

• RIP!!... Not surprised in the slightest, would have been a bloody miracle had he walked away from that one!!
  • RIP!! As @ForeverAddickted said would’ve been a miracle if he’d walked away. Hopefully Correa pulls through 🤞
  • Out of curiousity which one was Hubert?

I presume he was the one who had the first crash so was the one hit by the second driver?
  • Hubert was in the pink car. So yes he was hit after his initial crash. 
  • Out of curiousity which one was Hubert?

I presume he was the one who had the first crash so was the one hit by the second driver?
    Yes, Hubert was the one that hit the wall then was subsequently hit in the side.
    The other one in hospital is the one which ended up upside down I believe.
  • edited August 2019
    LTKapal said:
    Out of curiousity which one was Hubert?

Yes, Hubert was the one that hit the wall then was subsequently hit in the side.
    Thats the way i see it too.
    absolutely horrific crash.

It seems that he has come up from Eau Rouge, lost control,then hit the barrier on the left , bouncing across the track into barrier on right straight in front of oncoming traffic.
  • LTKapal said:
    Out of curiousity which one was Hubert?

Thats the way i see it too.
    absolutely horrific crash.

It seems that he has come up from Eau Rouge, lost control,then hit the barrier on the left , bouncing across the track into barrier on right straight in front of oncoming traffic.
    I'm on my phone so I can't post it yet but there's a longer replay that shows the buildup.
    A car 2 places in front of him starts spinning near the top of eau rogue, can't see what happens after that but I presume the car spins out and he's been clipped as he crests eau rogue and sent into the wall which ultimately led to his tragic accident. 
  • So sad. RIP. 
  • awful crash RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Young and talented. RIP.
  • Posted this in the Hamilton thread 

Antoine was in the same racing driver academy as my 11 year old son Jacob and was literally tutoring him on the simulator 2 weeks or so ago.

We are utterly devastated and Jacob is crestfallen. Rest in peace Antoine - our heart goes out to your family. He was a genuinely funny and lovely guy and the kids loved him. He didn’t act like a driver on the verge of F1 - he larked about with Jacob like anyone else would 

utterly fucked me up and don’t know if I want my boy to race anymore tbh
  • This highlights what happened. So, Hubert was taking evasive action from Alesi, and just hit the right hand side wall. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJZ4SMShrJM