Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Crimbo ?

edited December 2008 in Not Sports Related
Sorted ?

all presents brought, food mainly sorted, decs up Saturday. spent a packet and a half.

walking through Bluewater yesterday hearing the crimbo tunes im sure there was a more than a few strange looks from peeps as i found myself part joining in.

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Sorted ?

all presents brought, food mainly sorted, decs up Saturday. spent a packet and a half.

walking through Bluewater yesterday hearing the crimbo tunes im sure there was a more than a few strange looks from peeps as i found myself part joining in.

Much to my girlfriend's disgust i was feeling a bit bah humbug about it all until Saturday when we got our Christmas tree.
    Now I'm right in the spirit of things.

I can't wait now, got 16 of us on the day, it's the first time for 6 years that myself, my sister and all my cousins are in the country for Christmas.
    It means so much to my Nan and Grandad I can't wait to see they're faces on the day.
  • Dan id have 2 hire a hall if my cousins turned up there are 50 ! and that dont include their kids.
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Dan id have 2 hire a hall if my cousins turned up there are 50 ! and that dont include their kids.

Christ!

Yeah this is just my Grandparent's Grandchildren, so 4 of us.
  • Got my boy xmas eve taking him to ruxley mannor to meet the big man so should be nice,my folk xmas day so about 8 that day, then mrs' boxing day 18 there having at there gaff. New years eve party at our house (baby permitting)

work do was last night so feeling like shite today. but well christmasy now, this time next week will be hassling me ma for a sneak taste of the turkey..
  • All done, barring my boys and stepfathers presents (this weekend)

I finish work next Monday 22nd, not back until Monday 29th, kids to me Xmas day mid morning until the Sunday night.

Looking forward to going out early xmas eve to Gravesend for fresh veg etc, then a big session in the local Legion club xmas eve night.

New Years Eve party at In-laws in Bickley and staying over.
  • Going to Locale for Xmas day lunch - lovely.. no stress of washing up.
  • Really don't see what the fuss is all about, hate Christmas, most of my family don't speak to each other & when they do it's only to argue. Crap Holiday roll on Boxing day then it's over for another year.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Really don't see what the fuss is all about, hate Christmas,

1951-xmas-humbug-scrooge.jpg

;-)
  • Last main present arrived in the post yesterday, so all I need to do now is pop to Woolies at the weekend (assuming it's still open) to get some nicknacks as stocking fillers for my sister's kids.

I'm working up til 6pm on Christmas Eve and then going over to my parents. Christmas lunch is at their place along with my grandparents, and then we're all going over to my sister's for tea. Football on Boxing day, back home for the weekend, and then back to work on the Monday.
  • got the outlaws over xmas day (father in law is Palace),then my old man is coming football with me and Joe boxing day,is annual pilgrimage once a year.
  • Sponsored links:

• hahah ketman. i hear you.

I hated christmas for many a year especially after my mum died 19 odd years ago.

I've always maintained Christmas is for mothers, lovers and children.

Luckily for me i have at least one of those now so i enjoy it more.
  • always loved it even tho my dad passed away on Xmas eve few years ago. love 2 do all the cooking etc . it always seems a bit of an anti climax late xmas nite .
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]always loved it even tho my dad passed away on Xmas eve few years ago. love 2 do all the cooking etc . it always seems a bit of an anti climax late xmas nite .

Same here mate, love the build up xmas eve and xmas morning/lunch, but come the evening, boxing day & new years, not bothered.
  • Dont like New Years nite etc i seem to reflect on what i should have done etc in the year that has passed and all those cyclists i could have driven over but havnt -- yet !!! --------------------------be worried Rothco !!!
  • Must say love Chritsmas

Not thecredit card bill after mind
  • It seems like only yesterday that my sisters house in Lincoln...a big old Georgian rectory...was packed to the gills with friends and relatives every Christmas...before you know it Mum and Dad are gone, my brother Dave too.....as well as various uncles and aunts....barely 3 or four of us nowadays.....still, I'll be there keeping the tradition going though it's a bitter sweet experience nowadays.
    Still lovethe feeling of Christmas though....and hope I always will....sadly new year doesn't mean a thing to me nowadays.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Going to Locale for Xmas day lunch - lovely.. no stress of washing up.

I'm off to Rowhill Grange for lunch

[cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Really don't see what the fuss is all about, hate Christmas, most of my family don't speak to each other & when they do it's only to argue. Crap Holiday roll on Boxing day then it's over for another year.

I generally subscribe to that view but you have to do Christmas if you have kids. If I was on my own I'd lock myself away for the day, watch movies, eat pizza and drink beer. (God, I sound like Homer Simpson)
  • Not had to Buy a thing this year - other than a New Bikini and some flip flops. As the whole family are spending Christmas and New Year in the Domincan Republic - flying at 9:30 on Christmas Morning.

:o)
  • its for giving. That why i got a Cd for Da9 monks singing some stuff in latin recorded at some studio called the Vatican ?
  • Who did u buy the bikini and flip flops for Maria ?
  • Sponsored links:

• NorthstandUltra - who else?? ;o)

LOL

It is wierd not having decorations up or buying gifts for everyone.
  • edited December 2008
    im sure he would look better in jeans and shirt ? still u know best. Did u get him the flip flops with the big flower thingy on the top ? touch of class them ones.
  • LOL - your a loon!

;o)
  • Haven't done a darn thing and probably wont.

Quiet day with my parents and brother on Xmas day preparing for my walk to the match... :-)

Bah Humbug!
  • edited December 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]im sure he would look better in jeans and shirt ? still u know best. Did u get him the flip flops with the big flower thingy on the top ? touch of class them ones.

I've been asking for flip flops and a new bikini all year GH, I'm so happy :0)
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]its for giving. That why i got a Cd for Da9 monks singing some stuff in latin recorded at some studio called the Vatican ?

Thats where the Pope recorded his first hit "Thats Alrite Pontiff"
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Really don't see what the fuss is all about, hate Christmas, most of my family don't speak to each other & when they do it's only to argue. Crap Holiday roll on Boxing day then it's over for another year.

100% agree with you mate,althoughi have got an amazing family who all love this time of year i still hate it
  • far 2 many bah humbug herberts on here.
  • Wasn't it John Lennon who first used the word 'crimbo', or did this DREADFUL expression exist before he turned the word for this Christian festival into lazy slang?

I'm not a religious person, but it is reassuring to note that most postings in this thread do actually use the correct word:-)
  • just found out my nan has been taken into hospice today - she's got lung cancer - was sort of expecting it but they don't give her long so not going to be a great one - will try and enjoy but will be hard.