Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Referee on Saturday vs Reading is Australian

Saturdays referee is Jarred Gillett. You may have seen articles that he is coming over here full time to referee in the football league. Think he will go to Premier league next year. He is a VAR referee and now has a fifa badge which means he can do champions league games now as well. Should be better than some other rubbish referees we have had in the past!! 

Comments

• Options
    Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!
    Let's hope no-one mentions the cricket.
    Let’s hope no one mentions an Aussie takeover 
  • Options
    Saturdays referee is Jarred Gillett. You may have seen articles that he is coming over here full time to referee in the football league. Think he will go to Premier league next year. He is a VAR referee and now has a fifa badge which means he can do champions league games now as well. Should be better than some other rubbish referees we have had in the past!! 

Well you've just cursed it.
  • Options
    Let's hope the toxic masculinity of the fan's doesn't have him turned against us.
  • Options
    he is cutting edge.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    He was mentioned here when he refereed his last game in Australia

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/85002/jarred-gillett-australian-referee
  • Options
    He he was mentioned here when he refereed his last game in Australia

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/85002/jarred-gillett-australian-referee
    I don't get it?
  • Options
    Damn!!... Hope that doesnt mean we wont get him at the Valley

Been looking forward to seeing this bloke officiate us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Our referee on Saturday was Tim Robinson. Presumably not the cricket umpire and former batsman though!
  • Options
    is he gonna be a yellow (card happy) Gilet ?
  • Options
    I couldn't give a Castlemaine 4X where he comes from. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    He just needs to pop down to the sandpaper aisle in B&Q to pick up his red and yellow card ahead of the weekend.
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/UR9wwqjbO1I

Mic'd up in his last A-League match. Handles himself very well with both his decisions, and how he speaks with players. Hopefully it translates well to the english game
  • Options
    I've seen him referee many times as I'm a season ticket holder at Melbourne Victory... He's alright... He rates himself that's for sure... Or to use the local parlance 'he's got tickets on himself' :))
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    https://youtu.be/UR9wwqjbO1I

Mic'd up in his last A-League match. Handles himself very well with both his decisions, and how he speaks with players. Hopefully it translates well to the english game
    For some reason, it tickled me that there was a player called Bruce playing in this match. Proper Aussie ...
  • Options
    I'd love to have that for tv games. 
  • Options

Wasn't very good was he?

Missed so much (wasn't helped out by his linesmen) and was very inconsistent.  Looked very unfit late on as well.

I think he needs a run of games in Leagues Two and One to get him up to speed with the English game.  If he gets a challenging match it could be disastrous for him.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2019
    I think he had an off game but don’t think he was as bad as comms team made him out to be - they got frustrated at a couple of decisions and then couldn’t let it go when some marginal ones went against us.

You could see that he was trying to let the game flow and not award anything “soft” but he made a rod for his own back when he booked Field and then failed to apply the same standards to the home side.
  • Options
    Thought he had a shocker and made some baffling decisions!
  • Options
    One of the worst halves of refereeing I have ever seen that first half. Maybe it was jet lag.
  • Options
    Absolute shiite
  • Options
    He was an absolute useless prick. 
  • Options
    Aussie rules chaps, calm down.
  • Options
    Absolute shiite
    Nicholas said:
    He was an absolute useless prick. 
    The verdict from the panel.

• Options