Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

TIL - Today I Learned

So a bit like the Reddit thread, but keeping a Charlton Life theme... 

Today I Learned - Charlton fans are crap at paying for parking and for the Dart Charge.

I also learned that despite sometimes being an awkward bunch, we can also pride ourselves on being supportive to one another during hard times. Some of the names cropping up to support or be supported, I hadn't seen before. 

Comments

• edited August 2019
    It's not today I learnt but recently I learnt. 
    I've been doing a bit like a tour round the country and generally speaking when I mention I'm a Charlton fan I get complimented on our fan base being knowledgeable, so that's a thing apparently. 
  • To be honest it was yesterday.  I learned that Newcastle is called Newcastle because they had a new castle built there...
  • Didn't realise, but I also learnt that I use learned and learnt interchangeably.
  • Today I learnt what The Trolley Problem is. Classic problem for automated cars. 
  • Today I learnt that holiday prices in Europe next year are up by 15% on this years prices 
  • _MrDick said:
    Today I learnt that holiday prices in Europe next year are up by 15% on this years prices 
    Today I learnt that people still don't know how to use an apostrophe.
  • Sponsored links:

• I learnt aribo is half owl
  • I learned from a colleague today that there’s a village in Surrey called Donkey Town.
  • Boom said:
    I learned from a colleague today that there’s a village in Surrey called Donkey Town.
    Tony Adams lives there.
  • Hyenas are matriarchal. However this wasn't known for many years because every hyena appeared to be male... That is because female hyenas have a pseudopenis that incorporates the clitoris and urethra and look exactly like a penis. Almost all the  hyenas in a group are female. Dominance is asserted by have to perform cunnilingus on your superior. It is only practical in the field to determine the gender of a hyena when they have given birth, since the pseudopenis is also the birth canal and after delivering young looks exactly what you'd expect your penis to look like if you forced a baby through it
  • Boom said:
    I learned from a colleague today that there’s a village in Surrey called Donkey Town.
    Tony Adams lives there.
     As does Cristophe LePoint.
  • Boom said:
    Won’t you take me to........
  • McBobbin said:
    Hyenas are matriarchal. However this wasn't known for many years because every hyena appeared to be male... That is because female hyenas have a pseudopenis that incorporates the clitoris and urethra and look exactly like a penis. Almost all the  hyenas in a group are female. Dominance is asserted by have to perform cunnilingus on your superior. It is only practical in the field to determine the gender of a hyena when they have given birth, since the pseudopenis is also the birth canal and after delivering young looks exactly what you'd expect your penis to look like if you forced a baby through it
    Glad I never learned that.