Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited August 2019
    1980, Alton Towers opens to the public.
  • PLEASE BE DONE RIGHT NOW AS WE LEAST EXPECT IT!
  • CAFCBell said:

Richard Cawley article
  • How long will RD live for?
    Eternity
  • CAFCBell said:
    CAFCBell said:

Richard Cawley article
    I understand what you are saying, but consistently he has failed to add depth to the squad, last year he refused Bowyer’s request to add an out of contract player to the wage bill. But this year he’s spending £4m on a player! I don’t doubt what he’s telling Bowyer, there’s an excuse as to why we don’t get players we are supposedly after every year so forgive me if I’m pessimistic about anything until it’s done. 😉
  • And we know Napa blames the fans
    So does Duchatelet.

Anyway I'm sure Napa is a nice chap really.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    And we know Napa blames the fans
    So does Duchatelet.

Anyway I'm sure Napa is a nice chap really.
    Never seen in the same room though are they ;););)
  • Missd 1979: Magaret Thather becomes the UK's first female primeminister
  • Greenie said:
    The Rat is on a win win ATM.
    He gives Bow and Co a shit budget in L1 and Bow gets us promoted so The Rat hoicks up the price. He then gives Bow another shit budget for the Championship (I understand that as it stands we could break even this season), should Bow pull of another miracle the Rat gets loaded with Prem money!
    Rattys played a blinder if you ask me, he disgusts me but he’s doing well (for himself)

I rate a Bowyer very very highly but there is zero chance of a promotion this season.

Dave2l said:
    Amazed to look on here and see we are on my birth year. No end in sight to this thread.

Page 13,562.

Roland's great great great grandson Bogner Duchatelet writes a statement on the O.S.

It informs Charlton Athletic supporters that the club is not for sale.

Where's @oohaahmortimer when you need him.....

Top 6        -   0%
    7th-12th   -    5%
    13th - 21st  - 30%
    Bottom 3     - 65%
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Just curious. Did the Aussies accept RD's valuation of the club - I thought I heard that mentioned. So possibly the reason RD feels he can arse around with the other bidders when they offer a more realistic valuation of the worth of Charlto Athletic, is that he has a bid somewhere on the table which approximates to what he wants, even though it never seems near to being achieved. In which case, the presence of the Aussies is an active hindrance.
    None of this takes into account RD and his utter failure to have any sort of business nous, but even by his standards, his ability to drive off every other offer must have some basis, however arcane.
    But Roland changed the price on the Aussie by adding on the previously "all sorted, not a problem" directors bonds.

The Aussies are NOT the problem here as much as people keep trying to make it so.

Duchatelet is the problem.

The Europeans and Dalman have been messed about on the price and negotiations.  The Aussie had a deal but Duchatelet changed it.

And if the Aussies are a problem and unreliable than Duchatelet could have just taken one of the many other offers, but he hasn't.

Duchatelet wants too much and he wants protection from any liabilities as well as future payments on success and player sales. 

Duchatelet is the problem.

He agreed £33m with the Aussies before the play-off final and then changed his mind and said they had to resolve the directors’ loans.

He could have had £45m at Christmas but asked for £72m.
    Napa was nearly right then! 

No he wasn't, just because that's what RD is asking for, doesn't mean it's what the club is worth, which is what Napa said.
    I really don't want to dig out the post, but I thought he was demonstrating Dushitaface's valuation... 

Still outrageous of a valuation either way.
    Not originally.
  • At 23 Tomey would be a good investment at 4 Million. One good season in the Championship would see him worth treble the money by current standards so I think it just made good business sense even to Duchatelet .
    Who then refuses to get into dialogue when pulled up with his (silly)comment.
  • TEL said:
    At 23 Tomey would be a good investment at 4 Million. One good season in the Championship would see him worth treble the money by current standards so I think it just made good business sense even to Duchatelet .
    The paradox with Duchatelet is why didn't he quickly offer Joe Aribo a competitive wage with a sell on clause (Gallen/Bowyer would have recommended this) last December instead of losing him for the nominal amount ? The lack of a CEO with nous ? The lack of a CEO period.

Has Duchatelet at any of his clubs ever paid big bucks for players ?  Toney in, Taylor out sounds feasible in the mind of Duchatelet. 

The Sale of Charlton looks further away than ever. It's imperative that Bowyer and Duchatelet have a dialogue and have a hot line direct to each other.
    We can't afford to lose Bowyer and team so while the fans and Douchebag relationship is toxic, Lee must befriend RD. (The 10pm Volte-face direct call may of started the process)

One day our Prince will come. (Or Princess )

• TEL said:
    At 23 Tomey would be a good investment at 4 Million. One good season in the Championship would see him worth treble the money by current standards so I think it just made good business sense even to Duchatelet .
    The paradox with Duchatelet is why didn't he quickly offer Joe Aribo a competitive wage with a sell on clause (Gallen/Bowyer would have recommended this) last December instead of losing him for the nominal amount ? The lack of a CEO with nous ? The lack of a CEO period.

Has Duchatelet at any of his clubs ever paid big bucks for players ?  Toney in, Taylor out sounds feasible in the mind of Duchatelet. 

The Sale of Charlton looks further away than ever. It's imperative that Bowyer and Duchatelet have a dialogue and have a hot line direct to each other.
    We can't afford to lose Bowyer and team so while the fans and Douchebag relationship is toxic, Lee must befriend RD. (The 10pm Volte-face direct call may of started the process)

Irrelevant Bowyer being in contact with Dushitelet.  He only listens to people his side of the water.
  • TEL said:

Irrelevant Bowyer being in contact with Dushitelet.  He only listens to people his side of the water.
    We need Bowyer to stay. He needs to deal directly with Duchatelet. No agents, no passing on info second hand by Roland's yes men.
    The fans have burnt the bridges with RD, and he has reciprocated. 
    Bowyer and Gallen need a good working relationship with the eccentric old fool.
    This club could be in the wilderness for a decade if Bowyer walks in the summer, where the only way is down and down again.

• TEL said:

This club could be in the wilderness for a decade if Bowyer walks in the summer, where the only way is down and down again.

That's the nagging fear that won't go away.
  • Sponsored links:

• 3 days with no posts!
  • If we'd gone four days takeover would have happened.

Thanks a lot.
    ...so close!
  • If we'd gone four days takeover would have happened.

Thanks a lot.

Are you saying no comment?
  • I blame the EFL
    If it took 4 days to sign a player with all the correct paperwork then Christ knows how long this will take
  • The Australian consortium probably sent the papers in last year and still waiting for confirmation  :)
  • Perhaps Roland could sell us then buy Bury.
  • Is there still anybody actively looking to buy the club or have all the recent interested parties now gone away ? 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!