Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fans On The Bench For Cup Matches?

Last night we only managed 5 subs on the bench, just wondered if the other 2 places could be filled by fans?

Comments

• edited August 2019
    Where were the other two........”marching” round the pitch I assume?  :)
  • £200 proceeds to CAST or winner picked at random from the Valley Gold draw.
  • £200 proceeds to CAST or winner picked at random from the Valley Gold draw.

I'll volunteer to carry the magic sponge - hopefully nothing too serious or the far side of the pitch as it would take me a while to walk across.
  • lolwray said:
    Has everyone got a problem with productive text ? 

"Good moaning, I was just pissing by."  (Taken from Allo, Allo of course_
  • Last night we only managed 5 subs on the bench, just wondered if the other 2 places could be filled by fans?
    With the size of some of our cup attendances it would save the club having to open a stand if the fans were on the bench instead.
  • And put a sofa alongside it too :)
  • Sponsored links:

• I think @LouisMend should ask LB about this at the weekend (just after we’ve lost from fielding players that are too well rested)
  • Last night we only managed 5 subs on the bench, just wondered if the other 2 places could be filled by fans?
    Not sure if I'm gonna get whooshed here, but absolutely not.  There is no excuse for a professional sporting organisation to under-represent itself in any competitions it enters. Any club not fielding a full set of players (including substitutes) should be fined for incompetence and undermining the competition concerned.
  • LouisMend said:
    Fumbluff said:
    I think @LouisMend should ask LB about this at the weekend (just after we’ve lost from fielding players that are too well rested)
    “Lee, three red cards and a 4-0 defeat at Barnsley today - my first question is why didn’t Mendonca in Asdas get a run out for the last 15 on Tuesday evening?”
    Oh please, please find a way of asking that sort of question whilst mentioning someone on here

I'd just love to see the bafflement on Bowyer's face
  • Haha, my Sunday league team got to a cup final some years ago (it was very poor quality) and we decided to auction a non playing space on the bench on ebay to see if there were any takers and if we could make some money.  The game was being played at Bromleys ground.  eBay removed the listing as they felt it was touting a ticket for a sporting event!