Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

No half time scores read anymore?

Any reason that no half-time or full-time scores are read out?

Comments

• Is it necessary? Everyone has a smart phone now don’t they ? 
  • It is a good think for those (like me) who prefer to avoid knowing until later.
  • Always used to enjoy the pantomime of it - shouldn’t be left behind.
  • We have two of the numbered HT score cards in the Museum.

Someone on here mentioned one of the lettered boards which we'd love to match up with them.
  • It was a bit different yesterday, the crossbar challenge was early in the break instead of at the end and then we had that weird competition with the children which nobody seemed to understand!

At least the East Stand speakers had been turned up so that we could actually hear Brian and the RRR.
  • Most clubs had half time scoreboards going around the pitch but we had a proper imposing creosoted hut which some bloke had to enter via a ladder. Surely that should have been a listed building!
    Yup. But I can’t get on t’internet at the valley for some reason. Mag e too many folk using it at the same time. I’m with O2
  • Some people, bafflingly, don't want to know the scores until after the recorded highlights on tv.
    And don't want anyone else to know.
    FFS. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    It was a bit different yesterday, the crossbar challenge was early in the break instead of at the end and then we had that weird competition with the children which nobody seemed to understand!

At least the East Stand speakers had been turned up so that we could actually hear Brian and the RRR.
    Guessing they learned their lesson, last season it was getting later and later, sometimes finishing as the players came out, then I think it was the last game were they had to miss it all together, the bloke was waiting and waiting and it was getting later and later, the players came out and he got told it was to late to do it.
  • I’m shocked you remember that detail Paulie. Are you sure you weren’t talking about yourself in the third person? :-)
  • I’m shocked you remember that detail Paulie. Are you sure you weren’t talking about yourself in the third person? :-)
    Haha no, I remember because I was talking to @kellycafc throughout HT saying he wasnt gonna get to do it.

Besides it was only 3 months ago lol
  • The scores are normally wrong anyway!
  • seth plum said:
    It is a good think for those (like me) who prefer to avoid knowing until later.
    Lol. Yeah, I mean why would anyone want to know how the teams around us in the same league are getting on and whether we are going up or down the table? Much better to wait until the end of the season and let it be a complete surprise then!
    No.
  • They are on the screens by the bars at HT if you're really bothered about seeing them. 
  • That thing with the kids running round was a shambles. hilarious but a massive shambles!
  • We do have TV screens where you can see the scores though, so it's as if they're hard to find if you want to see them
  • Sponsored links:

• Bring back the tried and trusted A, B, C method and have a bloke walk round in the second half to put the numbers up...
  • To be honest didn't notice
    Too busy getting my sandwiches and flask out
  • iainment said:
    Some people, bafflingly, don't want to know the scores until after the recorded highlights on tv.
    And don't want anyone else to know.
    FFS. 
    Not sure people that selfish should get a say.
  • Jamie said replays and scores will be back.

There were technical problems, it seems.

Colours on screen will be changed and font size increased.

RRR AFTER game stays for now as other decision makers have asked for it.

Credit to him for responding and making changes. 

Did someone @Covered End? Say he posted on here?
  • I must say that at night games, when there are also important European games being played, many of us will have recorded those games to watch when they get home.
    Trying to avoid the scores can be a bit of a mission, with me actually putting my fingers in my ears in frustration!
  • Hearing a dismal result for Millwall/Palace after a match that Charlton have won has always been a nice cherry on top
  • Jamie said replays and scores will be back.

There were technical problems, it seems.

Colours on screen will be changed and font size increased.

RRR AFTER game stays for now as other decision makers have asked for it.

Credit to him for responding and making changes. 

Did someone @Covered End? Say he posted on here?
    Yes, he's the guy that does the vlog with his girlfriend. (The original one on here).