Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Have Forest ripped off our Valley Floyd Road song ?

2»

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Wings released Mull of Kintyer in 1978.

One of us or Nottingham Forest were on TV all the time, in the top flight and winning European cups around that time.  The other were struggling in the 2nd and 3rd tiers.

Unless Peter Taylor was as good at finding songs as he was players I think I could make a fair guess who stole it from who. 
    On TV all the time?
  • Goodbye horse is our only original song 
    Charlton , Charlton , Charlton, Charlton , Charlton , Charlton , Charlton was stolen form Chelsea’s version with a different word :-]
    Surely 'Show me the way to go home' is unique to Charlton as well ?
    Show them the way to go home, They're tired and they want to go to bed - for a wank! Cos they're only half a football team, Compared to the boys in red", would ring out around northern grounds, where London teams would also be treated a chorus of "Shit on the Cockneys, shit on the Cockneys tonight..." to the tune of Roll Out the Barrel.
    Fair enough - didn't know that
  • I dont remember VFR at Selhurst. 
  • Uboat said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

One of us or Nottingham Forest were on TV all the time, in the top flight and winning European cups around that time.  The other were struggling in the 2nd and 3rd tiers.

Unless Peter Taylor was as good at finding songs as he was players I think I could make a fair guess who stole it from who. 
    On TV all the time?
    Compared to us yes.
  • Off_it said:
    I get what you mean now. 

I blame my hangover
    You’ve got a hangover?
  • Boom said:
    Off_it said:
    I get what you mean now. 

I blame my hangover
    You’ve got a hangover?
    Yes mate. You?
  • edited August 2019
    First time I heard it was Highbury away in March 89 when it had just been announced we were planning to return. 

Remember it vividly as I was with my Dad who is from Campbeltown near the Mull of Kintyre.
  • Off_it said:
    Boom said:
    Off_it said:
    I get what you mean now. 

I blame my hangover
    You’ve got a hangover?
    Yes mate. You?
    Yep a brutal one
  • Come on you reds is ours.
  • Come on you reds is ours.
    should only be sung when we get a corner
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:

Coming up on the takeover thread any minute now.
  • Is this a joke? How many times has this issue been discussed on here?
  • JaShea99 said:
    Is this a joke? How many times has this issue been discussed on here?
  • Off_it said:
    Goodbye horse is our only original song 
    Charlton , Charlton , Charlton, Charlton , Charlton , Charlton , Charlton was stolen form Chelsea’s version with a different word :-]
    What about a Palace fan hanging on a string?

always assumed it was an original, but I’ve never heard anyone else sing it and some of my non-Charlton mates think it’s brilliant!

Love it at the library

LYRICS

When I was just a little boy, My Mother Gave Me a little Toy, An Arsenal fan on a string, She told me to kick it's fucking head in...

They may have copied us 

• JaShea99 said:
    Is this a joke? How many times has this issue been discussed on here?
    For me it's the first time - is that ok with you ?
  • Yeah that’s fine, no worries.