Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Deputy Chief Constable Rachel Swann's hair

I like it. And I don't understand all the outrage. 

That's all I have to say.

Comments

• Her hair is bigger than her head
  • I like it.
  • Soniq the hedgehog 
  • Not someone to mess with I think
  • Like scene from Something About Mary.
  • Sponsored links:

• That is some haircut  :o
  • Dont play with plug sockets kids!!
  • Is she sure that's appropriate ! 
  • Beavis and butthead springs to mind
  • In honour of a sacred Charlton Life tradition..... Would Ya? 
  • Is that a ring through her nose or a booger ? 
  • I think she s wearing a large creme brulee as a bet 
  • I wonder what her husband and/or boyfriend thinks of it.
    Or girlfriend / wife...
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm a fan.
  • Don’t give a flying feck what she looks like, will she get her arse round my house if I hit three nines is what matters to me. 
    And for the record, any head of hair is better none. 😜
  • T_C_E said:
    Don’t give a flying feck what she looks like, will she get her arse round my house if I hit three nines is what matters to me. 
    And for the record, any head of hair is better none. 😜
    Not even if you live in Derbyshire is that likely to happen. 
  • Chizz said:
    I like it. And I don't understand all the outrage. 

That's all I have to say.
    It’s totally against regulations. 
    If a regular officer turned up for work like that they’d be told to sort it, quite rightly. 

How can you lead when you can’t even follow regulations?

Utterly unprofessional. 
    The regulations are outdated... 

Her hair is an extreme style if it's 1950, but certainly not extreme by today's standards.

Current appearance regulations:

4.4 Appearance 
    4.4.1 Hair. 
    It should be clean, neat and tidy. It should be worn so that it is cut or secured above the 
    collar and ears and presents a professional image. Hair motifs, colour, patterns and 
    extreme styles are not appropriate and should not prevent the wearing of headgear.

4.4.2 Facial Hair. 
    In general police officers, police staff and special constables should be clean shaven. 
    Fully grown beards and other facial hair should be kept clean, neat and tidy. A new beard 
    should be grown during a period of leave away from the work environment. Warrant 
    cards/ID cards must be updated when there is a substantive change in appearance. 

4.4.3 Cosmetics. 
    Makeup and nail polish can be worn in moderation, and must convey a professional 
    image. Nails must be of a functional length that does not represent a health and safety 
    issue. Mehindi (henna plant) decorative body painting in accordance with religious or 
    cultural observance may be worn.

4.4.4 Tattoos. 
    Tattoos that may be considered offensive and impact on the professionalism of the police 
    service must be covered at all times. Police officer national recruitment standards provide 
    greater detail. 

4.4.5 Jewellery. 
    The minimum amount of jewellery should be worn to maintain a professional image and 
    minimise any risks to health and safety. No excessive jewellery in terms of amount or 
    colours is acceptable as this detracts from a professional image. 
    Police officers, police staff and special constables have a duty of care to themselves and 
    colleagues to carry out a risk assessment of the jewellery being worn and the 
    circumstances they are in. 
    Jewellery which is worn as part of a religious or cultural belief may be worn providing there 
    is no significant risk to health and safety.
  • I am reliable informed she is a confident, and efficient ACC. Don't judge a book by its cover comes to mind.
  • How can you not class that Barnet as extreme lol