Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

End of season fun. Riddles.

12345679»

Comments

• Can anyone explain this please. The riddle appeared on the addicksdownunder website and I would very much like to come across as brainy.

Today the whole world is the same age.
    The age of every person plus the year of their birth equals 2018.
    It happens only once every thousand years.

Thanks
  • Basically it is bollox.
    1 - doesn’t work if you have not had your birthday yet.
    2 - December 31st is only day of year it could possibly work.
    3 - it is the same every year
  • Don't really understand your number 2
  • Your age plus the year of your birth is always the year in which you are making the calculation.
  • My age is 47
    My year of birth is 1970
    Total is 2017 because my birthday isn’t until December
    In 31st December everyone’s totals will equal 2018.

Just as everyone will total 2019 on dec 31st 2019
  • In a lake there is a patch of lily pads.  Every day, the patch doubles in size.  If it takes 48 days for the patch to cover the entire lake, how long would it take for the patch to cover half the lake?
  • Why did it take so long?
  • Last post - only joking of course.

If it takes 5 machines 5 minutes to make 5 items, how long would it take 100 machines to make 100 items?
  • Last post - only joking of course.

If it takes 5 machines 5 minutes to make 5 items, how long would it take 100 machines to make 100 items?
    5 minutes?
  • Sponsored links:

• 5 minutes is correct Kessler.

A Professor Shane Frederick set what he called a Cognitive Reflection Test in 2005.  Out of 3,428 people who took the test just 17% answered all three correctly, more than half got at least one wrong and one third scored zero out of three.

The first question by the way was the one about the notepad and pencil costing $1.10.  The notepad cost $1 more than the pencil, how much was the pencil (a question previously asked on here)

A Professor Shane Frederick set what he called a Cognitive Reflection Test in 2005.  Out of 3,428 people who took the test just 17% answered all three correctly, more than half got at least one wrong and one third scored zero out of three.

The first question by the way was the one about the notepad and pencil costing $1.10.  The notepad cost $1 more than the pencil, how much was the pencil (a question previously asked on here)
    I’d go so far as to say more than 80% got at least one wrong.
  • In a lake there is a patch of lily pads.  Every day the patch doubles in size.  If it takes 48 days for the patch to cover the entire lake, how long would it take for the patch to cover half the lake?
  • Sorry.  Asked the question before.

I’d go so far as to say more than 80% got at least one wrong.
    I think they meant “got one but not all three wrong” but typically couldn’t word it correctly. Of course, they don’t even need to say it as it’s a given from the other two numbers.