Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gillingham v Charlton - Match Thread

Comments

• Luckily he's ok. Williams off now been our best player
  • Luckily he's ok. Williams off now been our best player
    Williams only on for short time because he hadn’t played a competitive game yet? 
  • Not too worried - need a few good loans and we will be ok. 
  • edited July 2019
    Midfield is the priority for me now. Cullen and Bielik were so influential last season, we have to bring in as good or better. I would like to see them both back. I think our team that ended last season was one striker short of top half Championship, even a shout at play -offs.
  • Signing before Tuesday?.
  • Midfield is the priority for me now. Cullen and Bielik were so influential last season, we have to bring in as good or better. I would like to see them both back. I think our team that ended last season was one striker short of top half Championship, even a shout at play -offs.
    With Karlan instead of Parker
  • Based on what i have seen so far on the couple of pre seasons I've been to I'm a bit concerned how Lockyer is going to fare in the championship
  • Sponsored links:

• 3-1 Lockyer gave the ball away and punished
  • Alternatively Bonne is 100% danger
  • Based on what i have seen so far on the couple of pre seasons I've been to I'm a bit concerned how Lockyer is going to fare in the championship
    Are you psychic  ??
  • Signing before Tuesday?.
    Based on what?
  • what a load of rubbish
  • Always annoying to lose any game. But this is all about fitness and bedding in new players. 

Hate losing to clubs like them though.
    Are you psychic  ??
    No hence why I am concerned rather than sure. But thanks for choosing to attack.
  • When the premier league clubs finalise their squads we will move for a few loan players. 
    I am sure we will strengthen enough to survive. 
    In Bowyer and Gallen we trust. 
  • edited July 2019
    Based on what i have seen so far on the couple of pre seasons I've been to I'm a bit concerned how Lockyer is going to fare in the championship
    Are you psychic  ??
    No hence why I am concerned rather than sure. But thanks for choosing to attack.
    Attack by the gills proving your point?
  • That was awful, only pre season so not overly worried, William's the only player I would score 6 or above.

Also the group of lads who had been allowed away without grown ups for the first time and had a beer to celebrate - you really got on my tits!! 
  • Sponsored links:

• F**k you Roland!! I know it's only a friendly but that is not good enough!! We will get stuffed every week in the Championship with that squad!! Feel for Bowyer and Jackson!
  • Anyone bothered Taylor is yet to score?
    If Lyle's going to have a drought, I'd prefer it to be now during pre-season than when it matters.

Also, we saw when Grant left that it took him a while to build up a productive partnership with someone else, so let's give him the opportunity to do that again without pressure from anxious fans.  Time enough for concern if he's still not scoring when the season starts.
  • Would hate to play poker with Bowyer!
    Are you psychic  ??
    Attack by the gills proving your point?
    Oh balls, apology for aggression. Actually did post that before goal 3
  • Only a friendly and all that but it really showed our deficiencies particularly in midfield. Thought the likes of Wiredu, Quitirna and Odoh in the last couple of games looked better than Morgan, and Lapslie today. Page injured again and unbalanced us. 
  • The comments on here sound like last seasons pre season!
  • Not all doom and gloom but i was hoping to see more from a few players.

Aneke produced a good finish for the goal but his movement and energy were dire.

All 3 of their goals were naive poor defending imo, Lockyer had a bit of a stinker and he will need to get to grips with the jump in quality quick.

My god we need a few decent players in on loan or otherwise it is going to be a shocker of a season.