Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ben Amos - gone to Wigan, leaving message p9

Comments

• Excellent signing - two quality keepers.
  • Excellent... bloody excellent!!
  • Hope he had all his inoculations for last year.
  • Good back up to Philips.

Good it's a perm deal too.   And he knows the club and the club knows him so all good.

Shame about the year with the spanners though.
  • Welcome back Ben. A fantastic signing 
  • Good back up to Philips.

Good it's a perm deal too.   And he knows the club and the club knows him so all good.

Shame about the year with the spanners though.
    Maybe he won't be a backup for long. 
  • Number 1, fantastic signing! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Don’t see him as back up Phillips has been great and should start no1 but to me 2 quality goalkeepers.That have  to  compete to be on the team sheet. 
  • Excellent signing.......welcome home Ben.
  • Excellent signing
  • Hopefully he's better than he was last season at the scum. Good back up to Dillon. 
  • Happy days!
  • Excellent signing, we have real strength in that position now. 
  • Very happy with that, he was quality for us last time. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Won’t be posting anymore garbage from my ‘source’. Told me this definitely wasn’t happening! 
    to be fair it might not off been at one stage and something changed. This is what happens with rumours second hand info. 
  • Fantastic news! Didn't expect this so I'm well happy. Bows and Gallen strike again! 
  • Hmmm. Once again I am a bit "meh" about this. Said back in January when we got Maxwell in that it was a waste of a wage. Even more so this season. When our playing budget is so tight I think another keeper atm is not a high priority. Also sends the wrong message to not only Phillips but Maynard-Brewer too.

Not sure on the rules on emergency goalkeepers, but even if that has been tightened recently whats wrong in waiting until deadline day.

I was right about Maxwell back in January......or perhaps the thought is that Amos can play up front seeing as we only have 2 strikers at the moment !!

Provides competition to Phillips, and will make a massive difference if he gets injured or has a bad run of form
  • good insurance policy .. welcome back Ben