Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

'The kids emptied our bank account playing Fifa'

2»

Comments

• edited July 2019
    £550 in net spend is £550 more than Roland allowed Lee to spent on incoming transfer fees all last season. Just think about that for a minute.
  • edited July 2019
    I got into Hearthstone a while back. Now that is an expensive game. So expensive I quickly stopped paying it. You would need to spend a few grand to get all the cards. And they rotate them out every year. Absolute madness. They're not even real cards - they're digital! 

I have played FIFA Ultimate Team and never spent money on cards. It's not a must. It's just a shortcut. I stopped playing because the game made me want to smash things. A good rule is to not pursue hobbies that make you want to smash things.
  • The worst thing Bethesda has done is not DLCs but the Creation Club, where you pay Bethesda for mods created by players, including mods which were previously available free on Nexus or elsewhere.

To make it worse, you have to avoid the constant Creation Club game updates they try to force on you via Steam, otherwise the updates are known to make your carefully constructed free mod list stop working completely.  I always play SSE in offline mode now, with my router turned off, because you cannot trust the buggers and I've had to reconstruct my SSE from scratch more than once (from an old version I backed up).

Since the CC is obviously the future of Bethesda games, it's the last game of theirs I will ever buy...
    This is one of those posts that makes me feel really really old.....I have no idea what you are explaining 😥.
  • EA are the worst game company in the world, by far. They pump out low quality buggy games and have "loot boxes" in just about all their games, so you pay money for a chance to get some cool new weapons/players etc. It's gambling, and should be treated as such.
  • Chunes said:
    I got into Hearthstone a while back. Now that is an expensive game. So expensive I quickly stopped paying it. You would need to spend a few grand to get all the cards. And they rotate them out every year. Absolute madness. They're not even real cards - they're digital! 

I have played FIFA Ultimate Team and never spent money on cards. It's not a must. It's just a shortcut. I stopped playing because the game made me want to smash things. A good rule is to not pursue hobbies that make you want to smash things.
    I've spent about £200/300 on that game since release. I don't play as much anymore cause as you said I kept falling behind every expansion and in the end I just cut my losses. If you completely devote your time to it you can do it for free, but you have to play a ridiculous amount to get what you want and it becomes tedious.

About 8 years ago now I was living with my aunt and was proper hooked on FIFA ultimate team. Was desperate to have some of the in form cards released, spent 120 quid in one sitting and still didn't get anything. I could afford it cause I had loads of money without responsibilities at the time but it's crazy/scary how quick you can burn through money on these loot crate/gambling type systems. 

I've had to warn my relatives about cousins and what not. Was round my aunt's house about a year ago and she told me that my cousin was playing fornite and it was costing her money for him to play, told her it was free so he's probably just buying character skins etc, check his account and wallop all the skins.

It's all well and good saying parents have got to be stricter but I imagine being too strict isn't easy as a parent so it's probably hard to deal with. The developers of these games need to take a look at themselves. Half released games with DLC within a month, 'free' mobile games where you have to spend to stand a chance. It gets more outrageous year after year 
  • The last computer game i played was Doom back in about ‘94 I think.  It seemed so realistic a mate fell off his chair trying to move out the way of a bullet !

buying more packs/kit mid game seems a total rip off to me and something that should be more closely regulated.  A market that has moved so quickly in a short space of time really.
  • edited July 2019
    The worst thing Bethesda has done is not DLCs but the Creation Club, where you pay Bethesda for mods created by players, including mods which were previously available free on Nexus or elsewhere.

To make it worse, you have to avoid the constant Creation Club game updates they try to force on you via Steam, otherwise the updates are known to make your carefully constructed free mod list stop working completely.  I always play SSE in offline mode now, with my router turned off, because you cannot trust the buggers and I've had to reconstruct my SSE from scratch more than once (from an old version I backed up).

Since the CC is obviously the future of Bethesda games, it's the last game of theirs I will ever buy...
    This is one of those posts that makes me feel really really old.....I have no idea what you are explaining 😥.
    Damn.  I was hoping someone could explain it to me. :smile:

• Ultimate Team getting a bit of a shooing but I think its a bit unfair.

Everyone I know that plays it enjoys it because you should win coins through playing and doing the challenges over the season. How fun it was to get that Lyle Taylor TOTS card! I accept that for children who prefer a bit of instant gratification, they may get the odd pack at Xmas or Birthdays.

EA do not make cack games! Yes they are a profit based behemoth that sweeps up promising independent developers which can be sad. However, last time I checked the dont operate in a communist command economy so what do you want them to do?

How is FUT any worse than stickers or coins? Lots of people like playing football games and the FUT model keeps interest up over the season. It wouldnt make as much money if it didnt bring something extra to the game play.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Dave2l said:
    I loved FIFA 19.

Probably my personal favourite FIFA.... for a few reasons.

(My FIFA 19 story deserves its own thread)

What I will say is....the whole player pack thing ..."ultimate team" it is such a load of bollocks.

Complete rip off ...  So pointless and unnecessary.

I think that whole side of it...is a big no no
    I want this story now.

Sunday.

The 14th of July
  • Sponsored links:

• Usually spend about 100 on packs when fifa comes out to give my self a shot of getting a decent team. The amount of time i spend playing the game over the year its money well spent.