Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

(non Charlton) 2019 Summer Transfers - Deadline Day from Pg.24

Comments

• Just hope that Palace sell Zaha now

If he goes too then you'd HOPE that they'll be in deep shit

• Can you post the actual transfer rather than link please, or at least screenshot. I thought this was the whole point of the thread not to be linked to somewhere else...
    Was only to show how they did the signings. Stoke signed Jordan Cousins, Lee Gregory, Nick Powell, Adam Davies and Liam Lindsay, all announced at once and made a video touring the bet365 stadium showing all their shirts 

• Can you post the actual transfer rather than link please, or at least screenshot. I thought this was the whole point of the thread not to be linked to somewhere else...
    Was only to show how they did the signings. Stoke signed Jordan Cousins, Lee Gregory, Nick Powell, Adam Davies and Liam Lindsay, all announced at once and made a video touring the bet365 stadium showing all their shirts 

Cheers, wasn't specific to that post as there have been a few twitter links without the details.

More as at work cant really go in between hundreds of websites to find the info :) i'll check the tweet out another time though

• edited June 2019
    Just hope that Palace sell Zaha now

If they sell him and Wan-Bissaka they'll have well over 100m to spend on top of their tv money. You could be looking at them having 150m+ to spend in this window. If spent wisely it'll set them up to be a decent top 10 side.

Sadly they're living in another world to us right now with solitary players worth more than our entire club.
  • Depends how they spend it as well, over the last few seasons they bought Sakho for around £30M, Benteke for around £30m, Schlupp for around £10M and Van Aanholt for around £10M thats around £80M for those 4 not exactly spending well.

But then there is the occasional good one Milivojevic for £11M and Batshuayi for whatever the loan fee was, but their good signings are few and far between, so could see them blowing any money they get on crap.
  • Depends how they spend it as well, over the last few seasons they bought Sakho for around £30M, Benteke for around £30m, Schlupp for around £10M and Van Aanholt for around £10M thats around £80M for those 4 not exactly spending well.

But then there is the occasional good one Milivojevic for £11M and Batshuayi for whatever the loan fee was, but their good signings are few and far between, so could see them blowing any money they get on crap.
    Exactly how I see it going too

With AWB and Zaha they had the ready players

Now they've all this cash and EVERYONE knows it so will be wanting double for any transfers
  • Echoes of above, people know they have cash and what are the chances they will find players who will deliver as Zaha and AWB have with that kind of money. Plus I think some of it will be pocketed to fund their stadium development.

Relegation scrap is going to be tight this year, there is no real obvious nailed on teams imo, Blades are gonna be tough, Norwich are better than when they played in the prem before and villa are splashing the cash. I know a Bournemouth fan at work who reckons they will potentially go down
  • I think Brighton are in serious trouble, Bournemouth should be ok. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Just hope that Palace sell Zaha now

If they sell him and Wan-Bissaka they'll have well over 100m to spend on top of their tv money. You could be looking at them having 150m+ to spend in this window. If spent wisely it'll set them up to be a decent top 10 side.

Sadly they're living in another world to us right now with solitary players worth more than our entire club.
    Indeed they are. They sell one of their best young players for £50m, one of ours goes on a free to Rangers(?)for £300k compo. Happy times.
  • Stoke add Stephen Ward, the experienced Burnley left back .. whole new squad at Stoke it seems, really splashing the parachute cash
  • Stoke add Stephen Ward, the experienced Burnley left back .. whole new squad at Stoke it seems, really splashing the parachute cash
    Not really spending much in terms of transfer fees though, mainly free transfers and I doubt the wages will be higher than for the experienced players they're losing this summer
  • Heartbreaking this. Would have loved little Jay to be a permanent signing for us. DaSilva to Bristol City, 4 year deal 

• Jay Dasilva signs a 4 year deal at Bristol City,undisclosed fee
  • Heartbreaking this. Would have loved little Jay to be a permanent signing for us. DaSilva to Bristol City, 4 year deal 

Good player yes, heartbreaking?
  • A regular for the England U21s but now moving permanently to the Championship

I wonder if there's a buyback clause, with Brizzle paying a relatively low fee but Chelsea being able to buy him back if he leaps in value?
  • Sammie Szmosics looks to be joining Da Silva at Bristol city

shame - he’s decent
  • Bournemouth, Brighton, Norwich, Sheff Utd and Southampton will all be poor next season.  Even if Bissaka and Zaha go and they dont replace, Palace will be ok
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2019
    Heartbreaking this. Would have loved little Jay to be a permanent signing for us. DaSilva to Bristol City, 4 year deal 

Be interesting to see how his career plays out. I think he's too small for a full back, unless playing 5-3-2. Skilful player though.

Wonder what Bristol paid for him. See he did not always start for them last season either. Also bad, but unsurprising, that Chelsea never played him once as far as I know. 
  • edited June 2019
    Heartbreaking this. Would have loved little Jay to be a permanent signing for us. DaSilva to Bristol City, 4 year deal 

Be interesting to see how his career plays out. I think he's too small for a full back, unless playing 5-3-2. Skilful player though.

Wonder what Bristol paid for him. See he did not always start for them last season either. Also bad, but unsurprising, that Chelsea never played him once as far as I know. 
    Completely disagree he out jumped players that were well over 6ft when he was here.

He's athletic enough to not need to be any taller.
  • Bournemouth, Brighton, Norwich, Sheff Utd and Southampton will all be poor next season.  Even if Bissaka and Zaha go and they dont replace, Palace will be ok
    If they go and dont get replaced they will clearly be in trouble, 2 of their best players last season, also no chance of getting Batshuayi back as Chelsea will need him.

• The modern full back is more of a wing back. Above average defending and a great engine are the essentials. Crossing preferable. Aerial dominance less so important. 

Wiggins wasnt the tallest but his pace meant he could recover and atttackers rarely got the cross in. Much like Kyle Walker (shit defender great athlete)

Jay will be just fine
  • Da Silva not fit to lace Wiggin's boots
  • Atletico Madrid on the verge of signing Joao Felix for 126m euros!

A kid who this time last year hadn't even made his first team debut.
  • Atletico Madrid on the verge of signing Joao Felix for 126m euros!

A kid who this time last year hadn't even made his first team debut.
    Could say the same Mbappe's move

Scored 15-goals in 30-games in just his second season (first year only had one goal in 11-games)

Won Ligue 1 and moved for €145m

Since then he's still only won (at club level) another two League titles, a single FA Cup win and a single League Cup win (the French equivalents)

Isnt really that much when you consider how much PSG have paid yet done nothing of note in Europe
  • Take your point but Mbappe was in the Monaco side at 16 and was tearing it up in the champions league as an 18 year old. At the age Felix is now, he won the world cup.

It's a lot of money to spend on a kid who's had 1 season in Portugal.
  • In another big move, De Ligt has apparently agreed terms on a 67m move to Juventus.

No idea what stopped Barca and/or Man U getting a deal done.