Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

(non Charlton) 2019 Summer Transfers - Deadline Day from Pg.24

Comments

• Grant McCann signed for Hull, ex Donny manager. On a 12 month rolling contract
    Is there going to be anyone left at Doncaster next season?

At least 5 players already gone, now the manager gone, and probably Marquis will go too.

• Grant McCann signed for Hull, ex Donny manager. On a 12 month rolling contract

At least 5 players already gone, now the manager gone, and probably Marquis will go too.
    Failing in the play-offs is brutal
  • edited June 2019

Grant McCann signed for Hull, ex Donny manager. On a 12 month rolling contract

They are going exactly the same way shrewsbury did last season.

• Huddersfield have signed Leyton Orients Josh Koroma, he was Bonnes strike partner from last season 
    A tough time for Orient at the moment.

Huddersfield seem to be signing more young British players now, which is a bit of a change of policy over the dealings which got them promoted
  • Blucher said:

Tell that to Lee Bowyer and his Charlton players that remained at the club last season - In all seriousness, shows how well we did even more for me
  • Blucher said:

We succeeded in the play offs and half our lot are off !! 
    Blucher said:

The inherent major problem with relying on loaned players is the lack of team continuity, leading to the inability for coaches and managers to plan for the longer term . 
    To state the obvious, Bielik and Cullen were major contributors to last season's super success .. BUT, will we ever see them again in an Addicks line up ? .. it's not likely is it

• Huddersfield have signed Leyton Orients Josh Koroma, he was Bonnes strike partner from last season 

Huddersfield have signed Leyton Orients Josh Koroma, he was Bonnes strike partner from last season 

he features in the 'Bonne Goals' clip I put up yesterday .. VERY tricky winger .. we could have done with him to (hopefully) continue their fruitful Orient partnership
  • Blucher said:

Blucher said:

The inherent major problem with relying on loaned players is the lack of team continuity, leading to the inability for coaches and managers to plan for the longer term . 
    To state the obvious, Bielik and Cullen were major contributors to last season's super success .. BUT, will we ever see them again in an Addicks line up ? .. it's not likely is it
    That happens in football anyway. The Ajax team next season will be stripped of its best players

Closer to home, Leyton Orient got promoted but still lost 2 of their best players straight away
  • I think Huddersfield are doing it right, stabilising after a relegation and cherry picking the lower league talents. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Just seen Huddersfield have signed Reece Brown as well, that's another very decent young English signing. Would Huddersfield be considered dark horses this year? 

• Just seen Huddersfield have signed Reece Brown as well, that's another very decent young English signing. Would Huddersfield be considered dark horses this year? 
    Hard to say, as it depends on whether these young players can step up. To me they're more signings for the future rather than players who will start in August

Not sure i'd consider a side who've just spent 2 years in the premier league and have 70m+ of parachute payments as a dark horse. I think they'll definitely be up there around the top 6 as they will have kept most of their side together. It's sides who come down and have their team ripped apart who tend to struggle.
  • According to the bookies though they are the joint 7th favourites to win the league which are surprising odds imo. Joint with Brentford and better odds than Boro. For that reason I think they're a little bit of a dark horse 
  • Millwall set to spend £1.75M on Bartosz Bialkowski 
  • Piotr Parzyszek's cousin?
  • edited June 2019
    Millwall set to spend £1.75M on Bartosz Bialkowski 
    Not sure why you clicked LOL @Covered End

I dont find it funny that Millwall are spending £1.75M on a GK and we wont spend £1.75 collectively
  • edited June 2019
    Millwall set to spend £1.75M on Bartosz Bialkowski 
    Not sure why you clicked LOL @Covered End

I dont find it funny that Millwall are spending £1.75M on a GK and we wont spend £1.75 collectively
    I've seen him play & he's looked poor on each occasion.
    I'd rather have Amos and if he's free so much the better.
    Looks like transfermarkt valued him at £900K last September.
    I think it's funny if Millwall shell out £1.75M.
    What's your opinion of Bialowski ?
  • edited June 2019
    I think he is a decent keeper, hence why he has been 1st choice at Ipswich for 3 years, he played in a very poor Ipswich team last season and based on twitter Ipswich fans are sad to see him go

But even if he was the worst player in the world it bothers me that Millwall are spending more on 1 player than we will the whole summer
  • edited June 2019
    I think he is a decent keeper, hence why he has been 1st choice at Ipswich for 3 years, he played in a very poor Ipswich team last season and based on twitter Ipswich fans are sad to see him go

But even if he was the worst player in the world it bothers me that Millwall are spending more on 1 player than we will the whole summer
    Do you think Millwall are getting a good deal ?
    Would you prefer we bought him for £1.75M ? Which would of course add to our £65M debt.
    Would Amos for free be a better deal ?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2019

Do you think Millwall are getting a good deal ?
    Would you prefer we bought him for £1.75M ? Which would of course add to our £65M debt.
    Would Amos for free be a better deal ?
    Not sure if Millwall are getting a good deal, but again the fact they are willing to spend that on 1 player, and lets face it like Millwall we will be in a relegation battle.

As for Amos he was good in League 1 but there is clearly something about him Championship teams dont like, Bolton didnt wamt him so was loaned to us, the following season he again wasnt wanted by Bolton, moved on loan to Millwall and barely played for them, in fact he didnt play for them in the league in 2019.
  • Poor signing imo, if you watch the Ipswich goals conceded video posted by an Ipswich fan he looked shocking for a lot of their goals.

I get Paulie's point though that it's frustrating they will spend a fee like that and we won't but it's hardly a decent signing. 

Jamal Lowe if they can snag him on the other hand would be a solid signing 
  • He’s prolly on £5k a week as opposed to the £20k per week Amos is dreaming about getting 
  • To me that's a crazy sum to pay for him when you consider the number of free keepers around and their financial situation. If I was them I'd use my transfer budget to reinforce their attacking options as that was their weakness 
  • He's been pretty good for Ipswich over the years though, but for a club who don't tend to spend a lot of money, 1.75m on a keeper who is 32 next month and will have zero sell on value doesn't seem the wisest of choices.
  • Dont know if I'd want to pay that much for him though

31-years old and experienced but there must be better / younger 'keepers in League One who'd cost less

e.g. I know it was only compensation but Brentford signed Daniel Bentley from Southend for £1.1m
  • edited June 2019
    What does a £1.75 million player add to the team that a decent player on a free transfer doesn’t, apart from debt ?

• edited June 2019
    To me that's a crazy sum to pay for him when you consider the number of free keepers around and their financial situation. If I was them I'd use my transfer budget to reinforce their attacking options as that was their weakness 
    We've just signed our biggest ever sponsorship deal with Huski Chocolate. It's a 5 year deal and is rumoured to be worth around the £5 million mark. So there's a bit of money floating around.

@MillwallFan mentioned the company a while back.

It wouldn't surprise me if there's further sponsorship in the pipeline for other areas of the club so they can pump money in to assist with FFP rules. There's also quiet whispers that he may look to takeover the club after JB leaves. Whether that be before or after the redevelopment, who knows?

Either way, the man seems to have a good affinity for our club.

I agree with @Covered End that I don't think this keeper is worth the money and that we could spend it elsewhere. However, we don't currently have a first team keeper so may have to pay over the odds.
  • Huski Chocolate?  What's that all about?
  • Huski Chocolate?  What's that all about?
    Swedish bloke worth about £8bn rocked up at our ground, took a few games in and loved it. Had a box last season and took his kids, who also loved it. This has led to him chucking a few pennies at us.

Agree that its a strange one but he also must have one eye on the redevelopment.