Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

(non Charlton) 2019 Summer Transfers - Deadline Day from Pg.24

Comments

•  @RealMadrid in this transfer window:

📝 Eden Hazard [€100m]

📝 Luka Jović [€65m]

📝 Eder Militao [€50m]

📝 Rodrygo [€54m]

📝 Ferland Mendy [€48m]

💰 Total: €319m

Obviously their squad needed to be improved and some players will leave, but that's over 200m on players who currently you'd expect to be subs.

Will Jovic play ahead of Benzema?
    Militao ahead of Ramos and Varane?
    Rodrygo is a kid and if Jovic doesn't play, then he certainly won't.
    Mendy ahead of Marcelo?
    Marcelo, Benzema and Ramos are all close to retirement let's be honest 
  • Aston Villa sign striker Wesley from Club Brugge for a club record 22m.
    Katrien is making them money already! The fans can definitely look forward to their rating going up every season
    She's replacing him with Polish Pete.
  • sam3110 said:

@RealMadrid in this transfer window:

📝 Eden Hazard [€100m]

📝 Luka Jović [€65m]

📝 Eder Militao [€50m]

📝 Rodrygo [€54m]

📝 Ferland Mendy [€48m]

Obviously their squad needed to be improved and some players will leave, but that's over 200m on players who currently you'd expect to be subs.

Mendy ahead of Marcelo?
    Marcelo and Benzema are only 31!

Although i agree their best years are likely behind them.
  • QPR have signed Lee Wallace from Rangers and Livingston goalkeeper Liam Kelly.
  • sam3110 said:

@RealMadrid in this transfer window:

📝 Eden Hazard [€100m]

📝 Luka Jović [€65m]

📝 Eder Militao [€50m]

📝 Rodrygo [€54m]

📝 Ferland Mendy [€48m]

Mendy ahead of Marcelo?
    Marcelo and Benzema are only 31!

Although i agree their best years are likely behind them.
    Ok maybe retirement is a stretch, but both will be off at the end of their next contract, probably to CSL, MLS or the J-League
  • edited June 2019
    Good point , well made !
  • Left back Andrew from Donny to Fleetwood .. bit of a surprise move .. suggests that Fleetwood has quite a bit of cash pumped in for the new season .. if we can't get Purrington, Andrew could/would have been a very good alternative
  • Donny really are losing their squad from last season at the moment

Be surprised if they kept John Marquis either way but Butler | Marosi | Andrew (all part of the Defence) have all been lost already from the team that lost to us in the Semi-Finals 
  • Wilkes gone back to Leeds too
  • Sponsored links:

• Donny really are losing their squad from last season at the moment

Be surprised if they kept John Marquis either way but Butler | Marosi | Andrew (all part of the Defence) have all been lost already from the team that lost to us in the Semi-Finals 
    To be fair, their defence was probably the weakest area.
  • sam3110 said:
    Wilkes gone back to Leeds too
    And Kane back to Liverpool!
  • https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/manchester-city-agree-big-compensation-deal-for-16-year-old-millwall-winger/

Millwall lose one of their talented youngster to City. They will get a fee for him,
    Sometimes you wonder why smaller clubs bother with academies.

If he's as good as i've read then he would probably have made their first team squad in a year, now they've lost him for an initial 600k, a pretty low sum that is pocket change for Mansour.

The second Millwall kid to move to City in the past year, and both have gone for a combined initial total of less than 1m. 
    It is a subject I have been banging on about for quite a time. The money must start to flow down the leagues. The compensation must include very large payments if players start playing in higher leagues or get sold on for big money.

At the moment it’s a joke.

I see Rangers are already looking at the possibility that Aribo will be sold on in a couple of years and earn them millions.
  • https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/manchester-city-agree-big-compensation-deal-for-16-year-old-millwall-winger/

Millwall lose one of their talented youngster to City. They will get a fee for him,

If he's as good as i've read then he would probably have made their first team squad in a year, now they've lost him for an initial 600k, a pretty low sum that is pocket change for Mansour.

The second Millwall kid to move to City in the past year, and both have gone for a combined initial total of less than 1m. 
    When all clubs other than those in the PL close their academies, maybe the FA will get the message.

Brentford don't bother for example, they just rely on picking up talented young players for their B team
  • Millwall lose another talented youngster to Shrewsbury.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48693986
  • edited June 2019
    Redrobo said:
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/manchester-city-agree-big-compensation-deal-for-16-year-old-millwall-winger/

It is a subject I have been banging on about for quite a time. The money must start to flow down the leagues. The compensation must include very large payments if players start playing in higher leagues or get sold on for big money.

At the moment it’s a joke.

I see Rangers are already looking at the possibility that Aribo will be sold on in a couple of years and earn them millions.
    Absolutely agree.  I would actually say £2M should be minimum compensation in these cases, that way lower league clubs get more and higher clubs are more selective and likely to really invest in the new player.  It is the worst singular rule change that was made by the EFL in recent years.  Plus, as i have said before why not tax players earning say, £1m pa an additional 10% of their net salaries which goes back to the clubs that developed them pro rata for the number of years they spent there.
  • Millwall lose another talented youngster to Shrewsbury.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48693986
    Looks like they'll be paying the difference on his salary, hence the loan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stewart Downing has joined Blackburn on a free from Boro. 
  • Stewart Downing has joined Blackburn on a free from Boro. 
    Another youngster like Walcott who'll come good

• Quality signing for our new rivals Rangers.

Will obviously crap my pants if they later tweet something along the lines of 'how about another signing'

• Cor its all happening today, Matt Clarke to Brighton done deal. I think that's an excellent bit of business for Seagulls, he was a class above in league1 imo and with the kind of money they have they can afford to take a chance 

• Huddersfield have signed Leyton Orients Josh Koroma, he was Bonnes strike partner from last season 

• Grant McCann signed for Hull, ex Donny manager. On a 12 month rolling contract
  • Always think done deals get lost among rumours, so like last year I thought I would start a new thread for any non charlton related completed deals
    So pretty much every confirmed deal apart from five or six weeks 
  • Quality shirt that
  • edited June 2019
    Yeah it's lovely