Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Patrick Bauer (**Confirmed Leaving Pg 2**)

Comments

• To be expected, in my opinion he was overrated by many, a solid defender and nothing more, was poor technically and so slow, think Lockyer can be on par if not better. Great last touch for us though!!
  • edited June 2019
    Really disappointed but not surprised - As I said in the Preview prior to Wembley; the players had a chance to become legends... Both Purrington and Bauer will be remembered the same way we think of Shirtliff and Mendonca

Been one of my favourite players in recent seasons

Guess the contract renewals are Taylor and JFC
  • Forever linked with Wembley and THAT goal. Thanks for your efforts Pat and best of luck for the future, you deserve it.
  • Really disappointed but not surprised - As I said in the Preview prior to Wembley; the players had a chance to become legends... Both Purrington and Bauer will be remembered the same way we think of Shirtliff and Mendonca

Been one of my favourite players in recent seasons

Guess the contract renewals are Taylor and JFC
    Do you mean an improved contract for Lyle as he is under contract for next season already ?
  • Replaceable but would have been good to keep the side together particularly the spine.
    Would prefer to keep Aribo if there’s a choice but he’ll be off too no doubt. 
  • Disappointed but not unexpected. Pearce, Sarr, Bielik + 1 other would do for me
  • Worried about Sarr in the Championship!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks and good luck----- can't be many last touches for a club that have been so important
    Other than Roland signing off the contract to sell the club.
  • Bauer has been a superb for us. Can't understand the comments that he's not at all. Been absolutely faultless!

Great few headers from corners too!
  • Thank you BFG for that Wembley moment. It will last a lifetime! 
  • Another one that really improved under Bowyer. Couldn't ask for a better ending as a Charlton player. Good luck BFG. 
  • Bauer has been a superb for us. Can't understand the comments that he's not at all. Been absolutely faultless!

Great few headers from corners too!
    I think superb is a bit excessive. Checking the CL statbank, he was 7th with 6.95 which feels about right.
  • Gumbo said:
    Guess a flag at the back of the north upper with the goals minutes and Greg quote say “we’ve done it Tel” would be a fitting tribute 
    Behave he was good and he gave us a great moment by league 1 standards but there’s many more in front of him. Good luck pat a warm applause when you return then on to business 
  • Forever remembered for that slip against Wimbledon. 
  • Sponsored links:

• would not be a shock if he went back to his homeland.

Will be missed and oh so hard to replace with want little money Bowyer has left to play with.

• would not be a shock if he went back to his homeland.

Will be missed and oh so hard to replace with want little money Bowyer has left to play with.

I thought that. Maybe the fact he and his wife have just had a child might want to move back.
  • Thought someone said he was going to Blackburn?
  • Pretty sure Preston will announce him tomorrow. 
  • No surprise really. Signed off in the best way possible. 
    Like.
  • What a way to leave though. 
    A moment we will remember forever. 
    Good luck paddy and many thanks for everything. 
    He's a German, mate.
  • We are where we are till Roland fucks off. We cannot expect to recruit or retain at the market rate when he is scrimping. We just need to hope for a takeover and in the meantime put our faith in Bowyer to work his oracle with freebies and the needy and desperate. It can be done. I’m just sorry to see our promotion team being ripped apart but it was always gong to happen give the amount of loanees. Bowyer is well connected so let’s hope he can attract another team of winners. 

You’ve got to remember that these guys (Aribo, Bauer etc) much as we love them, have excelled in league 1. There’s no guarantee that they will make it any higher. Aribo in particular may get found out. He’ll get kicked shitless in Scotland. Bauer is an excellent centre half but there are plenty more out there. I don’t think he’s exceptional. Would have been nice if he’d stuck around for romantic reasons but if he’s getting four times the salary elsewhere good luck to him. 
    In the meantime we buy players that have been kicking a football three divisions below the Championship.
  • edited June 2019
    Pretty sure Preston will announce him tomorrow. 
    Preston are by far the most attractive of the clubs linked with him. Well run, and expected to really go for promotion this season.
  • Tend to agree with Bart re not breaking the bank to keep him, shame though as money is seems to be the motivator. In his defence he may be going to a bigger club budget wise, with more ambition, which you can understand and that he couldn’t wait around for the takeover that never seems to happen.