Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Still a drastic move in terms of his personal life though!

You would expect Plymouth to be one of the promotion favourites this season, indeed them getting relegated was a massive surprise really
  • Bury short of cash. Wouldn’t be surprised if he hasn’t been paid for ages. 
    Bury FC is in a real mess and probably always will be given its proximity to so many big clubs as well as so many equally small ones in the EFL
    Plymouth is a bit of a sleeping giant with little local competition. Lowe has made a good move. Let's hope if he's successful at the Pilgrims, he actually gets paid for his efforts ((:>) 
  • I thought Bury had a bit behind them now and were stupid to be relegated from League One in the first place

i.e. they had a few big names like Jermaine Beckford and Chris Maguire in that squad
  • Due in High Court next week to face a winding up petition over unpaid debts
    Up to 12 staff have been issued with 'possible upcoming redundancy' letters.
    Players and staff have gone months without pay at times this year.

The fans trust have been pleading with the main creditor to file for administration.

Bleak times for Bury, despite promotion.
  • Near neighbours of Bolton, and both in a similar financial mess, despite one being relegated to L1 and the other promoted to L1.
  • Nigel Atkins leaving Hull City at the end of the month.

Plenty of openings within the Championship and the season hasnt even started yet
    apparently eyeing up Paul Heckinbottom although Hibs will demand compensation which may put hull off 
  • Lots of rumours  that Garry Monk has been sacked at Birmingham, i suppose Lee Bowyer will be linked with them now.
  • Lots of rumours  that Garry Monk has been sacked at Birmingham, i suppose Lee Bowyer will be linked with them now.
    he won the league cup with them in 2011 so i'd imagine he'd be a popular choice with the fans
    Done a good job there, sacking him would be ludicrous. Sacking Monk to bring in Bowyer makes no real sense.

Him walking on the other hand...
  • Bilic to West Brom
  • Sponsored links:

• Chelsea have agreed a deal in principle with Juventus for Sarri...
    Read the other day that Chelsea were only going to agree a deal with Juventus if they can with Derby.

So guessing if they have come to an agreement with Juventus that Lampard will be Chelsea manager next season
  • Bowyer to Derby and Nobby Vinegar to us, its all falling into place. 
    Was agreed a month ago apparently. Sounds like Sarri and Chelsea came to an agreement after the league cup final nonsense that if he got the chance to go back to Italy they wouldn’t stand in his way. Juve came to him almost immediately after the Allegri announcement 
  • Woodgate confirmed as Boro manager
  • Woodgate confirmed as Boro manager
    Robbie Keane as his assistant. Be an interesting one to see how that pans out and they've promised to play attacking football and to score a load of goals.
  • Sage said:
    Woodgate confirmed as Boro manager
    Robbie Keane as his assistant. Be an interesting one to see how that pans out and they've promised to play attacking football and to score a load of goals.
    That will be quite a change as they've been a bit dull and defensive for years!
  • Sage said:
    That’s Tony “Dinosaur” Pulis for you. 
  • Sage said:
    That’s Tony “Dinosaur” Pulis for you. 
    Also Karanka...
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48655941

Conte's assistant Angelo Alessio takes over at Kilmarnock, replacing Steve Clarke

Interestingly Alex Dyer is still there as assistant, combining that with his role with Scotland
  • Sponsored links:

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48682048

Monk sacked by Birmingham. Madness
    Birmingham fans appear to be absolutely fuming at this decision.
  • Could be a decent option for Derby if Lampard leaves.
    I remember when Monk looked like he has a great future after a good season at Leeds. All downhill ever since. 
  • BBC Sport today has this:-

Xavier Calm, a little-known coach whose last job was in charge of Spanish third-tier side UE Cornella, is the bookmakers' favourite to replace Garry Monk, who was sacked by Birmingham City on Tuesday. (Birmingham Mail)

Crazy.
  • iaitch said:
    BBC Sport today has this:-

Xavier Calm, a little-known coach whose last job was in charge of Spanish third-tier side UE Cornella, is the bookmakers' favourite to replace Garry Monk, who was sacked by Birmingham City on Tuesday. (Birmingham Mail)

Crazy.
    https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-next-manager-xavi-16450133

This article seems to suggest that he would take over the U23s and that assistant Pep Clotet is more likely. Clotet was Oxford Manager for 6 months before being sacked, with a certain Karl Robinson taking over, which certainly worked out well for us!
  • iaitch said:
    BBC Sport today has this:-

Crazy.
    Sounds like Birmingham are about to have their Karel Fraeye moment.
  • Sounds like cost cutting to me. Lets hope it puts Brum in the relegation mix.