Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton DVD/Blu-Ray 18/19 Season

Do the club still issue these? It has been a very long time since I brought one. I think there would be a lot of interest if they were to produce one for this season. Probably shift a few copies of the Play Off Final too if that were to be released.

Comments

• PopIcon said:
    Do the club still issue these? It has been a very long time since I brought one. I think there would be a lot of interest if they were to produce one for this season. Probably shift a few copies of the Play Off Final too if that were to be released.

Posted something similar yesterday. What with everything being available to download on social media sites I guess the club may be thinking if it's financially viable. But I for one, would certainly buy a DVD.
  • When compared to 1998, the game itself was far less interesting. For example I can't imagine myself wanting to rewatch the whole of the second half many times!
  • Would love a play off final special DVD. Build up, full match, post game celebrations and interviews etc.
  • Few weeks ago I honestly thought about using the highlight clips from other teams YouTube etc. to put together my own version with any proceeds going to the Upbeats (minus materials needed)...

I abandoned it though as had a feeling that Copyright might play a serious issue so didnt think it would be worth the hassle
  • Think this is the sort of thing Valley Pass is for now. A lot cheaper to produce than DVDs I would have thought.
  • A DVD like they did for the 98 play off final would be good.  I've only recorded the game on the tele box, so saving it long term is going to be a issue.

The nerd in me would like all the seasons they never bothered to release to complete the collection, but I don't expect that will ever happen.  If you want to watch past games now it means coughing up for an ongoing subscription to Charlton's online video service (which I won't pay for under the current owner).
  • Was thinking really of a season's highlights CD but with special emphasis on the pay-offs and of course Wembley.
  • If you look on the Valley Pass Q&A it says:-

"Season reviews have been produced since the late 1980s, so whilst we recognise the most recent season might not provide fans with the greatest entertainment, it’s important to continue the tradition which is important to many fans. Therefore season reviews for the previous seasons will be put into production in the future. An announcement will be made in the future when they do go into production. "

I wonder whatever happened to that promise as I'm still waiting for the 15/16 one and subsequent ones! :-

Not expecting that anyone will ever get round to doing that now (unless Airman gets re-employed!) but a goals package for this year with the whole final would be good. 

• It's certainly the first season which anyone will want to remember and reminisce about for a long time!
  • I tweeted the club and asked if there were any plans for a DVD of the game, will post any response on here
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:
    I tweeted the club and asked if there were any plans for a DVD of the game, will post any response on here
    In about 6 months time.
  • Misses got me the game already got the semis and final used him before for the 98 game
    https://www.freewebs.com/footballontap/chtock.htm
  • Right. And in English?
  • jwilkes83 said:
    Misses got me the game already got the semis and final used him before for the 98 game
    Not many Charlton wins in there.
  • Last one we brought out was 14/15, the last time we survived in the Championship. I am not too sure that either 15/16 or 16/17 would have sold too many. Possibly 17/18 might have sold a little more. Bit 18/19 for sure would. Plus a play-off final special.
  • Last one we brought out was 14/15, the last time we survived in the Championship. I am not too sure that either 15/16 or 16/17 would have sold too many. Possibly 17/18 might have sold a little more. Bit 18/19 for sure would. Plus a play-off final special.
    Would you take a 90 minutes semi in Doncaster?
  • I think the final itself was not a good game and I would have no interest in watching it. But a yes to the whole season highlights, don't think I've bought one of them since twathead bought the club, didn't realise they hadn't been producing them.
  • PopIcon said:
    jwilkes83 said:
    Misses got me the game already got the semis and final used him before for the 98 game
    Agree but what else is there tbh maybe screen record off YouTube and create your own season highlight reel lol. Until the club realises people actual want season highlight dvds they won't do them again. Can you see them doing one for the playoffs I cant
  • jwilkes83 said:
    PopIcon said:
    jwilkes83 said:
    Agree but what else is there tbh maybe screen record off YouTube and create your own season highlight reel lol. Until the club realises people actual want season highlight dvds they won't do them again. Can you see them doing one for the playoffs I cant
    I'm not complaining, was merely an observation. Historically we have never been very good on the tele.