Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Women’s World Cup

Comments

• Manchester United's women's team recently lost 9-0 to the Salford City Academy team.

Australia's National women's team lot 7-0 to an U15 team.

The USA women's team lost 5-2 to the FC Dallas U15 team.

It's not just the physicality that makes it impossible for women to ever play on a level playing field with men.

The codes could never be merged due to the fact that there would be no women playing in either professional, semi-pro or amateur football.

It just needs to be accepted for what it is.

• I reckon a physical freak will occur and we'll have a woman playing in the men's game before too long, but it would be an unusual occurrence and not the norm
  • Up to the age of 11 in my experience of the Tandridge League covering Kent, Surrey and a few London teams, the four or five girls who played in boys teams were at least equal if not superior to the boys. After this age the sexes go their own way for obvious reasons and the differences of the genders are XY and XX.

I will be amazed to see bigger mistakes made by the women in this WC than I have seen from De Gea and Loris and the John Stones suicidal way of defending including Charlton's comical own goal (we can lol about it now)

Enjoy the Women's WC but don't compare the sexes.
  • Nearly a nice bit of nominative determinism from the Uruguayan ref. 
  • I think the cameraman is in love with the France captain. 
  • France look very good but South Korea look terrible defensively.
  • If I was the French coach, I’d be telling my forwards to press up on the Korean back line. There are John Stones-esque disasters in the making there. 
  • I've tried watching women's football I really have, but it always looks like it's being played in slow motion!
  • Could be a cricket score here. 
  • That was way too long to decide
  • Sponsored links:

• Could be a cricket score here. 
    Or not. 
  • Korea are pretty awful - technically poor and very naive. Goalkeeper shocking.
  • I've tried watching women's football I really have, but it always looks like it's being played in slow motion!
    Are you watching France tonight ?
  • Correct decison but took far to long,

It didnt need to take that long either.

TBH at first I was certain it was onside, but as soon as I saw the picture with line it was clear it was offside.

TBH at first I was certain it was onside, but as soon as I saw the picture with line it was clear it was offside.
    Its frustrating we only got the picture with the line at the very end... We need to see more replays of the incident whilst its being decided, like last night there is nothing more irritating than just watching the ref whilst they hold their finger to their ear
  • France look very strong technically - this is a good advert for the woman's game and it's great to see a full stadium. Hope this world cup gives the women players the recognition they deserve.
  • Van Dijk's doppelganger scores the second 

Same here. Thought it was onside. The fans celebrated they even played the stadium music. I went to the kitchen and when i came back seen that they were waiting for VAR. 
    Fine it was the right decision but how are fans meant to react/celebrate when 5mins later its ruled out. 

• Looks like Renard can score from every corner.
  • Van Dijk's doppelganger scores the second 
    And the third.
    Superb corner from France to hit their 6ft 1in CB again
  • Sponsored links:

• Renard is the fox in the box.
  • Can we sign Renard?
  • Alex Scott is beautiful 
  • France very impressive - Korea completely outclassed.
  • Hope Solo is incredibly irritating.
  • edited June 2019
    I'd never heard of Hope Solo before, so I just googled her & saw a lot more of her than I was expecting! 
  • edited June 2019
    Hope Solo is incredibly irritating.
    Which one is she?  Ignore that, just found out she’s the septic. 

• I'd never heard of Hope Solo before, so I just googled her & saw a lot more of her than I was expecting! 
     Don't know what you're searching but not adding any rude words returns nothing like what your post suggests. 
  • Maybe @Gravesend_Addick accidently typed Hands Solo :wink:
  • Great finish.