Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season Tickets

Told by ticket office this morning that prices will rise on Sunday 9th June

Comments

• Told by ticket office this morning that prices will rise on Sunday 9th June
    Thats the date the gave in the online article as well.

League 1 prices till 8th June then Championship prices on 9th
  • I think I'll write and complain, mine hasn't arrived yet

• weve been told there will be 0 money spent similar to last year, we have 10 players and yet people are still buying season tickets - i wont bother will just continue to buy underage as i do now as and when i want to go, at least i see the team and give toss chops minimal amount of money 
    Sorry if I upset you. Only sharing info .
  • weve been told there will be 0 money spent similar to last year, we have 10 players and yet people are still buying season tickets - i wont bother will just continue to buy underage as i do now as and when i want to go, at least i see the team and give toss chops minimal amount of money 
    In what way, did i say i was upset, just saying that you were told the same as the site so its accurate
    In what way, did i say i was upset, just saying that you were told the same as the site so its accurate
    If you look at my post you will see I was quoting Palarsehater
    not a problem just commenting on the info shared.
    If you look at my post you will see I was quoting Palarsehater
    My mistake, i read it wrong I apologise
  • Family section is almost sold out which is good for the future one would hope. 
  • buckshee said:
    Family section is almost sold out which is good for the future one would hope. 
    Hopefully you are right. 
    I must admit that over the last couple of years there appears to be far more younger supporters than in the past.
    I know I'm getting old and everyone looks young but I still believe we can have a bright future when Shitweasel departs with all the younger supporters we seem to be  attracting. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Definitely a lot more younger supporters in recent times.  Long may it continue. 
  • stonemuse said:
    Definitely a lot more younger supporters in recent times.  Long may it continue. 
    Yep and at Wembley the amount of VERY young fans was noticeable.
  • stonemuse said:
    Definitely a lot more younger supporters in recent times.  Long may it continue. 
    Yep and at Wembley the amount of VERY young fans was noticeable.
    It would be a shame to knock the will to live out of these youngsters but our owner has history here. Nothing has changed Roly didn’t expect this problem last August and I would have thought he will be making it a very tough budget for next season. 
    I will wait and see what pans in 6 weeks time before committing to a season ticket. I don’t mind paying more for season ticket if we actually have a squad of players that can play at this level but I’m not going to pretend we are suddenly on an upswing. 
  • Prices to continue to rise. Despite the spin, and other than Lower North, all other sections seem to regularly rise. they are generally 10% above last year year already with more price rises promised. And before anybody says you would expect them to increase as a higher division, RD also put them up when we got relegated. 
    I think this is true but actually haven't kept a record, I must admit. 
    Having said that I don't think our prices are higher than comparable clubs
  • edited June 2019
    redman said:
    Prices to continue to rise. Despite the spin, and other than Lower North, all other sections seem to regularly rise. they are generally 10% above last year year already with more price rises promised. And before anybody says you would expect them to increase as a higher division, RD also put them up when we got relegated. 
    I don’t think prices are high compared to other clubs but that argument has always been based on a misunderstanding of the market. I don’t consider going to Millwall - or Middlesbrough - instead based on their prices. Charlton’s pricing over many years has always reflected demand.

Might be an unpopular view but as far as I’m concerned the lower north price is silly. It doesn’t maximise revenue and encourages people to downgrade. You could make an argument for holding on to people at any price in the circumstances of 2016 and 2017, but I don’t think the business case stacks up. The club would probably get more from some of the season ticket holders there by pricing them out, as a percentage would become casual purchasers. Some are already casual attenders, and the price facilitates that.
  • redman said:
    Prices to continue to rise. Despite the spin, and other than Lower North, all other sections seem to regularly rise. they are generally 10% above last year year already with more price rises promised. And before anybody says you would expect them to increase as a higher division, RD also put them up when we got relegated. 
    I don’t think prices are high compared to other clubs but that argument has always been based on a misunderstanding of the market. I don’t consider going to Millwall - or Middlesbrough - instead based on their prices. Charlton’s pricing over many years has always reflected demand.

Might be an unpopular view but as far as I’m concerned the lower north price is silly. It doesn’t maximise revenue and encourages people to downgrade. You could make an argument for holding on to people at any price in the circumstances of 2016 and 2017, but I don’t think the business case stacks up. The club would probably get more from some of the season ticket holders there by pricing them out, as a percentage would become casual purchasers. Some are already casual attenders, and the price facilitates that.
    Personally i'm fine with cheap season tickets being available in the North Lower. Given how season ticket sales have plummeted while RD has been here it's the ideal location for fans to come back and not be priced out of going. Casual purchasers would only go to a handful of games while at least those with a season ticket would likely stay in the routine of going to The Valley every other Saturday though I suspect you may be referring to the people who will still only pick and choose there games even with a season ticket which is a fair point you make.

The other thing of course, how good did it look against Donny when Bielik nodded us in front with the whole sold out North going into raptures? It looks great on TV too and no doubt gives the players a lift. Remember how empty the North Lower looked when we had the £150 East A & B season tickets? Sorry for the language but frankly when we scored in front of an empty North Lower it looked crap. The North Upper and Lower is our 12th man and i'm fine with the club doing what it takes to get it filled. Yes I have read the argument that crowds don't win games and that's correct they don't as we lost against Donny but over 23 games you will more than likely win more than you lose.
  • edited June 2019
    redman said:

Personally i'm fine with cheap season tickets being available in the North Lower. Given how season ticket sales have plummeted while RD has been here it's the ideal location for fans to come back and not be priced out of going. Casual purchasers would only go to a handful of games while at least those with a season ticket would likely stay in the routine of going to The Valley every other Saturday though I suspect you may be referring to the people who will still only pick and choose there games even with a season ticket which is a fair point you make.

The other thing of course, how good did it look against Donny when Bielik nodded us in front with the whole sold out North going into raptures? It looks great on TV too and no doubt gives the players a lift. Remember how empty the North Lower looked when we had the £150 East A & B season tickets? Sorry for the language but frankly when we scored in front of an empty North Lower it looked crap. The North Upper and Lower is our 12th man and i'm fine with the club doing what it takes to get it filled. Yes I have read the argument that crowds don't win games and that's correct they don't as we lost against Donny but over 23 games you will more than likely win more than you lose.
    Yes, the cheapest season tickets being in the east and west was utter nonsense. A lot of time and work had been put into the ticket prices by many people over many years and unfortunately this was the cast aside in favour of whims by people who had no understanding of any of it. The pricing structure instituted by Ben Kensell was ridiculously over-complicated and consequently has been progressively unwound.
  • redman said:

When safe standing is allowed, the lower North will be the perfect place. Behind the goal for atmosphere and "TV pictures" and the worst home seating in the ground anyway
  • Since the budget 'revalation' I've decided to not purchase, will go to a handful of games but I'd rather pay on the day if the money isn't going to good use 
  • shine166 said:
    Since the budget 'revalation' I've decided to not purchase, will go to a handful of games but I'd rather pay on the day if the money isn't going to good use 
    That’s the spirit chief...
  • Sponsored links:

• As soon as Roly goes, I’m buying a ST
  • Oh to have more passionate fans.
    Fans not satisfied that we only lose between £5m & £10M per annum.
    They won't go to every game unless we're losing £10M to £15M or more.
  • edited June 2019
    shine166 said:
    Since the budget 'revalation' I've decided to not purchase, will go to a handful of games but I'd rather pay on the day if the money isn't going to good use 
    Well on top of that im never going to attend every game and even the 9 to break even isnt a given with a 4 month old baby to raise. Would rather pay £25 5/6 times during the season when il actually be able to attend. Ive not preached either way so theres no need for people to get pissy with me... im hardly going to change my mind because strangers on the internet are dissapointed. 
  • Oh to have more passionate fans.
    Fans not satisfied that we only lose between £5m & £10M per annum.
    They won't go to every game unless we're losing £10M to £15M or more.
    Always moaning 
  • edited June 2019
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Well on top of that im never going to attend every game and even the 9 to break even isnt a given with a 4 month old baby to raise. Would rather pay £25 5/6 times during the season when il actually be able to attend. Ive not preached either way so theres no need for people to get pissy with me... im hardly going to change my mind because strangers on the internet are dissapointed. 
    So it's more to do with your budget than Charlton's budget.

If you had told the truth then you wouldn't have got pissy comments.

If you had said you would love to be there most games to back the team, but don't have the time nor the money with a 4 month baby, everyone would have agreed with you.
  • edited June 2019
    shine166 said:
    I've noticed you getting increasingly sarcy recently. Are you on the blob?
  • edited June 2019
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

If you had said you would love to be there most games to back the team, but don't have the time nor the money with a 4 month baby. Everyone would have agreed with you.
    Lol told the truth, are you my fkin mum and I'm 12 ?.

If money was going in the pot I'd happily pay my 220 and risk only doing 5 games. But as it's not, what's the fkin point ? In the come back thread I've ready mentioned the intent of trying to do 9 games to break even. 

If I do those 9 games on a mach by match basis I've spent more than the season ticket, so as it's all about the club making money you should be happy. 

I'm glad it's the fans fault we are in so much debt and nobody elses. 

• shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

If you had said you would love to be there most games to back the team, but don't have the time nor the money with a 4 month baby, everyone would have agreed with you.
    You're another one that seems to be spending a lot of time lately digging out other fans. What's up, is AFKA on the blob?
  • Off_it said:
    shine166 said:
    I've noticed you getting increasingly sarcy recently. Are you on the blob?
    The change