Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Europa League 2018/2019

Comments

• I'd love to know what UEFA have said about this Mkhitaryan situation.

No doubt they'll just brush it under the carpet and say it would've been fine and it's the players choice not to go.
    They'd have a different attitude if Messi or Ronaldo had to miss a final for this sort of reason
  • Nothing new for Arsenal, Getting Dennis Bergkamp to away games in Eastern Europe was always a problem.
    Agreed about brown envelopes still working well in world football.
  • edited May 2019
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48403312

What a farce. Hilarious that the Baku authorities are suggesting this as the alternative route to the match

Local authorities in Baku have told European football's governing body Uefa they have organised "an alternative option for supporters of both clubs to reach Baku," Chelsea explained.
    That would mean flying to Tbilisi in neighbouring Georgia then using ground transportation to Baku. That is a distance of some 580km and often made by a 12-hour overnight train service.
  • Let's hope Southeastern don't run that service.
  • Predictions?

I’m going for Giroud to score the deciding goal, 2-1 or 3-2.
  • edited May 2019

Streaming Info if anyone not aware:

BT have confirmed that the Europa League final and the Champions League final on June 1 will be shown for free online.

The game will be made free-to-air across BT Sport channels from 6.30pm.

Fans can watch the match for free via the BT Sport app, streamed online at BTSport.com and their YouTube account*, and on Virgin TV.

* I'll be watching via Now TV

• edited May 2019
    I’m pretty certain I’m only watching this because I know that football will be over soon and I need to take what I can get. I’m trying to think if I’ve ever actually cared who wins the UEFA/Europa cup and, apart from when Rangers were in the 2008 final, I think the answer is “no”.

Will probably turn it off half way through and watch the highlights from Sunday for the 200th time.
  • tinpot joke of a country. so it makes sense to have these two clubs playing there. 
  • 3 European finals in 2019......3 x all premier league affairs 
    super cup could be a north London Derby....in Istanbul 
  • The prize of the CL place for Arsenal is the big thing tonight. Whether that gives them the edge or not is debatable
  • Sponsored links:

•  Camera must be on a helicopter. Wtf.
  • Sounds like it’s being played behind closed doors, ridiculous choice of venue 
  • 11PM in Baku

Weird time to kick off
  • No surprise to see tons of empty seats around the stadium
  • I predict everyone falls asleep just after midnight.
  • This feels like a preseason friendly somewhere in Asia.

• 11PM in Baku

Weird time to kick off
    Not really, any earlier and it’ll be 30 degrees or so in Baku. 
  • 11PM in Baku

Weird time to kick off
    I think big matches all kick off at the same time, done for the benefit of UK and Western European viewers
  • Not really bothered who wins but here's hoping it's arsenal for @johnnybev1987
  • Sponsored links:

• Watching live on YouTube is a first for me. 
  • 11PM in Baku

Weird time to kick off
    I think big matches all kick off at the same time, done for the benefit of UK and Western European viewers
    Again makes the decision to have it in Baku stupid
  • Talal said:
    Watching live on YouTube is a first for me. 
    Me too, not sure I believe the “4K UHD” in the top right hand corner however 
  • My 1st thought was pen

Seeing the 2nd replay it clearly wasnt one
  • Shocking atmosphere. Or lack of it. Ridiculous decision to host a major European final in bloody Baku
  • Laddick01 said:
     Camera must be on a helicopter. Wtf.
    Its like watching a computer game
  • Yes, feels like a friendly :(
  • se9addick said:
    Talal said:
    I feel like I’m watching a shit prototype version of FIFA 
  • edited May 2019
    se9addick said:
    Talal said:
    I feel like I’m watching a shit prototype version of FIFA 
    More like sensible soccer.

• Watching this match reminds me of my son playing FIFA with his mates. Don’t know about anyone else, but I’m finding it a boring match