Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gavin and Stacey Xmas special

For those like myself who are interested Gavin and Stacey will return for a christmas special

Nessa and Smithy son will be 11
Gavin and Staceys child will be 9 I believe

Will we finally learn about the fishing trip.

Not much around Christmas time on TV I look forward to but will be looking forward to this

Comments

• For those like myself who are interested Gavin and Stacey will return for a christmas special

Nessa and Smithy son will be 11
    Gavin and Staceys child will be 9 I believe

Will we finally learn about the fishing trip.

Not much around Christmas time on TV I look forward to but will be looking forward to this
    Was a bit surprised but I am looking forward to it. 

I think you are about right with the kids ages, but Nessa and Smithy will also have a second won't they? Pretty sure she was pregnant in the final scenes. 
  • Being fat, loud, Welsh, wet, mockney, promiscuous, or any combination of the 6 does not funny make, for that you need script, direction, novelty.  All lacking.
    Loss offensive than Friends, less annoying than Mrs Brown.  They can have that for the poster.
    Another 30 minutes of the "festive" schedule to be missed 
  • Lush, it’s meant to be ,what with Charlton going to Swansea and Cardiff next season.
  • Being fat, loud, Welsh, wet, mockney, promiscuous, or any combination of the 6 does not funny make, for that you need script, direction, novelty.  All lacking.
    Loss offensive than Friends, less annoying than Mrs Brown.  They can have that for the poster.
    Another 30 minutes of the "festive" schedule to be missed 
    Humbug
  • Pal of mine was an Extra on Stella. The lady playing the lead role was difficult to work with. Won't replicate exact language used but she was less than complimentary... 
  • Just when I thought nothing could ruin my good mood after Sunday.
  • Love the show, have grown to hate Corden since though. Hope they do the original justice, I fear they won’t. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Can’t wait. Love it. 
  • Offered myself for a threesome with Pete and Dawn. 
  • I 'll just make an omelette 
  • The phrase Jeez Louise makes me want to shoot myself in the face
  • no Sheridan Smith apparently
  • no Sheridan Smith apparently
    oh well..
  • Xmas specials 10 years down the line are always a disappointment. John Cleese knew when to call it a day & G&S should have done so too. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2019
    A very good point. A lot of people, me included will say, why didn't they make more Fawlty Towers? And the answer is just what you have said, John Cleese knew it was as good as it could ever be and would only go downhill from the point it stopped. It would still have been good, but not great.

I always thought Not Going Out was a good comedy, but its latest run is verging on embaressing. You watch it and you can see Lee Mack writing it. All the characters are Lee Mack! I like Lee Mack, but the show is so tired.
  • A very good point. A lot of people, me included will say, why didn't they make more Fawlty Towers? And the answer is just what you have said, John Cleese knew it was as good as it could ever be and would only go downhill from the point it stopped. It would still have been good, but not great.

I always thought Not Going Out was a good comedy, but its latest run is verging on embaressing. You watch it and you can see Lee Mack writing it. All the characters are Lee Mack! I like Lee Mack, but the show is so tired.
    Havent watched not going out since Lee and Lucy got together.

It started to go downhill when Tim Vine left and was even worse when Lee and Lucy got together
  • Used to like it, but can't watch James Corden nowadays without wanting to stick my foot through the telly
  • A very good point. A lot of people, me included will say, why didn't they make more Fawlty Towers? And the answer is just what you have said, John Cleese knew it was as good as it could ever be and would only go downhill from the point it stopped. It would still have been good, but not great.

He was on Graham Norton last Friday & said they've just been signed up for another THREE series. He writes then with a friend & plots are often incidents from real life. 

Stop saying Lee Mack
    What Lee Mack?
  • Lee Mack is a genius in stand-up and as a panellist on quiz shows, but Not Going Out is embarrassing 
  • I agree - I have seen him live and he is brilliant. And Not Going Out was very good - the point is it has gone past its sell by date.