Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Away Days 19/20

so what’s a new one for you?
what ones are you looking forward to?

Barnsley 
Birmingham
 Blackburn 
Brentford
Bristol c
Cardiff
Derby
Fulham
Huddersfield
Hull
Leeds
Luton
Boro
Millwall
Forest
Preston
QPR
Reading
Sheff W
Stoke
Swansea
West Brom
Wigan

Comments

• Cardiff
    Hull
    Wigan 

are still on my to do list
  • Leeds and Huddersfield for sure, hopefully Preston and Wigan as some how I have never been to either. 
  • Stoke and Leeds top of my list haven't been to either yet

Jesus, how much better is the league!!
  • I'm potentially taking my wife up to Manchester for a work conference in september, if Charlton are in the North East that day I've told her I'll be going so someone like Blackburn / Leeds / Wigan for me

I'd do Preston too but have already been to Deepdale
  • That fixture list is delightful. It doesn’t actually fill me with uncontrollable excitement; it is just sheer relief that we’re playing proper football teams again.

One last visit to Griffin Park will be great. Fulham and QPR always great. Bristol City and Leeds also stand out.

Just a shame our 3 years down coincided with Villas 3 years in the champ, would’ve been nice to do Villa Park again. Derby away doesn’t do it for me!
  • Looking forward to a local derby at the New Den, packed stand out-singing Millwall again, and a win for our Lee Bowyer inspired team. 
  • Cardiff
    Hull
    Wigan 

are still on my to do list
    Add Swansea to that for me. Still don’t particularly fancy any of them; maybe tick off Cardiff’s new ground
  • edited May 2019
    There's 14 North / Midlands fixtures in there for me. Have never been to either Welsh club and  wont be doing those trips. The only other ground I haven't been to is WBA and hope to tick that off.
  • Swansea, stoke,leeds, derby and wba - will hopefully all be saturday's so can tick them off, wouldn't mind a couple of the london ones midweek/friday nights. 

the championship has evolved now its nice the league 1 clubs but its dire stuff that poxy view and getting cans at half time from the offy at wimbledon for a start, apart from luton and brentford they are all premier league qaulity stadiums - with proper away ends and facilities and decent crowd sizes. 

1st game of the season would be lovely to get fulham away!
  • Milwall
    QPR
    Fulham
    Brentford
    Done all them but will be doing all 4 again as its will be 1st time for @kellycafc

Hoping Swansea or Cardiff will be a Saturday as we like Wales and can make a weekend out of it.

The rest will depend on Money and travel to the games, but hoping to get a new ground or 2 in myself

Hoping we will do 8-10 away games next season
  • Sponsored links:

• I reckon @bobmunro will be up for Stoke away.
  • stonemuse said:
    Looking forward to a local derby at the New Den, packed stand out-singing Millwall again, and a win for our Lee Bowyer inspired team. 
    You must still be drunk from Sunday.
  • Forget about a different division, that list of teams looks like it’s from a different planet to what we’ve been used to in League 1! 

Stoke and Bristol City are the two I need for the 92, queue them being on Tuesday nights in February now! 

Most excited for Leeds away

Least excited for Barnsley or Blackburn away
  • Never been to Derby, Huddersfield, Leeds, Boro, Forest, Stoke, Swansea and West Brom. Been to Leeds and Nottingham for cricket, but not for football!

Looking forward to Bristol City, a very different ground to that on my last visit for the FA Cup game in 1994!

While it's great to be pack at bigger football grounds, I will also miss the homely aspects of L1 football, the terraces and friendly grounds like Fleetwood
  • Never been to Derby, Huddersfield, Leeds, Boro, Forest, Stoke, Swansea and West Brom. Been to Leeds and Nottingham for cricket, but not for football!

Looking forward to Bristol City, a very different ground to that on my last visit for the FA Cup game in 1994!

While it's great to be pack at bigger football grounds, I will also miss the homely aspects of L1 football, the terraces and friendly grounds like Fleetwood
    What??? And I thought you was proper Charlton  ;).
  • As far as away days I'll defo do Huddersfield, Preston, Wigan, Blackburn and Stoke 
  • edited May 2019
    few in there that unless it is of huge significance i wont be attending 

huddersfield 
    reading 
    birmingham 

all 3 have been multiple times so, the 1st 2 are awful places so would rather do others. 
  • edited May 2019
    We want to do every away next year, will add ST's once Duch sells, 
    Cardiff
    Swansea
    Wigan 
    3 new grounds to take me to 81 if the 92, Man City still the biggest I have not been to so them in the cup would be nice. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Just Cardiff for me
  • I'm potentially taking my wife up to Manchester for a work conference in september, if Charlton are in the North East that day I've told her I'll be going so someone like Blackburn / Leeds / Wigan for me

I'd do Preston too but have already been to Deepdale
    So you're going to leave your wife in the North West, while Charlton are playing in the North East? 
  • se9addick said:
    LTKapal said:
    As far as away days I'll defo do Huddersfield, Preston, Wigan, Blackburn and Stoke 
    Are you on a tour of the most depressing places in England? 
    Trying to do my bit for the less fortunate 😉

• LTKapal said:
    se9addick said:
    LTKapal said:
    As far as away days I'll defo do Huddersfield, Preston, Wigan, Blackburn and Stoke 
    Are you on a tour of the most depressing places in England? 
    Trying to do my bit for the less fortunate 😉

Oi!  ;)
  • Brentford
    Fulham
    Bristol City
    Cardiff
    Leeds
    Birmingham 

Not putting myself through the Millwall away misery again, 3 times is already too many 
  • Hull
    Barnsley
    Stoke
    Swansea

are my missing ticks.

• If Leeds is a weekend I'll try to do that. 
  • RedChaser said:
    Never been to Derby, Huddersfield, Leeds, Boro, Forest, Stoke, Swansea and West Brom. Been to Leeds and Nottingham for cricket, but not for football!

What??? And I thought you was proper Charlton  ;).
    Funnily I've been a lot more away games since we got relegated to L1. Never been to Leeds or West Brom, but been to Oldham, Burton, Fleetwood, Rochdale all the glamour grounds!
  • Just need to do Bristol City and Swansea. Looking forward to revisiting Derby, the Brunswick Inn pre match and the Viceroy post game. 
  • Barnsley 
    Bristol c
    Cardiff
    Luton
    Stoke
    Swansea

All left for me to do. I've been to Huddersfield, just not to see Charlton.