Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• As well as the Caine Mutiny I enjoyed the Winds of War and War and remembrance.
    An interesting man.
  • iainment said:
    As well as the Caine Mutiny I enjoyed the Winds of War and War and remembrance.
    An interesting man.
    Sorry for the off topic, but I’m sure I’ve read that The Caine Mutiny was the inspiration for Michael Caine picking his surname - is that right?

RIP Mr Wouk
  • iainment said:
    An interesting man.
    Sorry for the off topic, but I’m sure I’ve read that The Caine Mutiny was the inspiration for Michael Caine picking his surname - is that right?

RIP Mr Wouk
    According to Wikipedia 

Speaking to his agent from a telephone booth in Leicester Square, London, he looked around for inspiration, noted that The Caine Mutiny was being shown at the Odeon Cinema in 1954, and decided to change his name to "Michael Caine".[25]
  • iainment said:
    An interesting man.

RIP Mr Wouk
    According to Wikipedia 

Speaking to his agent from a telephone booth in Leicester Square, London, he looked around for inspiration, noted that The Caine Mutiny was being shown at the Odeon Cinema in 1954, and decided to change his name to "Michael Caine".[25]
    Thanks. Not quite ‘inspiration’ in the way I’d imagined then - I’d assumed he was a big fan!
  •  I read his books years ago and enjoyed them .. R I P