Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trafalgar Square next Sunday night

Sunderland swarmed all over Trafalgar Square before their cup final with Portsmouth a few weeks back.

Thousands of Charlton fans will be travelling back to Charing Cross after the game next Sunday.  Let's make it a sea of Red and White after we have won the game.

Comments

• What could possibly go wrong ?
  • Might go up on Saturday eve for a look, I’m sure there will be a bit of a party atmosphere going on
  • I think it is a good idea to be honest, I don't know why people are taking the urinal.

The spanners and palice think we are a bunch of knobs so let's turn up in our thousands and show the country who we are.
  • edited May 2019
    I think it is a good idea to be honest, I don't know why people are taking the urinal.

The spanners and palice think we are a bunch of knobs so let's turn up in our thousands and show the country who we are.
    Don't care what Sunderland, Palace or any other fans think, it's irrelevant.

We're a London club, not tourists in the Smoke.
    It would be great to have a massive following congregate in and around Trafalgar Square after the game.........”if we win.”
    A good and logical focal point for a bit of a kness-up post game before getting trains home from Charing Cross.....bring it on I say.
    Covent Garden is spitting distance too, with plenty of places for a drink or something to eat.
    I too don’t give a fuck what Palarse and The Spanner’s think but the suggestion to meet up there (if all goes well), is both a sensible and exciting prospect.
  • I think it is a good idea to be honest, I don't know why people are taking the urinal.

It would be great to have a massive following congregate in and around Trafalgar Square after the game.........”if we win.”
    A good and logical focal point for a bit of a kness-up post game before getting trains home from Charing Cross.....bring it on I say.
    Covent Garden is spitting distance too, with plenty of places for a drink or something to eat.
    I too don’t give a fuck what Palarse and The Spanner’s think but the suggestion to meet up there (if all goes well), is both a sensible and exciting prospect.
    Yep.
  • Sponsored links:

• Instead of going to the pub and celebrating ?...hmmm, let me think about that one...
    Last time I looked, there were plenty of pubs close by.
  • After the last Play off with the Mackems I & everyone one I spoke to all agreed that we were shattered & either just wanted to sit in a pub with a beer or get home & we weren't light weights in any sense. 
    That game was something else altogether and most folk from both teams felt the same way.
  • Elfs and his pals next Sunday night -

Still to many people in that photo 

Yes and from the East side of London
  • IF we win, I think I’ll head over to the swan or Charlton village.  I was 16 in 98 and we did have a drink in the princess of Wales and on the heath, but now I’m a bit older, think I would like to experience being in among the faithful 
  • Pelham123 said:
    Further to what Henry is referring to, it would be great if someone could get a scarf around his neck on Sunday.

• Pelham123 said:
    Further to what Henry is referring to, it would be great if someone could get a scarf around his neck on Sunday.

I bet he didn't do a method statement.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pelham123 said:
    Would have to match his cardigan.
  • Without getting ahead of ourselves, I think Trafalgar Square moving on to Covent Garden could be a shout.  Not all of us live in SE7 or the refined heights of the Peoples Republic of Bromley so somewhere in town makes sense for at least a swift half
  • I walk past it twice a day, I see lots of this invading Trafalgar Square thing by various groups. It’s something that doesn’t do it for me. I don’t like or feel need to let tourists know who I support, I would prefer to be in a pub having a beer.
    I think it’s a northern/ Scottish thing,”taking” London landmark.
    Who’d be going there to let tourists know who we support.....what a strange thing to say.......it won’t be crossing our minds for one moment.
    We would be going there to celebrate at a easily accessible and reasonably safe place with fellow Addicks at a location where it’s easy for them to congregate and then continue their journeys home afterwards whenever they wish.
    What’s your problem.....that you are bothered that you don’t want tourists to know who you support......that’s bloody weird ck if I may say so.
    Why not have a beer in one of the many pubs in the area ‘and’ take a bowl down to TS at some point as well?
    We are Londoner’s for the most part......why would we consider it as ‘taking’ it......it’s part of us and our heritage a part of ‘our’ city for Christ’s sake!
    Jeez, calm down mate.

You go along there if you want. Knock yourself out. Nobody will stop you.
  • Off_it said:
    I walk past it twice a day, I see lots of this invading Trafalgar Square thing by various groups. It’s something that doesn’t do it for me. I don’t like or feel need to let tourists know who I support, I would prefer to be in a pub having a beer.
    Who’d be going there to let tourists know who we support.....what a strange thing to say.......it won’t be crossing our minds for one moment.
    We would be going there to celebrate at a easily accessible and reasonably safe place with fellow Addicks at a location where it’s easy for them to congregate and then continue their journeys home afterwards whenever they wish.
    What’s your problem.....that you are bothered that you don’t want tourists to know who you support......that’s bloody weird ck if I may say so.
    Why not have a beer in one of the many pubs in the area ‘and’ take a bowl down to TS at some point as well?
    We are Londoner’s for the most part......why would we consider it as ‘taking’ it......it’s part of us and our heritage a part of ‘our’ city for Christ’s sake!
    Jeez, calm down mate.

Thousands of people enjoying themselves in the past, the Scots, Portsmouth and Sunderland.

Why can't we celebrate a win at Wembley this way?
  • Off_it said:
    I walk past it twice a day, I see lots of this invading Trafalgar Square thing by various groups. It’s something that doesn’t do it for me. I don’t like or feel need to let tourists know who I support, I would prefer to be in a pub having a beer.
    Jeez, calm down mate.

Thousands of people enjoying themselves in the past, the Scots, Portsmouth and Sunderland.

Why can't we celebrate a win at Wembley this way?
    You can if you want. Go for it. I've not heard anybody try stopping you.
  • I was in Trafalgar Square on 30th July 1966, although never went to the game as I had tickets to see a show bought a year earlier. Incredible, with many nations singing and cheering and waving their national flags, never saw any bother. Let us hope Charlton fans can gather and celebrate next week
  • I walk past it twice a day, I see lots of this invading Trafalgar Square thing by various groups. It’s something that doesn’t do it for me. I don’t like or feel need to let tourists know who I support, I would prefer to be in a pub having a beer.
    Wow, this has escalated!