Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Remember it will be light tonight

We all talk about atmosphere in the dark under the floodlights but sunset isn't until about quarter to nine so it will be light for the first half. I can still recall being very phased by that when I turned up for the Ipswich match back in 98.

At least it's grey and murky rather than bright sunshine!!

Comments

• They will probably get the lights on earlier if cloudy.
  • For real atmosphere they should turn the floodlights off and play in the dark. 
  • We all talk about atmosphere in the dark under the floodlights but sunset isn't until about quarter to nine so it will be light for the first half. I can still recall being very phased by that when I turned up for the Ipswich match back in 98.

At least it's grey and murky rather than bright sunshine!!
    Ah, but think of the atmosphere when we are slugging it out in extra time.
  • Uboat said:
    For real atmosphere they should turn the floodlights off and play in the dark. 
    They’ll need to be careful not to fall over the couple banging in the centre circle. 
  • TV cameras will want the lights on..
  • TV cameras will want the lights on..
    But we can switch off half the lights for pens...
  • Uboat said:
    For real atmosphere they should turn the floodlights off and play in the dark. 
    Good idea.
    Josh Parker will be MOM.
  • Chizz said:
    TV cameras will want the lights on..
    Half the lights are 'switched off'.
  • It's been dank & dreary all day......plus a bit nippy. Not only will the floodlights be on but coats as well. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2019
    Hex said:
    Chizz said:
    TV cameras will want the lights on..
    Half the lights are 'switched off'.
    There has been some work done this week - it should be a little brighter :smiley:
  • They will probably get the lights on earlier if cloudy.
    Not if Roland has any say in the decision. Don’t want to be running up the electric bill. 
  • Players will all be provided with miners hats.