Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

US PGA 2019

I keep half thinking it's the US Open this week,  I think because of the venue and it being the second major of the year. Bethpage sounds cold and wet with better weather at the weekend, so we should have a Sunday finish (touch wood). Obviously long, high hitters should shine. 

I've bet on Brooks, Finau, Schauffele, Cantlay and Fowler, who I like a bit more this week as no one is talking about him. 

Comments

• It will bring people like McIlroy and Rose into contention who hit it long and straight asthe greens aren't very tough, so I expect them to both finish high up, along with Koepke, Dustin Johnson and Justin Thomas.

They're my picks.

• supaclive said:

It will bring people like McIlroy and Rose into contention who hit it long and straight asthe greens aren't very tough, so I expect them to both finish high up, along with Koepke, Dustin Johnson and Justin Thomas.

They're my picks.

JT withdrew with a wrist injury last night. 
  • RedPanda said:
    supaclive said:

It will bring people like McIlroy and Rose into contention who hit it long and straight asthe greens aren't very tough, so I expect them to both finish high up, along with Koepke, Dustin Johnson and Justin Thomas.

They're my picks.

JT withdrew with a wrist injury last night. 

I won't be backing him then!
  • edited May 2019

No comments?!

Matt Wallace is -3 thru 4. Fleetwood has started well, Tiger started with his customary double bogey and is +2 after 5, Brooks is an ominous -2 after 5.

I really enjoy Koepka's bravado these days, stuff like 'I only need to beat a few guys as most will play themselves out of it'. ‘I didn't need to practice between tournaments, I’ve played enough golf in my life’

• Didn't realise it started, last minute had a dabble but early stages. quite busy so will keep half an eye on it, Koepka is quality , but so many of them are on their day.

I have gone 4 EW as pays to 10:

Molinari

Fleetwood

Cantlay

Snedeker

• Fowler, Finau, Schauffele and Day
  • Koepka looking awesome. Just wish he would stop/they would stop showing him gobbing. Disgusting. 
  • A 3 shot lead... Not even left work on day 1 and it feels like game over, damn it.
  • Why is the bloke so good at majors? I fancied him but will generally steer clear of prices short of 20/1...
  • Why is the bloke so good at majors? I fancied him but will generally steer clear of prices short of 20/1...
    He's a freak and claims they're easier to win that normal tour events. In the past he's said he cares more, concentrates more, and more people play themselves out of majors. 
    I'm sure he would have won last Sunday but he just couldn't be bothered. 
  • Sponsored links:

• He somehow goes un-noticed, its funny because he is always up there in the betting but still people will go for Woods/ Mclroy, Speith , bigger names who they have more attachment, or even Molinari/Fleetwood, any british player.

Anyone who backs him in majors is generally doing something right, I didn't :P

• He has only won 2 non majors.
  • edited May 2019
    Danny Lee who finished his 1st round at -6 and just one behind the leader has started his 2nd round & after 7 holes is now level par....... so 6 over today. 

Rory is in the same boat. Played 3 holes &  is 5 over for his round........7 over for the tournament. Ouch. 
  • Danny Lee who finished his 1st round at -6 and just one behind the leader has started his 2nd round & after 7 holes is now level par....... so 6 over today. 

Rory is in the same boat. Played 3 holes &  is 5 over for his round........7 over for the tournament. Ouch. 
    Is it the Masters or this one Rory hasn't won? I think it's the Masters.
  • LenGlover said:
    Danny Lee who finished his 1st round at -6 and just one behind the leader has started his 2nd round & after 7 holes is now level par....... so 6 over today. 

Is it the Masters or this one Rory hasn't won? I think it's the Masters.
    Yup Masters
  • Rory in non-majors this year:
    T4
    T5
    T6
    T9
    T8

Rory in majors:
    T21
    MC

Brooks in non-Majors this year:
    T27
    T2
    MC
    T56
    T56
    T22

Majors:
    W?

What's the opposite of a big game hunter?