Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Opera Singer

I remember in the Prem days when we had a big game coming up we’d have an opera singer in , to ‘stoke up the crowd’ give a sense of occcasion , and get the ‘juices flowing’

Now I know we’re in the 3rd division the old scrote has got his hand on the purse strings etc, just wondered if we had any Opera singers knocking around on Charlton life, just waiting for this moment, Nessum Dorma, that is all

Comments

• Great!

I’ll put you down for the singing then Greenie!
  • edited May 2019
    Lets be radical how about Plastic Bertrand! That may tempt a Belgian owner.
  • I remember in the Prem days when we had a big game coming up we’d have an opera singer in , to ‘stoke up the crowd’ give a sense of occcasion , and get the ‘juices flowing’

Now I know we’re in the 3rd division the old scrote has got his hand on the purse strings etc, just wondered if we had any Opera singers knocking around on Charlton life, just waiting for this moment, Nessum Dorma, that is all

he first came down pre prem days
  • Martin Toal wasn't it?
  • Martin Toal wasn't it?
    yes
  • edited May 2019
    He was a pal of Steve Sutherland.....or became a pal due to his visits to The Valley.
    Not sure how and why he was first approached.
    We all used to love his cameo appearances...........as he did too by all accounts.
  • http://www.martintoal.com/

There was a male and a female singer at our 2012 promotion party v Hartlepool.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2019
    I can recall that we had a piper a couple of times playing Valley Floyd Road too
  • I recall us borrowing a piper at Bury away a couple of years back, he was busking os the pub, appeared in the ground during the game and last seen on the train back to Euston properly drunk!  
  • I have an inkling that we had a Swedish tenor at The Valley on a couple of occasions?
  • What about the ABBA tribute band?
  • I have an inkling that we had a Swedish tenor at The Valley on a couple of occasions?
    I thought Mat Svensson wore number 9  ;)
  • Didn't Difford and Tilbrook (Squeeze) play before a match once?
    No.....I would put money on us having had a Swedish tenor on a couple of occasions.
  • No, get the Who down there, at 1974 volume.

See what Greenwich Council think of that......

• Bring back the shagging couple
  • edited May 2019
    When ever Martin Toal wasn't available, I remember a woman opera singer.
    If the said female has put the pounds on in recent years it won't be over till the large lady sings.

• Sponsored links:

• When ever Martin Toal wasn't available, I remember a woman opera singer.
    If the said female has put the ponds on in recent years it won't be over till the large lady sings.

SoundAsaPond. :/
  • I saw Martin Toal once at the station (non football occasion) and he was wearing a CAFC scarf.
    Had nothing but admiration for the fella ever since.

Hope he is singing on Friday - those who don't care for the opera can stay in the bars until it's over.
  • an opera singer is for a promotion party - we aren't there yet 
  • an opera singer is for a promotion party - we aren't there yet 
    Oh well, I’ll have to stick to singing my oil of Olay song......

Olay, Olay, Olay.....
    you know the rest.
    I remember them and confidently predicted they'd sing 'Winner takes it all' it was all too obvious ... except they didn't ... :neutral:

• Looks like he could be belting out Nessum Dorma in this picture - probably practicing for friday.
    On reflection he is probably signing Patience by Take That. 
  • According to this, Victoria Stanyon is a Charlton fan.  And look at Slater - all fragrant and innocent.

http://origin-www.cafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10267~2620466,00.html